Zimmerman poll

Should the question of whether or not to charge Zimmerman be put to a Grand Jury?

• A Grand Jury should hear the case against Zimmerman

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • A Grand Jury should not hear the case against Zimmerman

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
I didn't read further than the first sentence which was one of the dumbest things I've heard several people spewing on this board. You all are appointing yourselves judge, jury and executioner just as Zimmerman did.

So you're actually telling me that self defense is not a legitimate defense in the United States legal system? Really, G?

Actually, I suspect the real reason you don't want to respond is because you know it makes sense. I haven't appointed myself anything.... I have always maintained, and still maintain, that I do not know if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent... we have a legal system that determines that. We have a 'due process' that everyone is entitled to. In truth, you are the one who has found him guilty.... and you have based that opinion purely on the limited information in the media. That is trial by media. That, mo chara, is a very, very dangerous precedent to set.

Self defense is a legitimate defense but that has not been established here. You all act like a bump on the guy's head was perfect justification for him to shoot that kid!

I have not said it was a 'perfect justification'.... I have said, and continue to say, I don't know if he's guilty... because I do not have access to ALL the facts. Nor do you, but that does not seem to concern you. What I do know... that the police questioned him, that there is an eye witness.... and that the evidence they discovered appears to support his version of events... because if it did not, he would have been arrested, and charged by now.

Unlike some people (including - apparently - our resident lawyer)... I prefer to have ALL the evidence before I convict anyone.

We have more evidence that you are a gibbering idiot than that Zimmerman is either a racist or a murderer. Just sayin'.

because hunting down a teenage boy after calling him a "f*****g coon" isn't any indication of either?

maybe if the police had done their job?

just sayin

His version of the events does not include him 'hunting down a teenage boy'. Why - without considering his story - are you determined to use accusatory language? Being a lawyer, you should be able to see both sides of the tragedy, I think.

And..... that 'fucking coon' thing... could just as easily be 'fucking goon'. You have been told what interpretation to put on the words.... therefore, it's not valid. It is someone else's interpretation.

Maybe, the police did their job... maybe the evidence backs up his account.

he was told not to follow the kid. i have every right to use accusatory language in regard to his going hunting. i also listened to the 911 tape and heard him say "f*****g coons always get away with it".

no. the police didn't do their job drug testing a dead kid and not even bothering to gather evidence from zimmerman

Everything points to Zimmerman being a racist murder.

We have more evidence that you are a gibbering idiot than that Zimmerman is either a racist or a murderer. Just sayin'.

because hunting down a teenage boy after calling him a "f*****g coon" isn't any indication of either?

just sayin

p.s. i really hate it when you force me to not smack down an idiot like "truthseeker"...

Don't forget he is black as Zimmerman pointed out in the 911 call...as if being black is nefarious and he should be confronted.

A kid is dead.

A guy has lumps.

There's a smoking gun.

OF COURSE a grand jury needs to be convened.

Only if there is actual evidence to put before a Grand Jury.

The SA in question hasn't decided yet. Justifiable homicide won't go before a Grand Jury:

The prosecutor, Angela Corey, said on HLN that she has never used a grand jury to decide on charges in a justifiable homicide case.
"We do a thorough investigation. We make that decision ourselves," she said.

He has been tried and convicted, or find not guilty, in the 'Court of public opinion.' How can he GET a fair hearing now?

Parents of slain Florida teen to appear on Capitol Hill - CNN.com

Last edited:
So you're actually telling me that self defense is not a legitimate defense in the United States legal system? Really, G?

Actually, I suspect the real reason you don't want to respond is because you know it makes sense. I haven't appointed myself anything.... I have always maintained, and still maintain, that I do not know if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent... we have a legal system that determines that. We have a 'due process' that everyone is entitled to. In truth, you are the one who has found him guilty.... and you have based that opinion purely on the limited information in the media. That is trial by media. That, mo chara, is a very, very dangerous precedent to set.

Self defense is a legitimate defense but that has not been established here. You all act like a bump on the guy's head was perfect justification for him to shoot that kid!

I have not said it was a 'perfect justification'.... I have said, and continue to say, I don't know if he's guilty... because I do not have access to ALL the facts. Nor do you, but that does not seem to concern you. What I do know... that the police questioned him, that there is an eye witness.... and that the evidence they discovered appears to support his version of events... because if it did not, he would have been arrested, and charged by now.

Unlike some people (including - apparently - our resident lawyer)... I prefer to have ALL the evidence before I convict anyone.

There were also two other witnesses who found Zimmerman straddled on top of the kid with his hands on his back after he SHOT him. Does this not bother anyone, he shot that kid and he is walking around and there was no arrest.

They would have just let him go altogether if this story didn't hit the news.

just sayin

His version of the events does not include him 'hunting down a teenage boy'. Why - without considering his story - are you determined to use accusatory language? Being a lawyer, you should be able to see both sides of the tragedy, I think.

