You Taught The GOP A Lesson: You Want Higher Taxes So They Will Grant Your Wish

Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

How does it feel to teach those Republicans a lesson?

Noted. I just dropped a muddy buddy in my diaper (thinking about my taxes going up by $2,000).

(help)

Of course obama is pulling the wool over his sheep's eyes, they say, yeah tax them rich people..Like that will DO ANYTHING to tackle the problems he has now HELP CREATE

The top 10% have 90% of the wealth. I find it hard to believe that raising taxes on them won't solve our problems.

When the rich paid their fair share, we had balanced budgets.

:badgrin:Well the left has forgot what a budget even is. At least for the past 4 years they have. And for the next 4 years they will even forget how to spell it.

Probably because no matter how many times you repeat that used diaper full of regurgitated Indian food, it isn't true.

Why should anyone care what you say? Nobody regurgitates more shit than you. All you've got are dreams of a world that can't possibly exist, given human nature. At least I've got history on my side. What have you got besides trying to foist another "ism" on the the world? Had enough, thanks.

:lmao:

We're laughing at you, not with you. When have you ever come up with any viable solutions? Merely wishing everybody thought your way, isn't one of them. :cool:

Why should anyone care what you say? Nobody regurgitates more shit than you. All you've got are dreams of a world that can't possibly exist, given human nature. At least I've got history on my side. What have you got besides trying to foist another "ism" on the the world? Had enough, thanks.

:lmao:

We're laughing at you, not with you. When have you ever come up with any viable solutions? Merely wishing everybody thought your way, isn't one of them. :cool:

Ism? As in Cavilous Curmudgeonism?

:tongue:
Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

Why don't you grow up and stop whining like a two year old? Adults, mature persons learn from their mistakes. You lost, get over it and try to figure why.

Hint: you and your kind - yep, that good old echo chamber - lack empathy, curiosity and introspection; are extremely ethnocentric; and, are unwilling (or unable) to critically exam your own beliefs as well as the beliefs of others.

Consider if you can baseball. In most cases the team which makes the fewest mistakes usually wins. First, ask yourself what mistakes the GOP has made - that's what good coaches and mature adults do.
:eusa_drool:Well looks like your coach Ubama hasn't the balls (and i don't mean baseballs) to even lead his followers. You better get one that knows what hes doing before the end of the game.

I don't know.. I think society is sick when a moron in the wh continues AFTER the election to conduct class warfare. It's just sick to sic the leeches who pay zero FEDERAL taxes onto those who already pay way more than their fair share. the quicker we reach the bottom the better.

Imagine if Reagan and Bush had not given us lower taxes and two wars, and America had just gone along as usual, paying its taxes, and tending to the usual problems of government.
What those tax cuts have cost America, the turmoil, the crisis, the gridlock, the cliff, the trying to keep the economy afloat, and all to give the wealthy a few more bucks. For now, let's pay the piper, get the country back on an even keel and not fall for the trickle down, supply side, and other tax gimmicks the Republicans dream up. When the Republican hucksters return with their dog and pony tax show, and they will, let's not be taken in again. We could destroy America.

The top 10% have 90% of the wealth. I find it hard to believe that raising taxes on them won't solve our problems.

When the rich paid their fair share, we had balanced budgets.

lol, you should tell all your RICH Democrats you vote for to DONATE all their millions to help the the country..Instead you want to stick it the people in it

typical Democrat

I want all the wealthy to pay their fair share, thanks. Because the country works better when they do.

that will fund exactly 8 1/2 days of big government spending,, then what's yer plan? ya got one?

Imagine if Reagan and Bush had not given us lower taxes and two wars, and America had just gone along as usual, paying its taxes, and tending to the usual problems of government.
What those tax cuts have cost America, the turmoil, the crisis, the gridlock, the cliff, the trying to keep the economy afloat, and all to give the wealthy a few more bucks. For now, let's pay the piper, get the country back on an even keel and not fall for the trickle down, supply side, and other tax gimmicks the Republicans dream up. When the Republican hucksters return with their dog and pony tax show, and they will, let's not be taken in again. We could destroy America.

You are talking out your ass, if you really believed what you're saying you would believe that ALL Americans should be taxed and at the same rate. You cannot run a country that leaves 50% of their citizens off the FEDERAL tax hook/// ya end up with too many takers, and not enough makers. but good luck to ya on your endeavors.

Why don't you grow up and stop whining like a two year old? Adults, mature persons learn from their mistakes. You lost, get over it and try to figure why.

Hint: you and your kind - yep, that good old echo chamber - lack empathy, curiosity and introspection; are extremely ethnocentric; and, are unwilling (or unable) to critically exam your own beliefs as well as the beliefs of others.

Consider if you can baseball. In most cases the team which makes the fewest mistakes usually wins. First, ask yourself what mistakes the GOP has made - that's what good coaches and mature adults do.

This is well worth repeating. The echo chamber remains the same, unable to learn from experience they continue the same silly rhetoric which cost them the election. The American voters rejected the Starve the Beast ideology of Grover Norquist and yet even the leadership of the GOP in Congress seems unable to get the message.

