#1 why Canada is losing: Avg. covert Canadian police salary, low danger, $105k, A.I Engineer, Phd in math, coding, algorithm manipulation, $81k

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've said before, I don't have anything against, honest, uniformed officers. The most honest, logical officers with proper judgement, are worth their salaries. However, Canadas system of recruitment is based on nepotism. A culture of abuse that is passed on from generation to generation. Like the U.K who used to have the 2nd largest economy on earth, Canada continues to slide due to this East German model.

Unlike American police, Canadian police face far less danger and are far more intrusive, abusive and creepy within our society via covert means. As the old British model of Big Brother, ensures creepy undercovers and their families meddling in the most intimate life experiences of citizens. Literally the most intimate of life experiences...

Thus, while nations take our best talent, develop technologies that improve business, innovate a broad swath of consumer, business and government applications, improve military and tactics to crush our industries, Canada is left with Operation Creep and a reliance on REAL free nations to subsidize us. Many leaders in Canada realize the Golden Goose is going to stop laying eggs, especially since the Wuhan Virus hit and now they are talking about police "adjustments". Far too late, we're 60-70 years behind the rest of the West.

Good luck Canada. Some of us tried to warn you that the Piper would need to be paid...

Last edited:
The disturbing trend in both the U.S. and Canada is higher and higher wages, more and more costly benefits, and early, expensive pension obligations for public sector employees. For police, the high compensation is - I presume - coupled with the ability to retire much earlier than people in other fields of endeavor, so the Ontario taxpayer will be paying these (mainly) fellows for decades after they have hung up their shields.

Sadly, the taxpayers don't even have a seat at the table when these wages and benefits are negotiated. Often, in fact, the people on the "management" side of the table will personally benefit from generous concessions, as their compensation will be adjusted similarly after the ink dries on the union contract they are negotiating.

The only solution is to retire and pay minimal taxes and let the younger people shoulder the burden, until the whole house-of-cards collapses in a volcanic eruption of inflation. It works for me.

The disturbing trend in both the U.S. and Canada is higher and higher wages, more and more costly benefits, and early, expensive pension obligations for public sector employees. For police, the high compensation is - I presume - coupled with the ability to retire much earlier than people in other fields of endeavor, so the Ontario taxpayer will be paying these (mainly) fellows for decades after they have hung up their shields.

Sadly, the taxpayers don't even have a seat at the table when these wages and benefits are negotiated. Often, in fact, the people on the "management" side of the table will personally benefit from generous concessions, as their compensation will be adjusted similarly after the ink dries on the union contract they are negotiating.

The only solution is to retire and pay minimal taxes and let the younger people shoulder the burden, until the whole house-of-cards collapses in a volcanic eruption of inflation. It works for me.

Canadas economy is on a vastly different trajectory than Americas though, especially pre-virus. We were growing at less than 1% while our "economic engine" (loosely defined), has relied solely on debt for the growth, little private industry expansion. If you reward innovation and business, while more appropriately paying domestic police forces, your economy and citizens will prosper.

On many social and economic metrics, Canada is far behind in the G20. It's why I often scoff at UN reports that Canada is most happiest nation and other politically motivated studies designed to influence Americans primarily. Those in positions of authority work really hard to convince them that a U.S Republic is bad. Why are they so motivated to present this case?

How can Canadians be "happy" when it's $14k less PPP than U.S, is bottom on Access to Justice, corruption enforcement, accountable and transparent government, civil liberty, while second highest in terms of citizens leaving and never returning, and first or second in the world in total U.N human right complaints? You ask Canadians how they feel and they say "we are so much better than America". It's promoted all the time. The Wuhan Virus exposed this fallacy as 84% of our deaths occurred in Nursing Homes and 500 cops didn't even show up for work for a few days.

I've seen the Brits do the same. Youtube channels where Brit influencer walks around and ask others "guess how much it costs for _______ medical procedure in America"? The objective is to convince their citizens that big, controlling government is good for them. Rather than free markets, liberty and choices.

I don't know your life story or how you view Canada and our police apparatus. If the FBI, NYPD and state police buy Canadan policing as honest and character driven, that's on them. They are naively being conned. It's also dangerous for U.S liberty due to cross border interactions and info sharing.

Rest assured, from the RCMP on down, the racket is disgusting. Comical to anyone who pays attention, but disturbing to those living it. Entrapment isn't even the proper word for what these predators engage in. it's been so harmful to our National Security that now other nations take our citizens hostage and dare Canada to talk about their great system of liberty. We are forced to go silent...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back