Zionism - Why are so many Jews against it?

This is how imp. the temple mount was when Zionism first came up:

But now its the upmost importance. They didn't even really care, except he thought Palestine would have more appeal. This was the Jewish Solution, a country of their own.

PALESTINE OR ARGENTINE?
Shall we choose Palestine or Argentine? We shall take what is given us, and what is selected by Jewish public opinion. The Society will determine both these points.

Argentine is one of the most fertile countries in the world, extends over a vast area, has a sparse population and a mild climate. The Argentine Republic would derive considerable profit from the cession of a portion of its territory to us. The present infiltration of Jews has [96]certainly produced some discontent, and it would be necessary to enlighten the Republic on the intrinsic difference of our new movement.

Palestine is our ever-memorable historic home. The very name of Palestine would attract our people with a force of marvellous potency. If His Majesty the Sultan were to give us Palestine, we could in return undertake to regulate the whole finances of Turkey. We should there form a portion of a rampart of Europe against Asia, an outpost of civilization as opposed to barbarism. We should as a neutral State remain in contact with all Europe, which would have to guarantee our existence. The sanctuaries of Christendom would be safeguarded by assigning to them an extra-territorial status such as is well-known to the law of nations. We should form a guard of honor about these sanctuaries, answering for the fulfilment of this duty with our existence. This guard of honor would be the great symbol of the solution of the Jewish Question after eighteen centuries of Jewish suffering.
The Project Gutenberg eBook of The Jewish State by Theodor Herzl.

It's only a question....I, as you know, have my own views of Zionism as being a political 'organisation', in many cases an 'extremist organisation'...As with many/most religions, there are 'organisations' who choose to ignore their teachings and follow a path that does not adhere to their 'book of teachings'...Whether that is for religious reasons... More liberal or more conservative... Or political reasons... More power, more control...There seems to be more controversy/confusion over 'Zionism' than anything else...Just asking...
Yeah. Just baiting. Bog off.

It's only a question....

I, as you know, have my own views of Zionism as being a political 'organisation', in many cases an 'extremist organisation'...

As with many/most religions, there are 'organisations' who choose to ignore their teachings and follow a path that does not adhere to their 'book of teachings'...

Whether that is for religious reasons... More liberal or more conservative... Or political reasons... More power, more control...

There seems to be more controversy/confusion over 'Zionism' than anything else...

Just asking...
I find it funny that this asshole who refuses to define Zionism posts a total lie "why are so many Jews against Zionism."

Truth is, 99.9999% of Jews are Zionist.

I find it funny that this asshole who refuses to define Zionism posts a total lie "why are so many Jews against Zionism."

Truth is, 99.9999% of Jews are Zionist.

Oh very dear, dear, dear...

Rudeboy got his g-string in a twist again?

If you are going to quote then you need to make sure you quote properly...

"why are so many Jews against Zionism?"

See, if you can engage your braincell, go on, give it a try, you will see that there is NO way that question can be a lie.... ITS A FREAKING QUESTION ASSHOLE!

Go on Rudeboy... Post a link to YOUR "truth".... You prove to everyone that 99.9999% of Jews are Zionist...

And if you believe your lie that "99.9999% of Jews are Zionist" then you also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the man in the freaking moon....

About 10% at most is not "so many".

You're twisting the facts.

And they oppose it out of religion reasons.

Something which doesn't concern you, you're no Jew.

HOLY SHIT....

I didn't quote ANY facts to twist!!!!

And because I am not a Jew means that I have NOTHING to say about religion...

You fucking bigot!

Approximately 1,400,000 Jews can't be wrong!

And thats based upon YOUR quoted statistic that has no backup, no supporting evidence, no link, just a figure that has suddenly appears in your head... :cuckoo:

HOLY SHIT....

You fucking bigot!

No, because you're no Jew you have no FUCKING IDEA about the aspects of Judaism!

Twit

HOLY SHIT....

You fucking bigot!

No, because you're no Jew you have no FUCKING IDEA about the aspects of Judaism!

Twit

HAHAHA....

Fucking Bigoted Racist!

Because most Jews in the diaspora are Liberals/Progressives, and mistakenly view Zionism as a form of colonialism and hence wish to disassociate themselves from such a movement?

Then there are demagogues like Max Blumenthal who take the stance simply to advance their writing careers. LOL.

