YouTube Channels

I just use it for tunes, history, or any research

It is a verbal pictorial and spoken history. And written

I use it for music a lot too. Love watching videos on ancient Rome, too. Check out those channels, one recreates air disasters, and the other is a guy from New Zealand who likes traveling to sketchy places in the world.

You know, pretty much all I've ever used YouTube for was watching music videos and finding new music. Recently however, I'd gotten a free trial of YouTube music, which lets you listen to your favorite music, make playlists, and all of it is commercial free. When I got a new (to me) car, I decided to get a Bluetooth plug in so I could make hands free phone calls, and listen to YouTube while I'm driving. Now? I hardly ever listen to the radio while driving anymore. I simply plug my phone into the charger (if needed), tap the YouTube app on my phone, and let it play through the Bluetooth to my car stereo. I personally think it's great that I can get a wide variety of music with no commercials or DJ, and it's all the genres that I like. Yeah, a YouTube music subscription at 10 bucks/mo. is worth it to me.

I just want to share one more channel you guys might find interesting, this guy is from Latvia and is cycling across Africa. He starts in Egypt and ends in South Africa. (His journey is almost complete, as he is in South Africa now) He has 52 videos done, and I have seen some amazing scenery and people on his journey. Namibia, an old Dutch/German colony, is incredibly barren, and there were more white people living there than black, it seems. Doesn't seem to have changed much since the colonial era. He's seen wildlife, major mechanical issues (and problems getting spare parts) as well as lots of free meals and lodging from strangers. The kindness and civility thru all of Africa has been really cool to see. I think the people in Egypt were maybe the least friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpQflTOnCnQY2_Q8VcCy58w

I don't have a favorite channel, but lately, the classic Sesame Street clips that include Northern Calloway as David are what I have been watching these days. I miss him so much.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love him)

The best thing about Youtube is, not always easy, but you can find the raw - unedited - video of some newsworthy event.
Take the George Floyd occurrence.
Not easy to find, but if everyone watched the, I think it was about 45 minutes, of raw body cam footage - you would see the event very differently.
Before I saw that video I was pretty much all one one side of it, then I saw the video and became almost 50/50.

Forum List

Back