Your Dream Car...

If you could own any car...price/availability being no object...what would it be?

Post or link to a picture if possible.
I'm itching for a new mid-engine Vette.

I'm not for some reason. Seems cool but doesn't speak to me. I'm 60m mi from Corvette plant, Museum, Track so I do get to see some eye candy!

I dunno. Mid engine? So many things come to mind. Right behind me? Sound? Heat? 2 trunks OK but bet still can't have a spare like my C5 can't either

But I do bet weight distribution makes a diff in handling. I take 35mph curves at 65 most the time and wind up in a drift. Course my runflat goodyears getting pretty worn.

Yeah I'd like to try one, price is awesome for what it is. Prolly just stick to my C5 anniversary Z06
Lol, I'm still cruising around in an early c4.

Much modified of course.

Did you know if you own a Corvette, you can go to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and take your vette out on their race track? They only let vette owners do it.

Yeah I'd like to try one, price is awesome for what it is. Prolly just stick to my C5 anniversary Z06

Much modified of course.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that. Awesome car, Had a 69 for about 30 hrs, Dad shut that down!

Ever read the best 2 books in the world? "all corvettes are red" and "no time to cry" Not big buck books but worth their cost many times over.

Red covers the C5 story, why they had to do a C5. I love C4 but good points. One is a C5 has over 1000 less parts than a C4. They knew a C4 would not pass the new 96 side impact test. Good read.

Not time to cry? Awesome William Cooksey Jr. No more to say cept read them both.

Did you know if you own a Corvette, you can go to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and take your vette out on their race track? They only let vette owners do it.

There is another track. You can rent or be involved. Once in Vettes for Vets, in Nov where we gove "Wounder Warriors" rides you can track till your tired of it!!!!! National Motorsports track. Pic

ncm-track-sw-1101x1024.jpg

If you could own any car...price/availability being no object...what would it be?

Many great choices, but ultimately, if only one car, it would have to be the original movie Batmobile retrofitted with a real 1,000 HP turbine jet engine and real machine guns in the wheel wells.

bs_800x600_batmobile.jpg

Last edited:
All the Corvette talk and on American Pickers just now they were looking at a sweet looking Corvette that has had it's body widened 12 inches, lowered, and given a special gold package. It was pretty sweet.

All the Corvette talk and on American Pickers just now they were looking at a sweet looking Corvette that has had it's body widened 12 inches, lowered, and given a special gold package. It was pretty sweet.

Didn't see that but prob want it. :)

Just loves vettes.

I was a Chev GM man, eventually went Ford with trucks but my love? Vettes. Always has been. Why wife got me one

I'm not for some reason. Seems cool but doesn't speak to me. I'm 60m mi from Corvette plant, Museum, Track so I do get to see some eye candy!

I dunno. Mid engine? So many things come to mind. Right behind me? Sound? Heat? 2 trunks OK but bet still can't have a spare like my C5 can't either

But I do bet weight distribution makes a diff in handling. I take 35mph curves at 65 most the time and wind up in a drift. Course my runflat goodyears getting pretty worn.

Much modified of course.

Had no idea. Never been to Kentucky.

Machinegunz yeah!!!!!!!

Permanently puts to rest people ever stealing your parking space, giving you the finger or cutting you off on the highway! ;)

View attachment 311134 View attachment 311135 View attachment 311136 View attachment 311137 View attachment 311138
Wow, this looks like a modern age Batmobile! It would be a blast driving it around the neighborhood.

There's a guy who has one with a real jet engine in it.

Here is one of the original movie versions. These things are huge chick magnets.

Somewhere there is a video of a guy with a pretty souped up version of one and the police give him permission to pull out of the parking lot and burn out down the street.

Much modified of course.

Nothing wrong with that. Awesome car, Had a 69 for about 30 hrs, Dad shut that down!

Ever read the best 2 books in the world? "all corvettes are red" and "no time to cry" Not big buck books but worth their cost many times over.

Red covers the C5 story, why they had to do a C5. I love C4 but good points. One is a C5 has over 1000 less parts than a C4. They knew a C4 would not pass the new 96 side impact test. Good read.

Not time to cry? Awesome William Cooksey Jr. No more to say cept read them both.[/QUOTE]
My old c4 came originally with that ridiculous crossfire injection and horsepower almost in the negatives.

Much modified of course.

Yep... the Corvette Museum is in Bowling Green, and it is the one where the floor fell through into a sink hole and ruined 8 Corvettes. The museum is close to a lot of caves, so it isn't surprising that it happened. a large portion of Kentucky is over limestone and caves. I'm pretty sure that is where the kids got stuck in a cave for awhile because of a flash flood.

140625-corvette-museum-sinkhole-02_ed9178506a1e2c284290dac7af03b7c2.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Much modified of course.

Yep... the Corvette Museum is in Bowling Green, and it is the one where the floor fell through into a sink hole and ruined 8 Corvettes. The museum is close to a lot of caves, so it isn't surprising that it happened. a large portion of Kentucky is over limestone and caves. I'm pretty sure that is where the kids got stuck in a cave for awhile because of a flash flood.

140625-corvette-museum-sinkhole-02_ed9178506a1e2c284290dac7af03b7c2.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg
I remember seeing the story on the news.

Forum List

Back