You Have To Wonder What The Anti Abortion Crowd Is Thinking

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
In the past century the earth's human population has nearly quadrupled, growing from 1.7 billion in 1900 to about 7 billion today. By 2050, it is estimated that the global population will reach 10 billion. In 1968, a young biologist named Paul Ehrlich wrote a best-selling book called The Population Bomb, which sparked an ongoing debate about the dangers of overpopulation. He argued that population growth was destroying the ecological systems necessary to sustain life.

Last edited:
I have no issues with anyone who is against abortion. I am pro-Choice, though.

I am pro-life, but I have no issue with those who are pro-choice. Incredible how intelligent people on either side can see the other's view, without having to agree on every damned thing, huh?

To the OP, I would say that it's not abortion or the lack of it that causes overpopulation. It is the choices that individuals make to breed more children without the financial or familial structure and support to raise them without expecting strangers to pay for them.

In the past century the earth's human population has nearly quadrupled, growing from 1.7 billion in 1900 to about 7 billion today. By 2050, it is estimated that the global population will reach 10 billion. In 1968, a young biologist named Paul Ehrlich wrote a best-selling book called The Population Bomb, which sparked an ongoing debate about the dangers of overpopulation. He argued that population growth was destroying the ecological systems necessary to sustain life.

Guess it's not working ... Better start getting rid of the elderly too. 60 years is a nice long life.

I'm pro-choice, the OP is an idiot.

Population control?

Has anyone ever heard a testimonial from a woman who's had an abortion who said she did it to make sure the population didn't grow out of control?

I am pro-life, but I have no issue with those who are pro-choice. Incredible how intelligent people on either side can see the other's view, without having to agree on every damned thing, huh?

To the OP, I would say that it's not abortion or the lack of it that causes overpopulation. It is the choices that individuals make to breed more children without the financial or familial structure and support to raise them without expecting strangers to pay for them.

HBO is running a program right now about an abortion clinic located directly across the street from a "Pregnancy Care Center." Do you think that's a coincidence? The Pregnancy Care Center gets calls from women who are expecting to hear a voice on the other end who will schedule an abortion. What they do is rig the show so they can put out a bunch of false information like complications, lots of blood, higher cancer risk, will never be able to have another child etc. all the time continuing to pretend that it's pre abortion information that they are conveying. When the woman or girl finally gets down to saying they still want the abortion they are told, "We Do Not Do Abortions Here." Then when they end up across the street at the clinic to get their abortion they find out the truth. The truth being that the Care Center is a bunch of bible thumpers who are sticking their noses into the business of others. The abortion clinic has to send someone to a Walmart parking lot to meet the physician who is about to perform the abortion and when they get back to the garage at the clinic they drape a sheet over the doctor to hide his identity. Frequently some pro lifer actually murders a doctor who performs abortions. How warped can one get? The protestors are constantly patroling and walking back and forth on the sidewalk directly in front of the abortion clinic singing hymms, playing with their rosaries, praying aloud and in unison. What a bunch of busybody bible thumpers who are sticking their noses into something that is not one iota of their business.

Religious people want to make a woman give birth to an unwanted child so that when it grows up warped and commits rape or murder they can sentence it to death. What a bunch of hare brained, confused people.

Last edited:

HBO is running a program right now about an abortion clinic located directly across the street from a "Pregnancy Care Center." Do you think that's a coincidence? The Pregnancy Care Center gets calls from women who are expecting to hear a voice on the other end who will schedule an abortion. What they do is rig the show so they can put out a bunch of false information like complications, lots of blood, higher cancer risk, will never be able to have another child etc. all the time continuing to pretend that it's pre abortion information that they are conveying. When the woman or girl finally gets down to saying they still want the abortion they are told, "We Do Not Do Abortions Here." Then when they end up across the street at the clinic to get their abortion they find out the truth. The truth being that the Care Center is a bunch of bible thumpers who are sticking their noses into the business of others. The abortion clinic has to send someone to a Walmart parking lot to meet the physician who is about to perform the abortion and when they get back to the garage at the clinic they drape a sheet over the doctor to hide his identity. Frequently some pro lifer actually murders a doctor who performs abortions. How warped can one get? The protestors are constantly patroling and walking back and forth on the sidewalk directly in front of the abortion clinic singing hymms, playing with their rosaries, praying aloud and in unison. What a bunch of busybody bible thumpers who are sticking their noses into something that is not one iota of their business.

