You want lower gas prices?

I stand corrected. Lest we forget, the first two oil crisis situations happened because of America's relationship with Israel during the "six day war" and it's aftermath. Nixon signed the democrat majority "highway emergency bill" into law the year he resigned (1974). The last energy crisis that really impacted gas prices happened during the Carter administration during the Iranian hostage crisis. Democrats still didn't get the hint and insisted that the US continue to rely on the Mid East for oil. Double nickle didn't work then and it especially won't work now. Why do lefties continue to go backwards?

They go backwards because leftists believe, including Obama, that 1917 represents the pinnacle of human achievement. The American left seeks to go "FORWARD" to 1917 Moscow.

LOL. When you are too fucking dumb to discuss the subject with even an iota of intellect, yell Commie! Who would want to censor you, asshole? You are the perfect posterchild for the intellectual level of the modern "Conservative".

We will soon enough have cheaper gasoline, when crude prices fall.
They'll fall... then they'll rise... then they'll fall...

I've seen too many boom-bust cycles in my lifetime to think otherwise.

We will soon enough have cheaper gasoline, when crude prices fall.
They'll fall... then they'll rise... then they'll fall...

I've seen too many boom-bust cycles in my lifetime to think otherwise.

Make commodities traders take delivery of their commodity.

If you want lower gas prices cut the number of state mandated blends that tie up refineries.

" " " " " " ..... cut the ethanol mandates back to a place where they can be met. And without raising the price of the world's food..

" " " " " ...... shift a portion of the gas taxes over to folks charging their EVs at home without paying ANY road taxes.

Plenty of stuff that could be done..

How do blends 'tie up' refineries? Refineries are 100% automated.

Another way to lower gas prices: Stop the idiotic sanctions on Iran, which artificially decreases our supply of oil and thus raises the price. Meanwhile, they have the opposite effect on competing countries that don't participate in the sanctions: China gets to buy Iranian oil at cheaper prices because the demand for it was artificially reduced by sanctions.

Another way to lower gas prices: Stop the idiotic sanctions on Iran, which artificially decreases our supply of oil and thus raises the price.

Not necessarily. Let Iran pump double what they are now, and they can choose to NOT pump it, thereby raising the price even higher, just so screw the rest of us. Myself, I recommend not being dependent on global oil prices, it is really the only way to pay less.

PhillyGuard said:
Meanwhile, they have the opposite effect on competing countries that don't participate in the sanctions: China gets to buy Iranian oil at cheaper prices because the demand for it was artificially reduced by sanctions.

Cool. Let them be more dependent on crude. We need higher prices so that we will be less dependent.

You want lower gas prices?

Rather than just getting out more band aids, how about we try needing less?

Its time we moved into the 21st century and anyway, except for the MUSLIN the rw's worship on fux, the less oil we need/use, the less power over us the middle east has.

Here is a really simple way to save gas. The next time you fill up use 1 ounce of finger nail polish remover(Acetone) to every 10 gallons of gas. To measure the acetone correctly just fill up a shot glass with it. Doing this is like adding and extra quarter tank of gas to each fill up. This really only works on vehicles from 1995 and newer. I've been doing this for years now, and have saved a small fortune.:razz:

bones.jpg

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR VULCAN MIND?!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Best-Cleaning-Supply-Acetone-gallon/dp/B0033HIWZM]Amazon.com: Acetone - 5 gallon pail: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Acetone costs 16 bucks a gallon on Amazon

Gasoline costs 3.79

You do the math.

Here is a really simple way to save gas. The next time you fill up use 1 ounce of finger nail polish remover(Acetone) to every 10 gallons of gas. To measure the acetone correctly just fill up a shot glass with it. Doing this is like adding and extra quarter tank of gas to each fill up. This really only works on vehicles from 1995 and newer. I've been doing this for years now, and have saved a small fortune.:razz:

bones.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Best-Cleaning-Supply-Acetone-gallon/dp/B0033HIWZM]Amazon.com: Acetone - 5 gallon pail: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Gasoline costs 3.79

You do the math.

