You want lower gas prices?

The simplest way would be to take the National Speed Limit back to 55 mph.

Might help some. It will certainly reduce demand.

But as we've seen often in the past reducing demand and increasing supply in the USA does not necessarily reduce prices.

Petroleum product pricing is set by world markets more than local ones.

I want cheaper groceries, yet 39 million acres of farmground are dedicated to growing ethanol-destined corn. And agriculture consistently exports hundreds of millions of tons of grains each year.

It was a simple solution like most of everything else during a simple (Carter) administration. Maybe it was Amy's idea. The US DOT later determined that the fuel savings was negligible,1% to .05%. Did you ever get behind a semi traveling at around 70 and it gets to a long upgrade. You get stuck behind it. Imagine every truck doing 55. You would be on the road twice as long and using more gas being stuck in traffic jams due to slow drivers. There would have to be more police presence (using more gas) taking away from more important duties.

It was a simple solution like most of everything else during a simple (Carter) administration. Maybe it was Amy's idea. The US DOT later determined that the fuel savings was negligible,1% to .05%. Did you ever get behind a semi traveling at around 70 and it gets to a long upgrade. You get stuck behind it. Imagine every truck doing 55. You would be on the road twice as long and using more gas being stuck in traffic jams due to slow drivers. There would have to be more police presence (using more gas) taking away from more important duties.

That would have been Nixon's idea, not Carter's.

Lower gas prices aren't something I can make happen myself. Paying LESS for gasoline is something I can. I pay far less for gas now than I did just a year or two ago, regardless of price.

leaf-volt.jpg

Here is a really simple way to save gas. The next time you fill up use 1 ounce of finger nail polish remover(Acetone) to every 10 gallons of gas. To measure the acetone correctly just fill up a shot glass with it. Doing this is like adding and extra quarter tank of gas to each fill up. This really only works on vehicles from 1995 and newer. I've been doing this for years now, and have saved a small fortune.:razz:

Here is a really simple way to save gas. The next time you fill up use 1 ounce of finger nail polish remover(Acetone) to every 10 gallons of gas. To measure the acetone correctly just fill up a shot glass with it. Doing this is like adding and extra quarter tank of gas to each fill up. This really only works on vehicles from 1995 and newer. I've been doing this for years now, and have saved a small fortune.:razz:

bones.jpg

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR VULCAN MIND?!

You want lower gas prices? ''

Choke the Wall Street manipulators and Obama's alternative fuel advocates.

That would have been Nixon's idea, not Carter's.

I stand corrected. Lest we forget, the first two oil crisis situations happened because of America's relationship with Israel during the "six day war" and it's aftermath. Nixon signed the democrat majority "highway emergency bill" into law the year he resigned (1974). The last energy crisis that really impacted gas prices happened during the Carter administration during the Iranian hostage crisis. Democrats still didn't get the hint and insisted that the US continue to rely on the Mid East for oil. Double nickle didn't work then and it especially won't work now. Why do lefties continue to go backwards?

If you want lower gas prices make commodities traders take delivery of their commodity.

FYI: We've never had an oil crisis, we've had engineered profiteering.

If you want lower gas prices cut the number of state mandated blends that tie up refineries.

" " " " " " ..... cut the ethanol mandates back to a place where they can be met. And without raising the price of the world's food..

" " " " " ...... shift a portion of the gas taxes over to folks charging their EVs at home without paying ANY road taxes.

Plenty of stuff that could be done..

I
" " " " " ...... shift a portion of the gas taxes over to folks charging their EVs at home without paying ANY road taxes.

Plenty of stuff that could be done..

No! One of the great beauties of EVs is the idiot politicians incentivizing our EVs and that includes not requiring us to pay road taxes built into our fuel costs!! Let the monster truck morons and econo box fools sending their money to foreign powers bear the cost of their folly, leave us EV drivers who are just doing as requested of us (saving the world!) be!

Are you brain dead?

Modern vehicles are at the point where they operate most efficiently at high rpm, so speed has little effect on their fuel consumption. :eusa_whistle:

I stand corrected. Lest we forget, the first two oil crisis situations happened because of America's relationship with Israel during the "six day war" and it's aftermath. Nixon signed the democrat majority "highway emergency bill" into law the year he resigned (1974). The last energy crisis that really impacted gas prices happened during the Carter administration during the Iranian hostage crisis. Democrats still didn't get the hint and insisted that the US continue to rely on the Mid East for oil. Double nickle didn't work then and it especially won't work now. Why do lefties continue to go backwards?

They go backwards because leftists believe, including Obama, that 1917 represents the pinnacle of human achievement. The American left seeks to go "FORWARD" to 1917 Moscow.

Forum List

Back