Religious people want to make a woman give birth to an unwanted child so that when it grows up warped and commits rape or murder they can sentence it to death. What a bunch of hare brained, confused people.

No, religious people would prefer that women think before getting themselves knocked up.

Twit.

I am pro choice, and don't have a problem with those who are pro life. No one should ever be forced to have an abortion. To those people who are pro choice I say to you, " the pro lifers are good people who have a right to voice their opinion, and live life the way they see fit to live it."

can pro lifers say the same of pro choicer's? sadly the answer is "no". In a free country pro lifers want to dictate how others live their lives.

can pro lifers say the same of pro choicer's? sadly the answer is "no". In a free country pro lifers want to dictate how others live their lives.

This is an unfair statement on many levels. For one, I happen to be a pro-life supporter (in so much as I think that it is killing a human being in the earliest stages of human development and I support women not getting abortions, especially for reasons other than rape, incest, or the life of the mother) who also feels that making all abortions illegal is not the right way to "win" the debate, so to speak. So therefore, I AM a pro-lifer who "respects" the rights of people to make a different choice.

That being said...the notion that the pro-life side is unfair because it doesn't allow pro-choicers to make a different choice than they would make is inappropriate in this particular debate.

I am against rape. I think it is wrong. I don't think it should be legal. I don't think anyone should ever be able to rape another person.

Am I a close-minded person because in a "free country" I should respect people who feel differently about rape?

Of course not, because in our society, we all agree that raping someone is wrong.

Well...in the abortion debate...pro-life supporters view an abortion as murder...so to them..your argument...that they can be against murder...but if you choose to murder then they should respect your choice...is ridiculous.

Now, obviously...you disagree with them that abortion is murder. And thats one reason this debate is so never-ending. But to state that they are close-minded because they won't let you kill your child is unfair because it, some could say close-mindedly, ignores the fact that they believe what you are doing is murder.

You would not let someone rape another human being, I hope, because you feel that it is wrong. Would your opinion change if you moved to a place where the culture allowed men to rape women at their will? I would hope not...although your fight against it would probably be very challenging since so many would disagree with you. It is similar for an ardent pro-lifer...they feel that you are murdering a human being...just because you disagree doesn't mean they suddenly think you're right.

So it's okay to kill people if the population is over a certain number.

Got it.

"We believe that the fundamental cause of genocide lies in the sometimes fierce competition of natural resources. There might be underlying reasons of population explosion, sudden technical advancements which allows societies unparalled medical and military progress, or perhaps a rapid change in climate. The process of building contempt of which the genocide is the climax can take years or even centuries but the result itself is inevitable: two organic bodies of humans, nations or societies, with conflicting interests within approximately the same geographic location compete for the same ecological niche and due to ever increasing scarsity of cultivable land, which excludes the possibilities of involuntary or voluntary migrations, extreme measures may be taken to maximize the positive outlooks of the organic body.
In this effect, genocide equals to bombing cities, factories and harbors - its purpose is to eradicate the infrastructure, thus the basic (industrial) premises that give the everyday living. No other move will guarantee that the hostilities would stop, because if given enough time and resources, the attempt to wipe out entire blood lines may get avenged, thus effectively erasing all the initial efforts to secure the continuation of the organic body."

genocide.org: genocide, holocaust and democide studies

This is an unfair statement on many levels. For one, I happen to be a pro-life supporter (in so much as I think that it is killing a human being in the earliest stages of human development and I support women not getting abortions, especially for reasons other than rape, incest, or the life of the mother) who also feels that making all abortions illegal is not the right way to "win" the debate, so to speak. So therefore, I AM a pro-lifer who "respects" the rights of people to make a different choice.

