Zimmerman "beat up" according to treating physician after the shooting

It wouldn't show up in a routine tox screen unless it was in the system at that time. Hair tests will show up earlier drug use.

Incorrect. Tests will come up "positive" for THC up to 30 days after use.

But at what levels? I don't know much about THC levels, but given that some people rushed to point out that there can often be a "spike" in the levels right after death, the amounts the autopsy found must have been kind of high.

Dude you cant be serious by thinking that Zimmerman didn't have a right to defend his self.

If all the EYEwitness accounts are true, and the evidence that police submitted is true... why do we continue to try and hang Zimmerman?

I have been attacked and nearly killed one night... I was wishing I had a gun, and the cops said that would have been a nightmare for me, and now I see why.

Not saying Trayvon was a bad guy because he smoked weed... I could care less, Hell I smoked it, but he should not have attacked Zimmerman. Bad move...

Roomy, you know that too.... this is why I am giving ya heck man.

There is no turning back from killing someone matey, it is not defending yourself, it is killing someone, how did he get to his gun and presumably take the safety off and then shoot and kill this kid while as suggested taking a life threatening beating? i am interested as to how it will be shown that the kid was going to kill him.I think Zimmerman is a fucking coward and a murderer.

We are a nation of LAWS, not a nation of what you think.
The law is that Zimmerman had a carrying permit legally and the law is that he can stand his ground when attacked and use deadly force if he has to.
Something about the rule of law, not men and their beliefs.

Don't count on this being a nation of laws. This case is an illustration of how that might change. This is a case in which there is a collision between judicial justice and social justice. The ends of social justice will not be served in the rule of law is followed. That's why the evidence that does not prove accepted social facts is wrong.

Dude you cant be serious by thinking that Zimmerman didn't have a right to defend his self.

If all the EYEwitness accounts are true, and the evidence that police submitted is true... why do we continue to try and hang Zimmerman?

I have been attacked and nearly killed one night... I was wishing I had a gun, and the cops said that would have been a nightmare for me, and now I see why.

Not saying Trayvon was a bad guy because he smoked weed... I could care less, Hell I smoked it, but he should not have attacked Zimmerman. Bad move...

Roomy, you know that too.... this is why I am giving ya heck man.

There is no turning back from killing someone matey, it is not defending yourself, it is killing someone, how did he get to his gun and presumably take the safety off and then shoot and kill this kid while as suggested taking a life threatening beating? i am interested as to how it will be shown that the kid was going to kill him.I think Zimmerman is a fucking coward and a murderer.

The law is that Zimmerman had a carrying permit legally and the law is that he can stand his ground when attacked and use deadly force if he has to.

Neighborhood Watch are not allowed to carry weapons of anykind or confront anyone. They only can observe and call 911 and that is all. Trayvon had the right to stand his ground and fight when he thought his life was threaten and being followed by a man that look a crazy gang banger and confronted.
You don't pick a fight and when you are getting your ass kicked pull a gun and shot someone and call it self defense and standing your ground. Not in America? It's called MURDER.

and Trayvon was NOT shot at close range but from an intermediate distance....wonder what that means?

I had thought that zimmerman shot him when he was on top of him beating him, to save himself from "death", but the report says trayvon was shot from "an intermediate" distance? what the heck is intermediate distance?

The reports I've read say "less than 18 inches".

I believe "intermediate" is a way of saying, "the gun was close, but not pressed up against his skin". There was stippling on Martin's skin, so it couldn't have been too far away.

Whether or not Martin had THC in his system is irrelevent. It all comes down to who threw the first punch.

Personally, I think it comes down to who didn't let a young man walk home in peace.

In a manslaughter case you have an excellent point.
But in a murder charge no way. The burden of proof is intent to kill from the start and there was no intent to kill from the start.
If there was then there would have never been a struggle on the ground.
No way a jury convicts on murder in this. How could they?
The Judge's charge in every state in the country on murder is "Jurists, unless you find that the defendant had the intent to kill the deceased from the time he first encountered him you must find the defendant not guilty."
Facts sure are a bitch. The law is even harder for the dumbmasses to understand.
This is an involuntary manslaughter case from the word go.
10 years to serve 1-3.
Zimmerman walks on the murder charge if that is all they are charged on before the jury goes out.
Book it.

He should not have attacked Zimmerman? He had no choice when Zimmerman provoke him into attacking him so he could shoot him and call it self defense. Zimmerman did not throw one punch. Isn't that strange? Instinct would have taken over and there would have been one hell of a fist fight. He could have landed one punch and got the 140 kid off him. He made the choice long before the confronted Trayvon. This was a plan of is not to "let this ass hole get away."

