1 Year Later And Still No Justice For John Hurley - The Good Guy With A Gun

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The chaos started when people called 911 to report an officer was shot in Olde Town Arvada. Officer Beesley responded and was shot by the suspect, Ronald Troyke. Arvada police say the man who shot and killed one of their own “hated” police officers. Hurley was at a local store when he heard gunshots and ran outside. He engaged with Troyke, shooting and killing him. Three Arvada officers were in a nearby office building. They heard the initial gunshots and saw the shooter, Troyke, head to his car then return to the square. Hurley shot Troyke, but the next time officers saw someone with an AR style rifle, it was in Hurley’s hands. “The officer here had objectively reasonable grounds to believe and did believe that he and other people were in imminent danger of being killed that day,” district attorney Alexis King said. “We hope our decision not to file charges will bring a small piece of closure to those affected and that in this finality there is some healing,” King said."

E5nVACkVUAoKl8h.jpg

So after this cop hating BLM thug guns down a cop, the hero is then gunned down by cops -- and no one ever was punished for it?? The district attorney talks about healing? Healing? WTF? How does that bring healing to his family when he was the guy who stopped the shooter? What good is it to be the good guy with the gun in this scenario, if doing the right thing still gets you killed by police? And this is compounded by the fact that for days, the police lied and claimed the shooter actually killed Mr. Hurley when they KNEW ALREADY that it was Mr. Hurley who took out the shooter....and the only way we knew this is because it took media filing FOIA requests to get the info....in other words, the cops were A-OK with continuing to lie about what happened....

It get worse......after lying to the public and refusing to acknowledge the full depth of Hurley's bravery -- we find out that the cops didn't even attempt to ID Hurley as the shooter or even ask him to drop his weapon...they just opened fire on sight...The problem is, the cops already seen the guy who was the shooter; so why automatically assume anyone with a gun is also a shooter and gun them down??..What's the fucking point of being the good guy with the gun at the scene of a shooting, if cops will just fire upon you indiscriminately?? And then lie about it afterwards....that discourages those of us from wanting to be the hero and saving the day; if we are just gonna get gunned down by trigger happy cops who can't tell a good guy from the bad guy.....I am very discouraged that virtually no guns rights activists cared enough for this guy to demand accountability.....RIP John Hurley....

I carry every day and everywhere it's legal to carry. But I don't carry to be a hero and the last thing I'd ever want to do is is to be standing around like a dumbass with a gun in my hand, when the police show up.

If you are a shooter and take out the bad guy, drop your weapon and lay flat on the ground, arms outstretched. It's called "the fog of war", and everyone can be a victim, civilian, good guy, bad guy, cause anyone can have a gun.

The officer made a mistake. The city will have to pay his family for his mistake. Your best bet is to wait for the cops unless you know there will be further casualties waiting for a police response. You fire your weapon at your own risk.

It might also help if you carry one of those large POLICE or FBI signs to hang over your jacket after you defend someone ? (just to prevent friendly fire)

New Topics

Forum List

Back