That being said...the notion that the pro-life side is unfair because it doesn't allow pro-choicers to make a different choice than they would make is inappropriate in this particular debate.

I am against rape. I think it is wrong. I don't think it should be legal. I don't think anyone should ever be able to rape another person.

Am I a close-minded person because in a "free country" I should respect people who feel differently about rape?

Of course not, because in our society, we all agree that raping someone is wrong.

Well...in the abortion debate...pro-life supporters view an abortion as murder...so to them..your argument...that they can be against murder...but if you choose to murder then they should respect your choice...is ridiculous.

Now, obviously...you disagree with them that abortion is murder. And thats one reason this debate is so never-ending. But to state that they are close-minded because they won't let you kill your child is unfair because it, some could say close-mindedly, ignores the fact that they believe what you are doing is murder.

You would not let someone rape another human being, I hope, because you feel that it is wrong. Would your opinion change if you moved to a place where the culture allowed men to rape women at their will? I would hope not...although your fight against it would probably be very challenging since so many would disagree with you. It is similar for an ardent pro-lifer...they feel that you are murdering a human being...just because you disagree doesn't mean they suddenly think you're right.

IMO, in a perfect world Prolifers teach their children not to have abortions and go on with their lives living them they way they see fit. What they don't do is try to force their way of life onto others who have differing opinions.

In your way of thinking it is unfair for me to say Prolifers are closed minded because I rail against them imposing their will upon my life style. did I get that right? I should just sit back and do as I'm told by someone who thinks I am morally deficient? I think not.

I am pro choice, and don't have a problem with those who are pro life. No one should ever be forced to have an abortion. To those people who are pro choice I say to you, " the pro lifers are good people who have a right to voice their opinion, and live life the way they see fit to live it."

Actually, I would agree with Gem and I would have to say that your last sentence is incorrect. I am pro-life. However, I am almost 100% certain that making abortion illegal will not reduce the number of abortions by any kind of significant numbers. Overturning Roe and returning the decision to the states would not do the trick either. If pro-lifers want to reduce the number of abortions, they will have to work to change the hearts of the people rather than trying to get the courts to dictate morality.

In an ideal world we would have a grand total of zero abortions annually. We don't live in an ideal world.

As for those who are "pro-choice", I have come to realize that the vast majority of them are like me. They would like to see the total number of abortions plummet. They believe that it is not the place of the government to interfere in the moral decision regarding the life of the fetus. "Pro-choice" people are good people who don't want the government involved in this issue at all. That doesn't mean they like abortion.

If we the people could get the political parties out of this issue we might actually come to some kind of decision that would reduce the number of abortions and protect women's rights as well.

Immie

So it's okay to kill people if the population is over a certain number.

Got it.

"We believe that the fundamental cause of genocide lies in the sometimes fierce competition of natural resources. There might be underlying reasons of population explosion, sudden technical advancements which allows societies unparalled medical and military progress, or perhaps a rapid change in climate. The process of building contempt of which the genocide is the climax can take years or even centuries but the result itself is inevitable: two organic bodies of humans, nations or societies, with conflicting interests within approximately the same geographic location compete for the same ecological niche and due to ever increasing scarsity of cultivable land, which excludes the possibilities of involuntary or voluntary migrations, extreme measures may be taken to maximize the positive outlooks of the organic body.
In this effect, genocide equals to bombing cities, factories and harbors - its purpose is to eradicate the infrastructure, thus the basic (industrial) premises that give the everyday living. No other move will guarantee that the hostilities would stop, because if given enough time and resources, the attempt to wipe out entire blood lines may get avenged, thus effectively erasing all the initial efforts to secure the continuation of the organic body."

genocide.org: genocide, holocaust and democide studies

LOL!! Right wing bible thumpers believe a life is lost every time a young man jacks off. I think that occurs about 10 billion times a month.

