A Suppressed atrocity: The day Israel attacked the U.S.A.

Challenger

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2014
United Kingdom
The U.S.S. Liberty incident was hushed up for decades by successive U.S. governments. Seems the American people might finally get the chance to discover the truth.

The Day Israel Attacked America - Special series - Al Jazeera English

"...Fast forward to 2009 and I was a guest speaker at the NSA's biennial conference on historical cryptography, talking about an unsolved code on an 18th century monument in an English stately home.

While there, I went to two other sessions - both about attacks on American signal intelligence naval vessels.

The first was the capture of the US spy ship, the Pueblo (boarded by North Korean forces in 1968 - and never returned). The survivors of that incident were treated like heroes and feted on stage.

The next day there was a session about the USS Liberty. James Scott, who has written easily the best book on the Liberty attack, was on stage and limited to his allotted 20 minutes. Ranged against him were three Israeli apologists, all of whom were allowed to overrun their time. Survivors from the Liberty affair were allowed to sit in the audience, but they were denied any say in proceedings.

As an Englishman, I was brought up with a strong sense of fair play and I thought this was a disgrace. It was gruesome to watch. First, the crew had been attacked in broad daylight by a close ally, then they were betrayed by their government and now they were being humiliated by the same agency many had worked for back in 1967..."--- Richard Belfield

As an Englishman, I agree with him. Should be an interesting watch.

The U.S.S. Liberty incident was hushed up for decades by successive U.S. governments. Seems the American people might finally get the chance to discover the truth.

"...Fast forward to 2009 and I was a guest speaker at the NSA's biennial conference on historical cryptography, talking about an unsolved code on an 18th century monument in an English stately home.

While there, I went to two other sessions - both about attacks on American signal intelligence naval vessels.

The first was the capture of the US spy ship, the Pueblo (boarded by North Korean forces in 1968 - and never returned). The survivors of that incident were treated like heroes and feted on stage.

The next day there was a session about the USS Liberty. James Scott, who has written easily the best book on the Liberty attack, was on stage and limited to his allotted 20 minutes. Ranged against him were three Israeli apologists, all of whom were allowed to overrun their time. Survivors from the Liberty affair were allowed to sit in the audience, but they were denied any say in proceedings.

As an Englishman, I was brought up with a strong sense of fair play and I thought this was a disgrace. It was gruesome to watch. First, the crew had been attacked in broad daylight by a close ally, then they were betrayed by their government and now they were being humiliated by the same agency many had worked for back in 1967..."--- Richard Belfield

Lets see now, just how truthful could this be. Lets start with the source which is ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA, and the poster bringing it to peoples notice ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDIST. So I leave it up to the decent people on here to decide just how truthful this will be. For my money it will be a pack of lies.

Lets see now, just how truthful could this be. Lets start with the source which is ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA, and the poster bringing it to peoples notice ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDIST. So I leave it up to the decent people on here to decide just how truthful this will be. For my money it will be a pack of lies.

Lets start with the source which is ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA, and the poster bringing it to peoples notice ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDIST.

Yes, why don't we; the sources used in the film are the CIA, the NSA, those well known bastions of, "ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA":cuckoo:, and eye-witness accounts from the survivors

Thank you for the link. They did this to blame the Egyptians right? Same with the failed attack on the Egyptian US Embassy ?

This was an incredibly sad event.

An Israeli military court of inquiry later acknowledged that their naval headquarters knew at least three hours before the attack that the odd-looking ship 13 miles off the Sinai Peninsula, sprouting more than 40 antennas capable of receiving every kind of radio transmission, was "an electromagnetic audio-surveillance ship of the U.S. Navy," a floating electronic vacuum cleaner.

The Israeli inquiry later concluded that that information had simply gotten lost, never passed along to the ground controllers who directed the air attack nor to the crews of the three Israeli torpedo boats who picked up where the air force left off, strafing the Liberty's decks with their machine guns and launching a torpedo that blew a 39-foot hole in its starboard side.

New revelations in attack on American spy ship - Chicago Tribune

Is it the first time that friendly fire has killed allies?? From what I can gather friendly fire accounts for about 10-14% of casualties in most conflicts. It is sad but true; The Liberty was most probably just another one. A boon for the Haters; a tragedy for those who lost so much.

Greg

Thank you for the link. They did this to blame the Egyptians right? Same with the failed attack on the Egyptian US Embassy ?

Only they DIDN'T blame the Egyptians. They were going after an Egyptian ship. With radar etc one does not usually view a target before one attacks....especially in a hostile zone. A "visual" sighting may not have occurred before the first attack...making a consequent visual unclear. Israel accepted responsibility and paid out; nothing, though, brings back those who were lost.

