Your 5 "All Time Favorite Albums"

I love a lot of musicians, but Karen Carpenter was so wonderful... #1

^^^
^^^ I'm dedicating this one to the children in the orphanage who were lost in the Ukraine last month ^^^^​

Attachments

• 1648960007301.png
    1648960007301.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Carly Simon wrote one of the most beautiful songs ever written and sung, called "never been gone" *sigh*

Anticipation was so great, a company bought a part of the song to sell (was it catsup?) Not sure... "makin' me wait...."

And, the series of Ian Fleming's 007 movies had her performof one of her best songs ever...

In 1989, Carly got her Academy Award's Oscar for this one, & a golden globe, too.

And had enough of a conceited sweeetie?, Carly had an answer:

Last edited:
Continued, Carly Simon...

And she doesn't have time for the pain here:

"Loving you is the right thing to do."

\

Last edited:
A third favorite was this one that had my all-time fave, The Beatles Help!

Toward the end of this Album is their song, "I've Just Seen a Face." -- A great Karaoke song if you can keep up the tempo! It's way quick! I have to practice it 4 or 5 times if I choose to do this one, and it's over almost as soon as it's begun. lol! Practice makes perfect if you try this one, but it's great if you're shy. :auiqs.jpg:

Oh, yep, and Ringo did a song I really loved to sing... I laugh every time Ihear his "La Dee Da!"
And singing it at a Karaoke event, everybody loves it.

Last edited:
Patti LaBelle gave an entire generation of us girls to have a "New Attitude." and I love songs that make me laugh. this one definitely puts you in a new frame of mind! :mm:!

apparently Patti's "New Attitude" is available only on You Tube.

the url is: "https://youtube/QWfZ5SZZ4xE?list=TLPQMDMwNDIwMjI10BF8HN--wQ"

(You'll have to remove the quotation marks before and aft.)
Or better yet, just go to youtube and use their search engine for Patti Labelle's "New Attitude" :thup:

This definitely isn't as amazing as Patti Labelle's, but it gets better as it goes..

Last edited:
Mom took me to see the Carpenters in the early 70's and even at the age of 12, I really could appreciate her greatness. ( we went to other shows too....Beach Boys, Bee Gees, Santana, John Denver and a few others...)
Oh, my gosh, the Bee Gees will always have my heart and soul with their amazing music. I still can't decide with of 50 I like the best... they're just great1
Ok, I liked "Words" the best... at least for Karaoke...

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers produced more influential artists that almost any band I can think of.
I concur...

I'm thinking that during that time period there was lots of music being played for the sake of playing music... Adrenalin junkies ripping on their guitars... Not so much for the cash that would later influence some very talented musicians to what I think is their detriment... There was a whole shit load of talent, and they were finding their lanes on the R&R Highway...

The Bluesbreakers was the nest... A place for musicians to get their wings...

Forum List

Back