Last edited:
Left wing baby killers think everybody is as stupid as they are...

And think that jeering and diversionary tactics are the way to take the focus off the truth.

Left wing baby killers think everybody is as stupid as they are...

And think that jeering and diversionary tactics are the way to take the focus off the truth.

Right wing bible thumpers believe there's an invisible man in the sky and that he directs their everyday activities LMAO!!

Actually, I would agree with Gem and I would have to say that your last sentence is incorrect. I am pro-life. However, I am almost 100% certain that making abortion illegal will not reduce the number of abortions by any kind of significant numbers. Overturning Roe and returning the decision to the states would not do the trick either. If pro-lifers want to reduce the number of abortions, they will have to work to change the hearts of the people rather than trying to get the courts to dictate morality.

In an ideal world we would have a grand total of zero abortions annually. We don't live in an ideal world.

As for those who are "pro-choice", I have come to realize that the vast majority of them are like me. They would like to see the total number of abortions plummet. They believe that it is not the place of the government to interfere in the moral decision regarding the life of the fetus. "Pro-choice" people are good people who don't want the government involved in this issue at all. That doesn't mean they like abortion.

If we the people could get the political parties out of this issue we might actually come to some kind of decision that would reduce the number of abortions and protect women's rights as well.

Immie

I've never herd it put that way before, and you have made me think of the Pro-Lifer's diferently. Thank you.

I never considered that a pro-lifer would also side with me in not allowing the government to decide this issue. I don't like abortion, but I really don't like the government in my life more. I always thought that the Pro-life movement was trying to use the government to enforce their particular morality.

It's the other way around. The pro-abortion side uses the government to fund the murder of children and exploitation of women.

It's the other way around. The pro-abortion side uses the government to fund the murder of children and exploitation of women.

Since when is a wad of blood and tissue a child?

That's major bullshit. Where did you hear that FAUX NEWS??

Immie

I've never herd it put that way before, and you have made me think of the Pro-Lifer's diferently. Thank you.

I never considered that a pro-lifer would also side with me in not allowing the government to decide this issue. I don't like abortion, but I really don't like the government in my life more. I always thought that the Pro-life movement was trying to use the government to enforce their particular morality.

I suppose that there are certain members of the pro-life movement that are exactly what you have always thought. Just as there are liberals who fit the bill to what many of us conservatives think of when we talk about the left being socialists. But, really, when you get down to the nuts and bolts of things regarding abortions, most of us only want to see the numbers reduced (wishfully thinking to zero).

Pro-lifers are not "anti-woman". We don't want women to go through unwanted pregnancies anymore than you do. What we believe is that the fetus is a human life that deserves protection to the best of our abilities. We simply want to see as many lives saved as possible.

Quite frankly, the only thing I think we should be focusing on in this discussion is how to reduce the number of abortions because that is really what most of us want.

Oh and for the record, I was once one of those "evil" pro-lifers that thought we had to overturn Roe and force you "pro-abortion" people (that was how I saw you all back then) to see things our way come hell or high water. After much discussion, I realized that the people I was arguing with really believed a lot of what I do but were more Libertarian than I was in this regard and that our arguments were defeating the purpose. I realized that my "enemy" was not my neighbor who thought the government should stay out of our bedrooms but rather the political parties that were using this issue to divide and conquer.

Immie

Here is an idea...you don't ask for an abortion, and they won't give you one. No money spent. Verses, I want one, but am not allowed to recieve one. Good thing I'm wealthy enough to go out of country to get one done. Only the poor will be barred from getting an abortion how much sense does that make.

You really should think about the life of the child in a home where the parents didn't want the child in the first place and are forced to raise it anyway. Think about it's life, cradle to grave, having teen parents will make the childs situation even worse. Think about it financially as a cost to society. The chances for good to come out of that situation are very slim imo.

Forum List

Back