A very sad event.

Greg

I'm not a fan of Israel or Zionism. But all the evidence was that the attack on USS Liberty was an accident, and the US Navy bears as much blame for that as the IDF.

Really?

libcard2.jpg

This was an incredibly sad event.

An Israeli military court of inquiry later acknowledged that their naval headquarters knew at least three hours before the attack that the odd-looking ship 13 miles off the Sinai Peninsula, sprouting more than 40 antennas capable of receiving every kind of radio transmission, was "an electromagnetic audio-surveillance ship of the U.S. Navy," a floating electronic vacuum cleaner.

The Israeli inquiry later concluded that that information had simply gotten lost, never passed along to the ground controllers who directed the air attack nor to the crews of the three Israeli torpedo boats who picked up where the air force left off, strafing the Liberty's decks with their machine guns and launching a torpedo that blew a 39-foot hole in its starboard side.

New revelations in attack on American spy ship - Chicago Tribune

Is it the first time that friendly fire has killed allies?? From what I can gather friendly fire accounts for about 10-14% of casualties in most conflicts. It is sad but true; The Liberty was most probably just another one. A boon for the Haters; a tragedy for those who lost so much.

Greg

Even your own article provides evidance that the attack was premeditated and deliberate, carried on when the ship was positively identified. "Friendly fire" (an oxymoron if ever there was one) is normally accidental and ceases when the target is identified.

The dishonesty of Zionists here trying to present this as an "unfortunate mistake" and "propaganda" is sadly entirely consistent with what they do over Israeli crimes every time.

But it shows they have no loyalty to American or more rightly, the individual Americans who stand up for America. Zionists regularly throw allies to the wolves, given half a chance. Because they are zealots and fundamentalists.

The dishonesty of Zionists here trying to present this as an "unfortunate mistake" and "propaganda" is sadly entirely consistent with what they do over Israeli crimes every time.

But it shows they have no loyalty to American or more rightly, the individual Americans who stand up for America. Zionists regularly throw allies to the wolves, given half a chance. Because they are zealots and fundamentalists.

Guy, I would think that I'm pretty anti-Zionist. Just ask the Zionist apologists.

But sometimes you just have to apply a bit of common sense. The Israelis had nothing to gain by intentionally attacking the Liberty.

Guy, I would think that I'm pretty anti-Zionist. Just ask the Zionist apologists.

But sometimes you just have to apply a bit of common sense. The Israelis had nothing to gain by intentionally attacking the Liberty.

The Hell you say?

They had a lot to gain. You clearly have not reviewed the story.

I like to try and think that this was a tragic 'accident'... And prefer to leave it that way....

My sympathy goes to those who were killed and injured during the 'accident'.

The fact that the ship was attacked in international waters is of grave concern!

The Americans forgave Israel for this MISTAKE, Al Jazira didn't, why? It is only serving the purpose of bashing Israel using Americans along with the victims family as a weapon.
1967?

[

The Hell you say?

Okay, thrill me.

What does Israel get out of attacking a US communications ship when they already have their hands full fighting Egypt, Jordan and Syria?

Look, I odn't like Israel, I don't like the influence they have on our policy and I don't like what they do to the Palestinians... but this was an accident.

[

The Hell you say?

Okay, thrill me.

What does Israel get out of attacking a US communications ship when they already have their hands full fighting Egypt, Jordan and Syria?

Look, I odn't like Israel, I don't like the influence they have on our policy and I don't like what they do to the Palestinians... but this was an accident.

That would be a spoiler. And someone has dedicated a whole documentary to answer your question.
So go watch it.

[

The Hell you say?

Okay, thrill me.

You can easy put a finger on pro-Palestine and anti-Israel,thing is they will accept everything they can to make Israel look bad, don't expect common sense here.

And the funny part to base my statement is the section of this thread, it has NOTHING to do with the Palestinians or the conflict but - still here I guess its part of the conflict to demonize Israel,isn't is?

It hasn't been hushed up for decades. There have been surges of publicity about the incident ever since it happened. The topic comes up every so often when a new book or article comes out about it. The Heritage Foundation published a paper about it in the early and mid 80's that was widely distributed at all the events they participated in or attended. The free publication was even handed out freely at non political events like ball games and parades. There were petitions and letter writing campaigns for investigations and Congressional Hearings.

[

The Hell you say?

Okay, thrill me.

They wanted the US in the fight.

Forum List

Back