~Your Teenage Years Ages 14-18~

What did you do for fun back in the "day" when you were a teen, ages 14,15, 16, 17 and 18.

Were you a teen before CD's? Computers? Video Games? Cell Phones?

What kind of things did you do back in your teen years?

mastodon hunts, cave painting, chipping flint for knives.

you know, the usual kid stuff.

seems a long time ago now

:cool:

Sorry, I know for a fact that you are younger than my mom was and she told me that she got to school on a horse, when Chicago was a prairie. She was in school in the 20's and 30's. ;) Umm, is anyone going to tell me she didn't use a horse? LOL!

he was a tremendous practical joker.

he used to do this bit with stone tablets that, well, i guess you had to be there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAtRCJIqnk]YouTube - Moses - Ten Commandments - Mel Brooks[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: del
mastodon hunts, cave painting, chipping flint for knives.

you know, the usual kid stuff.

seems a long time ago now

:cool:

I gotta ask Del, what was Moses really like?

:scared1:

he was a tremendous practical joker.

he used to do this bit with stone tablets that, well, i guess you had to be there.

was he the first one to wear black socks and sandals? :eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I heard he was quite an adept Hackey Sack player.

Lived one house away from the ball field, so I played Baseball and Football every day the weather permitted and I was 5 blocks from the ocean and across the street from a lake so I swam, body-surfed and water-skied all summer. But my first love was always music and I listened to 45s and played the drums all the rest of my free time.

45s.gif

Rogers_IMG_4134_sm.jpg

I think the craziest time was when I turned 18 I went to Quebec and got wasted. Wow, talk about hangovers, fortunately, I had an understanding Customs officer and decided not to sneak any booze across the border.

Lived one house away from the ball field, so I played Baseball and Football every day the weather permitted and I was 5 blocks from the ocean and across the street from a lake so I swam, body-surfed and water-skied all summer. But my first love was always music and I listened to 45s and played the drums all the rest of my free time.

45s.gif

Rogers_IMG_4134_sm.jpg

It was nice back then when parents could let their kids wander the streets and not worry (as much) about some prick snatching and molesting them. Those were the good ole days. My kids were cheated as they were rarely allowed to leave the front yard unless a well known adult was with them.

Immie

Cd's were out, nO one really had a cell phone yet, and I was actually a pretty good kid. I partied a little and smoke pot once in awhile but other than that I was a pretty responsible teen. I didn't have sex, and I didn't really lie to my parents.
We cruised a lot, and went to some keggers in the woods, but I didn't even get drunk on most occasions. I always had to drive.

Cd's were out, nO one really had a cell phone yet, and I was actually a pretty good kid. I partied a little and smoke pot once in awhile but other than that I was a pretty responsible teen. I didn't have sex, and I didn't really lie to my parents.
We cruised a lot, and went to some keggers in the woods, but I didn't even get drunk on most occasions. I always had to drive.

Sounds like you must not have been much fun on a date. ;)

Immie

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14-18, would have been the 60's. I was raised in the country in SW Louisiana.

We got some guys together and played touch football. We all owned guns, so we shot a lot, pistols and rifles for me, I never liked shotguns. We went snake shooting a lot on farmers land, who had a pond and wanted to take their kids out there, but they had too many snakes. Me and a couple of buds would go walk around the pond and shoot the snakes.

By 15, I was working in a gas station during summers, washing cars, oil changes and grease jobs, mount and balance tires, fix flat tires (I still will plug one of my tires if the tire store refuses to fix it to try and force me to buy a tire, I use a plug kit from the auto part store, heck, I still change my own oil). I worked 12 hours a day, 6 AM to 6 PM, six days a week. I would have been bored at home, so making money seemed like a good deal. I made $1 per hour. Up at 4:45, leave house at 5:25, open station at 5:50 after a 15 mile ride into town.

Legal drinking age was 18, so we started at 16. I just got knee crawling drunk about 3 times a year, sometimes after a breakup with a young lady.

Immie

I didn't date much. I was pretty shy when it came to guys. That all changed when my heart got broke by two different guys.

Immie

I didn't date much. I was pretty shy when it came to guys. That all changed when my heart got broke by two different guys.

So now you're a drunk slut?

:D

<ducks>

Forum List

Back