Neighborhood Watch are not allowed to carry weapons of anykind or confront anyone. They only can observe and call 911 and that is all. Trayvon had the right to stand his ground and fight when he thought his life was threaten and being followed by a man that look a crazy gang banger and confronted.
You don't pick a fight and when you are getting your ass kicked pull a gun and shot someone and call it self defense and standing your ground. Not in America? It's called MURDER.

Zimmerman had a license to carry a concealed weapon. You're wrong. Please stop contributing to the hysteria.

and Trayvon was NOT shot at close range but from an intermediate distance....wonder what that means?

I had thought that zimmerman shot him when he was on top of him beating him, to save himself from "death", but the report says trayvon was shot from "an intermediate" distance? what the heck is intermediate distance?

The reports I've read say "less than 18 inches".

I believe "intermediate" is a way of saying, "the gun was close, but not pressed up against his skin". There was stippling on Martin's skin, so it couldn't have been too far away.

"intermediate" range means the forensic testing can not determine how close the range was but that it was not point blank. Powder and impact determines the closeness. You rarely ever get closer than 6 inches unless the victim is asleep or it is a contract assasination hit where that shot is after the victim is down from the first shots. One shot killings are rarely less than the intermediate range.

Whether or not Martin had THC in his system is irrelevent. It all comes down to who threw the first punch.

Yes, but did the pot in his system impair Martin's judgment enough so that he would fail to perceive the danger in throwing the first punch. That's the question.

Frankly, I think the marijuana in Martin's system is less about his aggression than speaking to his behavior which initially made Zimmerman suspicious of him. Zimmerman told the dispatcher on the phone that the guy "looked like he was on drugs or something", and now we know that, in fact, he was. So it goes to corroborating Zimmerman's story that, rather than maliciously profiling Martin simply because Zimmerman didn't like blacks, he really was legitimately suspicious of a stranger in his neighborhood behaving oddly.

You are right that possibly Martin also had the right to stand his ground.
But if Martin threw the first punch then the law is not on his side.
Sorry that does not fit your biased and prejudiced opinion.
You were not there. You do not know who threw the first punch.

Those of you who are Democrats should be ashamed of yourselves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmg1aY6_AJI]Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla) - YouTube[/ame]

It wouldn't show up in a routine tox screen unless it was in the system at that time. Hair tests will show up earlier drug use.

Incorrect. Tests will come up "positive" for THC up to 30 days after use.

But at what levels? I don't know much about THC levels, but given that some people rushed to point out that there can often be a "spike" in the levels right after death, the amounts the autopsy found must have been kind of high.

yup.

And i've given a lot of drug tests. THC hardly ever shows up for 30 days. There's the POTENTIAL for it, but it's rare.

Yes, but did the pot in his system impair Martin's judgment enough so that he would fail to perceive the danger in throwing the first punch. That's the question.

Frankly, I think the marijuana in Martin's system is less about his aggression than speaking to his behavior which initially made Zimmerman suspicious of him. Zimmerman told the dispatcher on the phone that the guy "looked like he was on drugs or something", and now we know that, in fact, he was. So it goes to corroborating Zimmerman's story that, rather than maliciously profiling Martin simply because Zimmerman didn't like blacks, he really was legitimately suspicious of a stranger in his neighborhood behaving oddly.

All maybes.
THC can stay in the hair for 40-50 days and I guarantee it was hair follicle test.
No one knows when he smoked his last twisty. Maybe that is why he was out in the first place but maybe is all we have.
And maybes are nothing.

Stand your ground law do not apply in this case no matter how much Taryvon fucked him up. Picking the fight won't work as it has already been ruled (and even the Supreme Court case that set up the precedence makes this distinction) that starting a fight invalidates the defense.

"Stand your ground" equates to "kill anyone you want to". I don't think so.

I don't even play an attorney on TV, but I have to think that Zimmerman's actions determined what happened next. Martin was going home to watch the game. He bought snacks, he was going home. If Zimmerman had been on a different street, that's what would have happened.

IOW, Martin was not operating in a vacuum.

Zimmerman had a license to carry a concealed weapon. You're wrong. Please stop contributing to the hysteria.

Not as Neighborhood watch.:cuckoo:

He wasn't on neighborhood watch the night of the shooting.

I don't even play an attorney on TV, but I have to think that Zimmerman's actions determined what happened next. Martin was going home to watch the game. He bought snacks, he was going home. If Zimmerman had been on a different street, that's what would have happened.

IOW, Martin was not operating in a vacuum.

How do you know Martin was going home? Who said that?

He wasn't on neighborhood watch. Please stop contributing to the hysteria.

Forum List

Back