And..... that 'fucking coon' thing... could just as easily be 'fucking goon'. You have been told what interpretation to put on the words.... therefore, it's not valid. It is someone else's interpretation.

he was told not to follow the kid. i have every right to use accusatory language in regard to his going hunting. i also listened to the 911 tape and heard him say "f*****g coons always get away with it".

no. the police didn't do their job drug testing a dead kid and not even bothering to gather evidence from zimmerman

According to his lawyer, when he was told to stop following (not 'hunting', following... that is the language the dispatcher used).... he said 'ok' and did. He says he turned around and was walking back to his car. He says it was then that Martin came after him.

Even if he did use the word 'coons'.... that is evidence of nothing more than politically incorrect language.. According to his (black) friend, Zimmerman volunteers with kids - including black ones .... doesn't sound like much of a real racist from that account.

What I'm saying, Jillian... is we have no real evidence to convict the guy. As a lawyer, I would have thought you would disapprove of trial by media... which is exactly what this is.

According to his lawyer, when he was told to stop following (not 'hunting', following... that is the language the dispatcher used).... he said 'ok' and did. He says he turned around and was walking back to his car. He says it was then that Martin came after him.

Even if he did use the word 'coons'.... that is evidence of nothing more than politically incorrect language.. According to his (black) friend, Zimmerman volunteers with kids - including black ones .... doesn't sound like much of a real racist from that account.

What I'm saying, Jillian... is we have no real evidence to convict the guy. As a lawyer, I would have thought you would disapprove of trial by media... which is exactly what this is.

i didn't say to convict him. in fact, the poor job the police did gathering evidence and investigating probably mitigates against it. but they SHOULD investigate and the man should have a trial.

but the kid's girlfriend was on the phone with him and witnesses are saying that it was the KID who was screaming for help.

if it was a white kid who was hunted by a black guy who called him a "f*****g cracker", i'd expect there to have been an appropriate investigation, too.

and as the mother of a son, i don't think ANY mother should be afraid to send her kid to a store because of someone gone hunting....

There were also two other witnesses who found Zimmerman straddled on top of the kid with his hands on his back after he SHOT him. Does this not bother anyone, he shot that kid and he is walking around and there was no arrest.

They would have just let him go altogether if this story didn't hit the news.

It bothers me that people are assuming he is guilty without the evidence to support it. Again, I despise trial by media.

i didn't say to convict him. in fact, the poor job the police did gathering evidence and investigating probably mitigates against it. but they SHOULD investigate and the man should have a trial.

but the kid's girlfriend was on the phone with him and witnesses are saying that it was the KID who was screaming for help.

if it was a white kid who was hunted by a black guy who called him a "f*****g cracker", i'd expect there to have been an appropriate investigation, too.

and as the mother of a son, i don't think ANY mother should be afraid to send her kid to a store because of someone gone hunting....

How is it a 'fact' that the police did a 'poor job' gathering evidence and investigating? Because they didn't charge him?

The witnesses who heard the screaming did not see the incident... the eye witness - who actually saw it, he said it was Zimmerman pleading for help. He said that's what he SAW, not what he 'heard'. I defy anyone to know which of two men was 'screaming' without having seen it or knowing either individual. That is ridiculous.

I continue to wonder how the parents were told about this incident. How could they tell them the killer was released and just leave it at that?

Honestly, Jillian... I think you're being overly emotional about it. It is clear, from your language, that you believe him to be guilty. Trial by media - again, I would have thought you - of all people - would understand what a dangerous precedent that is.

Sorry, no one here has any right to say yay or nay. It is up to the LE people to decide if there is enough evidence to even bring the case to a Grand Jury.

Truth is none of us on here know jack shit about what happened... but I doubt if out opinions have any impact on the outcome of the courts decision.

That is exactly what some of us have been saying since the get go. None of us have ALL the fact so none of us can form a rational opinion.... but certain people appear more concerned with railroading the man instead of seeking justice.

Honestly, Jillian... I think you're being overly emotional about it. It is clear, from your language, that you believe him to be guilty. Trial by media - again, I would have thought you - of all people - would understand what a dangerous precedent that is.

CG you've got to stop this scolding business. It's apparent you have preconceived notions as well.

Seems to me like a classic case of self -defense. The FBI has been conducting an investigation, so far no arrest. I guess the FBI is part of this racist conspiracy too. :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry, no one here has any right to say yay or nay. It is up to the LE people to decide if there is enough evidence to even bring the case to a Grand Jury.

Truth is none of us on here know jack shit about what happened... but I doubt if out opinions have any impact on the outcome of the courts decision.

That is exactly what some of us have been saying since the get go. None of us have ALL the fact so none of us can form a rational opinion.... but certain people appear more concerned with railroading the man instead of seeking justice.

oh... you wanted a rational opinion? I say let the justice system work it out brfore a rush to judgement.

CG you've got to stop this scolding business. It's apparent you have preconceived notions as well.

I don't have a preconceived opinion on this. Much as you might want me to, I don't. I have stated several times and I'll say it again.... I'll wait until I have ALL the evidence before I decide whether he's guilty or innocent. Until that time, in our system, he is innocent. I passionately oppose trial by media.

Forum List

Back