Your Favorite Things About Israel

Linor Abergil and Yafit Atias: The journey that gave birth to a modest fashion
Former Miss World and the most powerful woman in the Rami Levi network met at the grave of Rabbi Nachman of Bratslav and came back with the idea of a modest fashion enterprise: "Because I'm doing Tshuvah, I have to wear rags?"

The demand for modest clothing without the need for "conversion" is increasing. For many years, women dressed modestly had to purchase clothing items in the various stores and to fit them into shirts and base skirts, or tops, to suit the halakhah requirement. Over the years religious and ultra-Orthodox creations emerged and made humble shopping more logical.

The more secular women entered the depths of the ultra-Orthodox sector, the more they understood the demand and began to get closer, and the Shas was haredi women who were secular, who got up one day and discovered that they had nothing to wear, not as women say every morning in front of the ark - What to wear ... The super brand dresses that were used to walking with them, have long since become irrelevant shortened sleeves, necklines and more. Two stars in the style in question, have made the lack a great deal. Linor Abergil, former Miss Universe, and Yifit Atias, vice president of her father's company, Rami Levi, went to Uman to prostrate themselves on the grave of Rabbi Nachman of Bratslav and returned with a joint venture: LYA.

In an interview with Yedioth Ahronoth, they share a little about the way: "I assure you that no sane woman would have lasted more than one day in the summer, at 40 degrees Celsius, with a head covering and socks, if she had not believed it," says Abergil. From time to time my husband reminds me of my scenes with tears in front of the open cupboard, all of whose contents have already been spilled onto the floor. I could not accept the thought that my modest attire required me to give up style and chic. What, if I'm religious, does it mean I have to wear rags? "

Abergil, who had gotten used to picking her clothes freely from shelves , suddenly found herself sending everything to be repaired, to add a sleeve, to close a cleavage, and sometimes the garment would become the one that had lost its original pattern and would go crazy. "My husband laughed at me for going out to buy clothes and coming back with shoes, but it did not make me laugh, I felt I could lose my identity." Attias studied the clothing market in parallel with her BA and MBA studies at the Hebrew University. The first Shabbos she had with her husband was Shabbat Hatan, "and we continued to strengthen with every pregnancy and childbirth." She says.

About a year and a half ago, they met on a trip to Uman. They did not sit side by side, but during a three-hour bus ride, a conversation developed that led to their familarity. "When I hear the words it's impossible" I can not but get smoke from my ears, "Abergil said, and Atias replied," I'm like that too. " When she said she preferred to do instead of talking, Abergil admitted that this was the trait she had inherited from her mother. When they started to discuss the subject of clothing, they both felt that a woman's initiative would emerge from this visit.

Attias, who began wearing full cover seven years ago, managed to frighten her mother, who asked her to wait a little longer, so that she would not look older. "But I do not feel that my head covering made me grow old, I was more concerned that I did not find decent, beautiful clothes and had to wear a uniform: a black shirt and a denim skirt to the other side of the knee. This is what is called the grave of the tzaddik, and we asked him: 'Give us your blessing, we want to be modest and feminine.' "We prayed for it from the most innocent place." "Rabbi Nachman has a strong place in the life of both of us," adds Abergil.

When they returned to Israel they began working together. Abergil on design, Atias on a business plan. The result, after a year and a half of joint learning, disappointments, difficulties and faith-filled girls, they opened a shopping site for their modest fashion.

Source: BHOL Haredi News

RbL6iNr.jpg

1933467-46.jpg

Shavis Protest - Ynet

Last edited:

PHOTO: IDF soldiers stand proudly in front of the Western Wall (Shutterstock).
Who were rebuilding the wall. The basket-carriers were burdened, doing work with one hand while the other held a weapon
Nehemiah 4:11 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

ha-bo-NEEM ba-kho-MAH v’-ha-no-s’-EEM ba-SE-vel o-m’-SEEM b’-a-KHAT ya-DO
o-SEH va-m’-la-KHAH v’-a-KHAT ma-kha-ZE-ket ha-SHA-lakh

87c3f8ce-27ed-4d8d-8484-2ac2d24c24e3.png

Returning to the Judean Hills
Photo Credit: Abigail Dominitz

"Thus saith the Lord, Refrain thy voice from weeping...thy children shall return to their own border."
Jeremiah 31: 15-16

The Trump peace plan will not include a "Palestinian"... "State."

The Golan is back in the hands of it's rightful owners.

To the famous saying that “Haifa works, Jerusalem prays, and Tel Aviv plays,” I would add “Tel Aviv sits in a café and leisurely eats breakfast.” Hearty breakfasts on a sunny terrace, in a noisy café, or at the bar counter start in the early morning, last until lunch and, of course, are not limited to the weekends. I’ll tell you about the places where you can have breakfast like a true Tel Avivian.

ZenHotels Blog

image.png

Forum List

Back