Your tax dollars at work - Obama DOG gets private plane

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Vacationing at Matha's Vineyard - where all the rich white people are.

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home - Telegraph

n8:07PM BST 11 Aug 2013

Rooms have to be found for dozens of Secret Service agents, someone has to carry a selection of presidential basketballs, and of course the family dog needs his own state-of-the-art aircraft.
Arriving in the idyllic coastal retreat of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts, Mr Obama left behind him in Washington DC high profile debates over the budget, government surveillance and his health care reforms. Instead, he will spend the next eight days playing golf, going to the beach, and buying books from the Bunch of Grapes bookstore.

Bo, the president's Portuguese Water Dog, arrived separately on one of two MV-22 Ospreys, a hybrid aircraft which takes off like a helicopter but flies like a plane.

It was the first time the Ospreys have been taken on holiday by a US president.
More than 70 hotel rooms, each costing up to $345 (£220) a night, have been booked out for Secret Service agents, who took charge of luggage including two large mesh bags full of basketballs.
The Obamas are staying in Chilmark on the western tip of the island, an area that is dotted with multi-million dollar homes. The neighbours include actor Ted Danson and the singer Carly Simon.

Last edited:
Except for the FACT that the dog rode in the plane which was for staffers you'd be correct.

So the dog rode on the aircraft. No big deal. it is not like they chartered a helicopter just for the dog. Slow news day? Now if the dog piloted the aircraft, that would be real news.

If this is the most up to date right wing outrage.........and this is ALL they have to be mad about right now......then the USA is a lucky country.

Guess what? Due to how our society is set up, I have no choice but pay for electricity and fuel. If I dont pay for power, the government will literally send a social worker to check my well being, and possibly declare me "endangered adult" due to 100 degree weather. And I have only 1 privately owned power company, SCE&G here. Thus, I must work, and drive to work.

I bet the dogs of the CEO of SCE&G and the Exxon I have to stop at.....I bet their dogs travel well too.

If the CEO of big companies can spoil their dogs, I sure expect the President of the United States of America to, well, treat his dog pretty darn good also.

Rooms have to be found for dozens of Secret Service agents, someone has to carry a selection of presidential basketballs, and of course the family dog needs his own state-of-the-art aircraft.
Arriving in the idyllic coastal retreat of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts, Mr Obama left behind him in Washington DC high profile debates over the budget, government surveillance and his health care reforms. Instead, he will spend the next eight days playing golf, going to the beach, and buying books from the Bunch of Grapes bookstore.

Bo, the president's Portuguese Water Dog, arrived separately on one of two MV-22 Ospreys, a hybrid aircraft which takes off like a helicopter but flies like a plane.

More than 70 hotel rooms, each costing up to $345 (£220) a night, have been booked out for Secret Service agents, who took charge of luggage including two large mesh bags full of basketballs.
The Obamas are staying in Chilmark on the western tip of the island, an area that is dotted with multi-million dollar homes. The neighbours include actor Ted Danson and the singer Carly Simon.

It probably cost $50,000 dollars to fly his dog to Obama's little $7.5 million vacation retreat.

Except for the FACT that the dog rode in the plane which was for staffers you'd be correct.

So the dog rode on the aircraft. No big deal. it is not like they chartered a helicopter just for the dog. Slow news day? Now if the dog piloted the aircraft, that would be real news.

It's worse than if they chartered a helicopter just for the dog. Those V22s cost $70 million each to buy, and the cost to fly them is $10,000 per hour.

woof!

But, yeah. It rode in a seperate aircraft in a convoy, which always consists of a few aircraft.
I like how they stirred it up to sound like it was only just for the dog.

woof!

But, yeah. It rode in a seperate aircraft in a convoy, which always consists of a few aircraft.

Didn't they arrange the V22 flight just for the dog? What else was on that aircraft?

It probably cost $50,000 dollars to fly his dog to Obama's little $7.5 million vacation retreat.

That 7.5 million vacation spot is probably Camp David, a place where Jr. spent a lot of time.

Sorry, but I don't think that it cost Obama 50,000 dollars to have his dog transported there.

Can you provide a link?

Otherwise, be known for the conservative liar (who hates black men) that you are.

If this is the most up to date right wing outrage.........and this is ALL they have to be mad about right now......then the USA is a lucky country.

Guess what? Due to how our society is set up, I have no choice but pay for electricity and fuel. If I dont pay for power, the government will literally send a social worker to check my well being, and possibly declare me "endangered adult" due to 100 degree weather. And I have only 1 privately owned power company, SCE&G here. Thus, I must work, and drive to work.

I bet the dogs of the CEO of SCE&G and the Exxon I have to stop at.....I bet their dogs travel well too.

If the CEO of big companies can spoil their dogs, I sure expect the President of the United States of America to, well, treat his dog pretty darn good also.

A CEO has a salary that he earns from his position in the company selling a product or a service. Obama is a public servant. Every extravagance is at our expense, at the same time he's screwing us with his furloughs an his tax increases. We are paying for his massive security demands and his special treatment for the most part against our will.

That 7.5 million vacation spot is probably Camp David, a place where Jr. spent a lot of time.

Sorry, but I don't think that it cost Obama 50,000 dollars to have his dog transported there.

Can you provide a link?

Otherwise, be known for the conservative liar (who hates black men) that you are.

Yes, we all need to shut the fuck up or be called racists.

A CEO has a salary that he earns from his position in the company selling a product or a service. Obama is a public servant. Every extravagance is at our expense, at the same time he's screwing us with his furloughs an his tax increases. We are paying for his massive security demands and his special treatment for the most part against our will.

Obama is the President of the United States and as such, he has security requirements. Presidents, including this one, has been known to rail against the constraints of that security. I have never seen any President "demand" more security.

Earns it how, exactly? They don't sell anything.

I've been in the room with many CEOs..and aside from baffling everyone with bullshit, I don't really see what they do.

Perhaps you can explain it.

Start with Dick Fuld. Or you could explain how Jamie Dimon "lost" 9 Billion dollars and kept his job. Excuse me, jobs..he has a seat on the Fed.

Can you provide a link?

Yes, we all need to shut the fuck up or be called racists.

Not a racism thing really..more of a hypocrite thing.

Since this didn't really come up much from you guys when Bush took almost 400 days of vacation in an area that was much harder to secure than actual vacation spots. :eek:

HAHAHA. More spin from the loony libs. The big-eared ape shouldn't even be going on a vacation let alone giving his mutt plane rides at taxpayer expense. Obozo should be on the job trying to str810 out the mess he's made of america.

woof!

Didn't they arrange the V22 flight just for the dog? What else was on that aircraft?

basketballs :eusa_whistle:

obama-bo_2641195b.jpg

Forum List

Back