Your favorite place to relax. Pics.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Could be a town, a vacation spot, a section of your home. Post a pic of one or all.

When not home, and would be again if I could:

1625297979310.png

Maui ^. Mile 14 on the way to Lahaina. Great snorkeling.

1625298422522.png

Montana De Oro. Spent many days here with my furkids exploring the tidepools.

Within walking distance of a dozen bars and restaurants downtown, folks lay out in the sun in front of the old Fort, between the marina and downtown. . .

". . . Some visitors may have seen another statue of Father Marquette in the central Upper Peninsula city of Marquette. Their memories may tell them that it was remarkably similar. On a trip to Washington DC a third statue of Marquette, this time in white marble, can be found in the US Capitol. All three were produced by the same artist, and their story is an interconnected one.. . . "

Looking back at the Fort. . .

MACK.jpg

Out onto the harbor and the straights from the Fort . . .

Boat_race_at_mackinaw_summer_2009.jpg

Oh how I loved walking downtown Lahaina in Maui. LOVED it. The people, the shops, the ocean, the balmy air. Goshdarn it..I miss it soooooo much. Couldn't do it now unless I had a walker and using one of those down there? Impossible due to how many tourists. But the art galleries? They always got me so motivated. Just the island itself made me feel alive.

Sometimes MrGracie went with me. Most of the time I went with my besty. She sent me this pic a few days ago. Was so glad to see it cuz all mine burned up in the Paradise fire.

1625301380224.png

Long days of shopping in the many wonderful shops...and me and my besty...

Some of these I had on my pc. Some..I didn't. So thankful she still had them.

Wish I could go back just one more time. Me and her. We had so much fun!

When I had breast cancer and before my mastectomy, I put all my polaroids on the wall above my pc, so I could stare at them...remembering the best times of my life. I think those pics and memories helped me beat the BC.

Last edited:
I didn't have this one either. Both of us sporting short hair. Luau at the Marriot 1995. Overall...I went to Maui about 25 times. Enough to where when I got to the car rental, they would holler "HEY YOU!!! How ya been?"

I didn't have this one either. Both of us sporting short hair. Luau at the Marriot 1995. Overall...I went to Maui about 25 times. Enough to where when I got to the car rental, they would holler "HEY YOU!!! How ya been?"

Great picture. Looks like you two had a lot of fun together. I always wished I had a friend like that.

Several years ago I had opportunity to travel to Spain to visit with a very dear friend of mine and while there, he took me to this really fabulous music hall to see a concert, and before the event began, he got us into the balcony so that I could take this picture of the beautiful architecture. Here is a resized and reprocessed copy of the photo for here. There was actually something in our way partially blocking our view so I had to do a bit of image reconstruction and restoration to compensate:

0001.jpg

Forum List

Back