Whoa Nellie. That's not a fair comparison. When you dip acetone you're using a thimblefull, not straight. No way. It's a catalyst, not a fuel. And you'd have to own a fleet to make use of a whole gallon.

For those that do want to experiment: make sure it's pure acetone (you can get that at a beauty shop like the Sally's Beauty Supply chain). Also acetone will eat paint like candy, so it has to be done very carefully, ideally mixed outside the tank in a proper container, etc. There's also a fuel additive product (by Lucas I believe) that has acetone as one of its ingredients.

I'm not going to wax eloquent on this-- I tried it once or twice. Did my gas mileage spike up? Oh yeah, from the 40s to over 50 mpg. Is that enough to base a conclusion? Of course not. I didn't keep doing it.

bones.jpg

Gasoline costs 3.79

You do the math.

Whoa Nellie. That's not a fair comparison. When you dip acetone you're using a thimblefull, not straight. No way. It's a catalyst, not a fuel. And you'd have to own a fleet to make use of a whole gallon.

For those that do want to experiment: make sure it's pure acetone (you can get that at a beauty shop like the Sally's Beauty Supply chain). Also acetone will eat paint like candy, so it has to be done very carefully, ideally mixed outside the tank in a proper container, etc. There's also a fuel additive product (by Lucas I believe) that has acetone as one of its ingredients.

I'm not going to wax eloquent on this-- I tried it once or twice. Did my gas mileage spike up? Oh yeah, from the 40s to over 50 mpg. Is that enough to base a conclusion? Of course not. I didn't keep doing it.

check out Gas Saver: 100% Acetone as a Fuel Additive - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Drill, drill, drill!!!

Then allow electric cars to be sold too

A free market with plenty of supply is the answer

Three problems with this facile junk food approach:

1- we the people don't drill and the government doesn't drill. Oil companies drill, and they work for their shareholders, not for their country. You can't force them to drill unless you nationalize them. And when they do drill, see #3.

2 - Electric cars are already allowed.

3 - "Free market" and "supply and demand" isn't so simple with oil. It's traded on an international market steered in part by a cartel (OPEC) and mitigated by speculation (see previous post from Onepercenter). As it is, more supply does not necessarily mean lower prices, nor is the reverse true.

Last edited:
Drill, drill, drill!!!

The free market is a well-financed fantasy. The only market forces are concentrations of power. OPEC is the reason we aren't paying 12 cents a gallon for gasoline, which is all it's worth. Our government-owning oil companies piggyback on the jihadis' price-gouging, so that determines our foreign policy. If we had patriots instead of plutocrats in charge, they would form a coalition of all the major powers and confiscate Musliim oil. That would not only bankrupt the jihad, it would also bring prosperity to the countries that deserve it. Enviros would be outraged at the increase in consumption that penny oil would cause, but that reveals what side they are really on despite their manufactured public image.

The free market is a well-financed fantasy. The only market forces are concentrations of power. OPEC is the reason we aren't paying 12 cents a gallon for gasoline, which is all it's worth. Our government-owning oil companies piggyback on the jihadis' price-gouging, so that determines our foreign policy. If we had patriots instead of plutocrats in charge, they would form a coalition of all the major powers and confiscate Musliim oil. That would not only bankrupt the jihad, it would also bring prosperity to the countries that deserve it. Enviros would be outraged at the increase in consumption that penny oil would cause, but that reveals what side they are really on despite their manufactured public image.

Are you planning to return to school, and give 3rd grade one more try?

Drill, drill, drill!!!

The free market is a well-financed fantasy. The only market forces are concentrations of power. OPEC is the reason we aren't paying 12 cents a gallon for gasoline, which is all it's worth.

Normally I don't get involved in financial arguments, but even I must say, this is one of the stupidest fucking things I've heard in awhile.

Forum List

Back