bicycle riding and ice skating

spending summers upstate

working as a cashier in a supermarket after school

hanging with friends

playing this:

epiphone_acoustic_1.jpg

and all the other stuff teens do. ;)

Last edited:
Pop died when I was 12, older brothers split or were kicked out so I was male head of household at 14 with 3 younger siblings. Kinda sucked.
Met high school sweetheart at 15, got a job, hung out pals mostly.

Drama Club - Ceramic Studio - Poetry Journal Geek.

You did Ceramic Studio? You rebel you!

Drama club, Poetry journal; im shocked, no really, i don't think any of us woulda guessed that :eusa_whistle:

I also worked at a gas station, a drapery shop, and a dreaded fast food outlet...and still managed to graduate 3rd in a class of 500; and I was very active in my school's California Scholarship Federation group.

:)

Last edited:
Wow, hard to imagine that was ten years ago. I fortunately, since I grew up in DC, traveled a lot. Every summer I would take a train somewhere in the NEC, like Boston or New York. I worked at a pizza shop in NYC for two months when I was 16, good times. The summer when I turned 18 I went to Europe and took a train around it. God there was so much booze.....

wow, 14- 18? Boys school in the school terms, summer was alcohol, drugs, sex, music, concerts, building cars, wrecking them, working......:lol:

Music, Guitars (still play), chased girls, went to Drag Races and Street Races, Car Shows, Built R/C model airplanes (still do), halfway customized a 1972 Chevelle before I went into the service.

small block or big block? muncie or super t-10? ;)

Generally hung with the wrong crowd until the service straightened me out and cured me of all those "bad habits" and "poor social skills" I had. :lol:

wow, we're bothers?

Generally hung with the wrong crowd until the service straightened me out and cured me of all those "bad habits" and "poor social skills" I had. :lol:

Interesting:

I had the exact opposite experience. Hung out with intelligent, well-mannered gentlemen, until the service, then spent all my money on loose women, fast cars, and cheap booze.

What did you do for fun back in the "day" when you were a teen, ages 14,15, 16, 17 and 18.

Were you a teen before CD's? Computers? Video Games? Cell Phones?

What kind of things did you do back in your teen years?

Mostly fish and camp waterski, swim and such things.

What did you do for fun back in the "day" when you were a teen, ages 14,15, 16, 17 and 18.

Were you a teen before CD's? Computers? Video Games? Cell Phones?

What kind of things did you do back in your teen years?

mastodon hunts, cave painting, chipping flint for knives.

you know, the usual kid stuff.

seems a long time ago now

:cool:

Hard to recall your last date:(

I'm going back before computers and gaming. From 14-15 I read a lot. I went with friends to our city's downtown and hung out with Cokes and fries. Sometimes we went to movies, sometimes to the mall about a 3 mile ride or walk. We did overnights, sometimes with boys and played spin-the-bottle. As far as I know, we all were still virgins-boys and girls. We went to the basketball and football games.

16-18 we ditched school, went to drink coffee and talk about how stupid the teachers and those kids in school. At night we drove around, inevitably ending up drinking coffee and discussing how cool we were and how empty the lives of our parents and teachers. I earned C's and B's, homework didn't count in those days. I could show up and take tests without studying getting A's, B's, and C's sometimes.

At around 17 my parents had taken away my car, though I still had easy ways to get around with my friends, whose parent's weren't so 'uptight.' They were really pissed about me ditching school, in spite of my arguments that I was way smarter than the jerk teachers.

At graduation my mom advised me that I'd better cut short my partying that night, as the next day I was starting college. WTF? I'd not applied anywhere. Seems she did and forged my signature. They took me on probation for the summer. I said, "No." She said, "Fine, get an apartment."

I went to school, in summer. 18 hours. Under protest by myself and the college adviser who argued that the schedule was insane for summer and a freshman. My mother's reply, "She needs to work, none of her friends will be here and I'm not paying for her to take it easy." Straight A's. For the first time ever, I figured out I wasn't fooling teachers, just myself. I could do it. I only stayed at that university for 3 quarters, but the die was cast.

I really miss my mom.

Forum List

Back