Zero Tolerance, Zero Compromise

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
What should we never tolerate, and should never compromise on?

EXAMPLES:
(1) We should never tolerate corruption
(2) We should never compromise our freedom
(3) We should never tolerate injustice
(4) We should never compromise trust

Would you argue the flowing to be incorrect?

(1) We should never compromise our religious beliefs
(2) We should always compromise concerning political differences
(3) We should never tolerate racial prejudice and hatred
(4) We should always be tolerant of sexual preferences concerning same-sex relationships and marriages

Would taking a firm stand on any matter, as a matter of personal preference, be considered as intolerant of opposition to our stance?

You put out a helluva good list, there.

The first list of four examples - complete agreement from me. We should never tolerate corruption, we should never compromise our freedom, we should never tolerate injusting and we should never compromise trust. And from your second list, no. 3: We should never tolerate racial prejudice and hatred, irrespective of where it begins.

The only problem is that most all of us tolerate all of this to some extent, either knowingly or unknowingly.

The second list is more problematic for me.

For instance:

- can only be answered when those religious beliefs are defined.

- switch "always" with "at times", if the compromise truly serves the greater good.

I am not sure why you needed to have a no. 4. Sexual preference is sexual preference. I prefer women, I always have, I always will. But I don't care what other people prefer. For me, it is a total non-starter.

But good job on making an interesting thread.

:thup:

• Banned

The first list of four examples - complete agreement from me. We should never tolerate corruption, we should never compromise our freedom, we should never tolerate injusting and we should never compromise trust. And from your second list, no. 3: We should never tolerate racial prejudice and hatred, irrespective of where it begins.

The only problem is that most all of us tolerate all of this to some extent, either knowingly or unknowingly.

For instance:

- switch "always" with "at times", if the compromise truly serves the greater good.

I am not sure why you needed to have a no. 4. Sexual preference is sexual preference. I prefer women, I always have, I always will. But I don't care what other people prefer. For me, it is a total non-starter.

In my opinion, we make way too much of personal preferences concerning sex. Like you, I and TOTALLY committed to WOMEN, and will never change. But, I do NOT judge others for what they do in their personal Lives. When it comes to religion, either you are strong in your beliefs, or you really don't have a religious stance to claim as believing.

THANKS.

For instance:

In my opinion, we make way too much of personal preferences concerning sex. Like you, I and TOTALLY committed to WOMEN, and will never change. But, I do NOT judge others for what they do in their personal Lives. When it comes to religion, either you are strong in your beliefs, or you really don't have a religious stance to claim as believing.

THANKS.

I am a live and let live person and as long as another person is not harming me or the general public, I pretty much let most stuff go right over my shoulder. Pffft.

Agree on the first list, but not the second.

The problem is our political leadership has no problem compromising on corruption, OUR freedoms, injustice, and trust. Unfortunately much of the American people don't seem to have a problem with their compromising and consistently allow it.

• Banned

For instance:

THANKS.

I am a live and let live person and as long as another person is not harming me or the general public, I pretty much let most stuff go right over my shoulder. Pffft.
Me too. I agree.

Forum List

Back