Your chili sucks

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
You WISH your chili was this god damn good!

chili-1.jpg

3 cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 can Hunts tomato sauce, or similar.
2 cans dark red kidney beans
1-2 lbs. ground beef (slightly browned before adding)
1 Tbsp (or more, as desired) diced fresh jalapenos
1 Tbsp (or more) diced onion
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 Tbsp cumin powder
1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
1/2 Tbsp sugar

Mix in crock pot, cook 3 hours on low, eat, cream in pants, go to bed.

Last edited:
:lol:

chili-1.jpg

1/2 Tbsp cumin powder
1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
1/2 Tbsp sugar

what no venison ? pffft

On a hot factor scale, where would you rank it?

It does sound good, I could sub veggie burger crumbles for the cow meat! I do make a mean vegetarian chili, but I may try your recipe!

On a hot factor scale, where would you rank it?

It does sound good, I could sub veggie burger crumbles for the cow meat! I do make a mean vegetarian chili, but I may try your recipe!

Hard to say, really. It's not hell's kitchen, but it's pretty hot. You get a nice little bite at first, but it's pretty bareable.

If you don't like a lot of bite, you could leave out the jalapenos. The ro-tel has enough kick on its own. I personally don't like chili unless you at least make that 'oh my god it's hot' face when you first taste it.

And dillo, I don't have any venison this year. I haven't hunted myself in quite some time, and the few contacts I had that would hook me up with some over the years, are out of my circle. They're "trouble" acquaintences from my past. I have to live with USDA certified.

chili-1.jpg

1/2 Tbsp cumin powder
1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
1/2 Tbsp sugar

Don't forget to buckle-up after dinner... :lol:

toilet-seat-belt.jpg

Hard to say, really. It's not hell's kitchen, but it's pretty hot. You get a nice little bite at first, but it's pretty bareable.

If you don't like a lot of bite, you could leave out the jalapenos. The ro-tel has enough kick on its own. I personally don't like chili unless you at least make that 'oh my god it's hot' face when you first taste it.

And dillo, I don't have any venison this year. I haven't hunted myself in quite some time, and the few contacts I had that would hook me up with some over the years, are out of my circle. They're "trouble" acquaintences from my past. I have to live with USDA certified.

Just giving ya a bad time since I got to hunt for the first time in years. Got two deer so it's a treat--I'll try your recipe but I can tell right now I'm leaving out the Jalapenos--I like mine a bit spicy but also liek to be able to taste it the whole way through dinner.:lol:

@ NOBama

Aww dude, it's SO worth it though.

The past couple days, I've had tacos one night, crock pot beef stew the next, and now chili.

The ol' stomach can consider it payback for times in the past when it's caused me grief for no reason.

@ Dillo

Trust me, that amount of jalapenos won't ruin it. It's a good little kick for the first minute or two, and then you forget it's even there.

Last edited:
Charming title to your thread.
marketing :D

BTW, how come no chili powder?

The cumin replaces it. I haven't found a chili powder I like enough, anyway. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Preferably something obscure and limited to a cult following. Those kinds of foods and related items are usually the best. Definitely no well known corporates, I've tried them all and hate them all.

The cumin replaces it. I haven't found a chili powder I like enough, anyway. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Preferably something obscure and limited to a cult following. Those kinds of foods and related items are usually the best. Definitely no well known corporates, I've tried them all and hate them all.

Chili is always welcome in my home. We like it with hot cooked white rice. And definitely lots of shredded cheddar cheese. Chilii powder works for us. But if you add cumin, doesn't it taste too much like curry?

Agreed---no self respecting Texan would use dried up chili powder in chili when you can use real chili peppers.

Chili is always welcome in my home. We like it with hot cooked white rice. And definitely lots of shredded cheddar cheese. Chilii powder works for us. But if you add cumin, doesn't it taste too much like curry?

GOD no!

I HATE curry, too. The mere smell of it makes me inevitably puke. I have an iron stomach, almost NOTHING makes me puke. But the smell of curry at work does the trick.

The cumin's taste is very faint with that little of an amount. You could put less, or even leave it out and it wouldn't change it much.

I'm an immigrant from Minnesota-----found out after I got here what real chili is. I have a great recipe for white chile I'll post some time. Navy beans , chicken and green chilis topped with sour cream.

That white chili sounds good. Please post recipe when you get a chance. That sour cream sounds good too.

I found a great chili recipe on the Sam Adams website (it's not there anymore). It had a bottle of beer, chocolate and coffee as some of the ingredients. It was the BEST chili I ever tasted. I will post it if I can find it.

I found a great chili recipe on the Sam Adams website (it's not there anymore). It had a bottle of beer, chocolate and coffee as some of the ingredients. It was the BEST chili I ever tasted. I will post it if I can find it.

Please do. As crazy as that sounds, I'd be interested in trying it.

It sounds like what I put in my morning coffee!

Forum List

Back