Because most Jews in the diaspora are Liberals/Progressives, and mistakenly view Zionism as a form of colonialism and hence wish to disassociate themselves from such a movement?

Then there are demagogues like Max Blumenthal who take the stance simply to advance their writing careers. LOL.
Actually most liberal Jews are not against Zionism. It's only the really hardcore, leftist, Marxist who believe it's "Colonialism" The rest think they can support Israel and support people like Obama in that they're clueless

Actually most liberal Jews are not against Zionism. It's only the really hardcore, leftist, Marxist who believe it's "Colonialism" The rest think they can support Israel and support people like Obama in that they're clueless

Oh, I agree- I'm not saying that being a progressive Jew tends to have one opposing Zionism- rather that, as a law of averages, progressives who happen to be Jewish are more prone to adopting such a stance. The Reform and Conservative/Masorti movements, for all their left-wing ideals in North America, have unwavered in their support for the Jewish state.....and that includes the shul which I will be converting through (Ratzon HaShem).

It's only a question....

I, as you know, have my own views of Zionism as being a political 'organisation', in many cases an 'extremist organisation'...

As with many/most religions, there are 'organisations' who choose to ignore their teachings and follow a path that does not adhere to their 'book of teachings'...

Whether that is for religious reasons... More liberal or more conservative... Or political reasons... More power, more control...

There seems to be more controversy/confusion over 'Zionism' than anything else...

Just asking...

You already have your answer, it's the extremism.

It's only a question....

Just asking...

Would you rather they were like muslims and followed the commands in the Koran to murder, steal, rape and brutalise. Instead of the views of Zionism that have been in existence longer than islam. Those views are no more than the resurrection of the Jewish national home and the defence of that national home from violence and terrorism.

Now what do you define Zionism as in your own words so we can see just how brainwashed you are.

As I said, it's only a question....

Either answer the OP question or... Go and hijack someone else post!

Hijack?? lol

The irony.

Greg

MrDVS1, et al,

I might be in agreement.

It's only a question....

Just asking...

You already have your answer, it's the extremism.
(COMMENT)

I'm simply not sure that there are not varying degrees of Zionism --- or that --- when someone says or uses the word Zionism, that we all understand it to mean the same thing (an understood universal definition for modern times). I'm not even sure that there is a proper contemporary usage today, other than for propaganda purposes.

I have heard many Jewish followers use the term "Zionism" and yet not gleaned a clear meaning of it or its 21st Century application.

Most Respectfully,
R

Why is the left so afraid of defining Zionism? If they leave it undefined then they can argue that it means every negative aspect of humanity and use every Jewish kook as examples; kooks that every other Jew would consider as deviant.

So what is a "Zionist".....

There is of course the Nazi version. The Evil Jude;
images

Oddly enough that is the same "Evil Jude" to which most anti-Israelis allude when they speak of, well, Israel This despite the contradiction of their views by any fair glance at the facts.

Then there is the Zionist of the land of Israel.

"The term “Zionism” was coined in 1890 by Nathan Birnbaum.

Its general definition means the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel.

Since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Zionism has come to include the movement for the development of the State of Israel and the protection of the Jewish nation in Israel through support for the Israel Defense Forces.

From inception, Zionism advocated tangible as well as spiritual aims. Jews of all persuasions - left, right, religious and secular - formed the Zionist movement and worked together toward its goals."

A Definition of Zionism Jewish Virtual Library

And not a word about conquering the world or destroying civilisation as we know it. Sounds very reasonable indeed.

Greg

There does appear to be considerable confusion over the use of the word "Zionism"...

However, general accepted description is of a 'Nationalistic Movement'...

The suggestion however that "99.9999% of Jews are Zionists" and that only "10% of Jews are against Zionism" is, quite frankly, ridiculous...

According to latest figures...

There are 14,000,000 Jews in the world of which 6,000,000 live in Israel...

If one is to believe some of the figures quoted by posters, "99.9999% Jews are Zionists" and "10% of Jews are against Zionism"...

Why are over 50% of Jews not living in Israel?

There does appear to be considerable confusion over the use of the word "Zionism"...

However, general accepted description is of a 'Nationalistic Movement'...

The suggestion however that "99.9999% of Jews are Zionists" and that only "10% of Jews are against Zionism" is, quite frankly, ridiculous...

Why are over 50% of Jews not living in Israel?

The water really tastes awful!!??

Greg

Forum List

Back