~Your Teenage Years Ages 14-18~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
What did you do for fun back in the "day" when you were a teen, ages 14,15, 16, 17 and 18.

Were you a teen before CD's? Computers? Video Games? Cell Phones?

What kind of things did you do back in your teen years?

I'm still in my teen years, so those days seem like ancient history to me :lol:. Idk what I'd do without my: Droid, iTouch, Laptop, XM radio, portable DVD player.. Hmm, what else is there?.. Oh yeah, video games! :D. I'd be lost.. o_O.

This:

black_strat.jpg

For the most part I walked around with a book in front of my junk.

The rest of the time I dominated Asteroids and owned Pacman.

got into a lot of fights. we moved often and my last name can and was twisted into: "Say that again and I'm kicking your ass" word.

The only "odd" thing would be I didn't get my license until I was 18. I loved riding my bike so much I never bothered.

What did you do for fun back in the "day" when you were a teen, ages 14,15, 16, 17 and 18.

Rock and roll, sex, drugs.

Youth today is wasted on iphones, video games and the computer.

So glad I was a teen when I was! :lol:

Drama Club - Ceramic Studio - Poetry Journal Geek.

Same thing I do now. Loner, hermit. Kept to myself. Enjoyed nature and being alone.

Well, I'm not far past my teen years, so I basically did the same things I do now; school, lots of computer time, listening to my iPod, and watching TV.

I was in Catholic school then so I was looking for any way possible to be a nasty little brat. I had a gang of friends just like me and we all made our parent's lives miserable.

I was rewarded with the most beautiful daughter. She never gave me a moment's worry.

We argue now and then but she was such a good girl. :)

Music, Guitars (still play), chased girls, went to Drag Races and Street Races, Car Shows, Built R/C model airplanes (still do), halfway customized a 1972 Chevelle before I went into the service.

Generally hung with the wrong crowd until the service straightened me out and cured me of all those "bad habits" and "poor social skills" I had. :lol:

I collected books. I spent a lot of time at Powell's bookstore on Burnside, and the public library.

I liked reading history, and I also liked reading contemporary accounts. The Multnomah County Library had a great microfilm room. I liked to go back into the papers and read what folks were actually saying about the news, rather than what the books said they were thinking. I found a great deal of variance.

I played soccer in a club, was very ambitious.
I had a violent approach to my problems at those times. Outside of my friendship-circle I didn't give much value to other teenagers, in school I mobbed a lot of other people, some without words.

Playing a music-instrument was nothing for me.

Forum List

Back