This is well worth repeating. The echo chamber remains the same, unable to learn from experience they continue the same silly rhetoric which cost them the election. The American voters rejected the Starve the Beast ideology of Grover Norquist and yet even the leadership of the GOP in Congress seems unable to get the message.

You are correct, you don't have a damn thing to teach us that is worth learning. We got that.

How does it work? The power of perception. If we're working towards solving the problem, people feel better and spend more, creating more jobs, putting less demand on social services and generating more in tax revenue to further lower the deficit. Why do supposed free market conservatives have to be reminded of this on a daily basis? :eusa_eh:

The only perception I get is of progressives envy of people with more than them, and proposing solutions that dont fix the problem.

Bullshit (or maybe only willful ignorance) and little more than a talking point. The counterpoint from the left might be that the very wealthy feel entitled to their wealth and consider the poor or less fortunate to be morally weak and deserve no better.

It's as I posted above, a lack of empathy, a lack of curiosity and a failure to critically exam themselves and the ideology they hold sacrosanct which plagues the GOP and the conservative movement. Well, that and avarice.

Call it what you want. The end result is that when progressives call for taxes, its always on someone else. I can feel the envy dripping from them when they clamor for more money that isnt theirs.

If you really think the GOP is going to be stupid enough to raise taxes on the middle class because the rich will be finally paying their fair share, you're delusional.

The top 10% of earners pay 70% of the taxes, Joe.

Can you define 'fair share'?

Yeah, letting people keep more of their money is terrible for all concerned.

All this time, the last 10 years, we've been missing out.

We all could'a been rich by now.

If you really think the GOP is going to be stupid enough to raise taxes on the middle class because the rich will be finally paying their fair share, you're delusional.

Fair Share = 100%

lol, you should tell all your RICH Democrats you vote for to DONATE all their millions to help the the country..Instead you want to stick it the people in it

typical Democrat

I want all the wealthy to pay their fair share, thanks. Because the country works better when they do.

that will fund exactly 8 1/2 days of big government spending,, then what's yer plan? ya got one?
@Willow Tree:

According to estimates the wealth of america is $44T. (google it if you like) If, as people argue, that the top 2% own 80% of the wealth that would equate to approx $35.2T. at $3T a year, that would actually fund the government for nearly 10 years, or pay off of the full debt and then fund the government for another 5 years are current spending level. so your argument isnt exactly accurate.

The 47% that don't pay any federal income taxes is actually due to the GOP policies of lowering tax rates and increasing deductions in the past. these are also the same people who on average take home less than $50k annually while supporting a family of 4.

people seem to rail on the 47% that dont pay federal income taxes, when by law they dont make enough to get out from underneath the standard deduction. this is a fools argument, i fail to see how taxing those who already struggle to make ends meet is the solution?

the final solution is an all of the above solution which is what Obama has proposed. simply look back at the debt ceiling debate. Obama put entitlement on the table as part of the grand bargain, however since for every $3 in spending cuts, the deal included $1 in new taxes Boehner caved to the TP and backed out of the deal. This is what caused them to create the gang of 6. when they couldnt agree the automatic spending cuts fail safe came into play. why is this set of facts forgotten by the GOP/TP/Conservatives all the time?

Its not something you should brag about

It merely reflects the obscene percentage of income that they have. I am sure they are envious of those who pay less

fair share would equate to the percentage of my income that i pay to taxes. why should someone who makes millions per year pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than someone who make less than $100k? those making less than $100k put the majority of their income back into the economy which stimulates it and creates growth and job opportunities. the same can not be said for the top 2%.

rebuttal?

@Willow Tree:

According to estimates the wealth of america is $44T. (google it if you like) If, as people argue, that the top 2% own 80% of the wealth that would equate to approx $35.2T. at $3T a year, that would actually fund the government for nearly 10 years, or pay off of the full debt and then fund the government for another 5 years are current spending level. so your argument isnt exactly accurate.

The 47% that don't pay any federal income taxes is actually due to the GOP policies of lowering tax rates and increasing deductions in the past. these are also the same people who on average take home less than $50k annually while supporting a family of 4.

people seem to rail on the 47% that dont pay federal income taxes, when by law they dont make enough to get out from underneath the standard deduction. this is a fools argument, i fail to see how taxing those who already struggle to make ends meet is the solution?

the final solution is an all of the above solution which is what Obama has proposed. simply look back at the debt ceiling debate. Obama put entitlement on the table as part of the grand bargain, however since for every $3 in spending cuts, the deal included $1 in new taxes Boehner caved to the TP and backed out of the deal. This is what caused them to create the gang of 6. when they couldnt agree the automatic spending cuts fail safe came into play. why is this set of facts forgotten by the GOP/TP/Conservatives all the time?

How much of that wealth is liquid? And for the non liquid wealth, if you confiscate all of the wealth from the top 2% who will be around to buy it so you COULD liquidate it?

Forum List

Back