You go Girl! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Plans Bill to Boost Top Individual Tax Rate to 59%

Brilliant idea! Let's nearly double the tax rate on the same people we're expecting to create jobs, invest in R&D, donate to charities, keep large amounts of money in long-term investments, and provide good employee benefits.

We must protect our super wealthy. Look at all the good they have done since we adopted supply side economics.......sent jobs overseas, cut retirement and healthcare benefits, froze wages

All while keeping the money for themselves

Actually it's the unions and American consumers responsible for that, not the wealthy.
So you claim it was unions that cut wages and benefits and insisted that jobs go overseas

No, I'm claiming their demands priced us out of the world market. When Americans have a choice between two similar products, they always choose the cheapest one, even if it means quality has to suffer. As wages increased, so did the price of goods the company sold.
They were demanding wages and benefits that enabled workers to raise families, healthcare and someday retire.
They fought to maintain a standard of living not to get wealthy

It was the executives who saw massive increases in compensation, not union workers

Bloomberg ^ | November 15, 2019

No excerpt from Bloomberg allowed, story here. She wants a 59% top income tax rate and to tax unrealized capital gains yearly, including real estate and business holdings.

REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT SO YOU CAN GO BROKE AND HAVE TO GIVE YOUR HOUSE TO AN ILLEGAL INVADER, OR MUSLIM TERRORIST!

That bitch knows what she is doing
Long overdue

Also tax Capital Gains at the same rate as personal income

The fact that you’ve never earned enough to make an investment disqualifies you from the equation, stick to instigating who gets in line first for WIC services...

I’ve earned enough to buy two houses and retire early.
I’ve lived long enough to see the standard of living for working Americans diminish as corporate executives grow wealthy

We should question the motives of employers that don't pay a living wage.

What motive do you think they have for crying out loud???

Greed.

Or how about that's all they can afford to pay? Why do you think every single businesses is making hand over fist money?

Apparently, in some minds, every business is wildly successful and an endless source of money.

If the business is still operating they are.

And the fact that you believe that is an endless source of amusement.

One prime example that destroys you: Circuit City

They will never have enough money even if they confiscated every penny in The US Economy to run their crack pot programs.
Every other modern country manages it. So you people are brain-washed functional cowards.....

Yep, that's us. We are brain-washed functional cowards who happen to be very successful, unlike most Democrats. Strange how that works out.
Actually there is no difference between the wealth of Republicans and Democrats even including blacks and minorities who you assholes discriminate against. so could you perhaps try moving on to the fact that you are wrong about everything?
Budget and the Bees - Buzz-worthy life tips for busy bees › ...
Who is Richer? Democrats or Republicans? The Answer Probably ...

The ultra-wealthy help balance out the numbers. Succesful working upper class Americans vote more Republican. Hollywood and the ultra-welahty vote Democrat. The super poor, who don't work and want more "free" stuff vote Democrat. The 50% of people who don't pay income tax would vote Democrat in heart beat, which is why Democratic politicians so desperately more dependency.

You are a dupe. You fall for their non-sense and "free" talk. They LOVE ignorant, gullible folks like you.
Read my link. Everything you know is wrong. Yes you idiots do better than blacks and Hispanics who are overwhelmingly Democrats. Congratulations. But everyone else who are Democrats do just as well or better. Give it up you damn racist idiot.

I never mentioned race, you did. I always know I have won when you lame brains throw out the racism arguement.

No excerpt from Bloomberg allowed, story here. She wants a 59% top income tax rate and to tax unrealized capital gains yearly, including real estate and business holdings.

REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT SO YOU CAN GO BROKE AND HAVE TO GIVE YOUR HOUSE TO AN ILLEGAL INVADER, OR MUSLIM TERRORIST!

Long overdue

The fact that you’ve never earned enough to make an investment disqualifies you from the equation, stick to instigating who gets in line first for WIC services...

I’ve lived long enough to see the standard of living for working Americans diminish as corporate executives grow wealthy

Yee, Wrongwinger is wrong again!

Middle-class Americans made more money last year than ever before

Brilliant idea! Let's nearly double the tax rate on the same people we're expecting to create jobs, invest in R&D, donate to charities, keep large amounts of money in long-term investments, and provide good employee benefits.

We must protect our super wealthy. Look at all the good they have done since we adopted supply side economics.......sent jobs overseas, cut retirement and healthcare benefits, froze wages

All while keeping the money for themselves

Actually it's the unions and American consumers responsible for that, not the wealthy.
So you claim it was unions that cut wages and benefits and insisted that jobs go overseas

No, I'm claiming their demands priced us out of the world market. When Americans have a choice between two similar products, they always choose the cheapest one, even if it means quality has to suffer. As wages increased, so did the price of goods the company sold.
They were demanding wages and benefits that enabled workers to raise families, healthcare and someday retire.
They fought to maintain a standard of living not to get wealthy

It was the executives who saw massive increases in compensation, not union workers

Actually, they both did. But no professional baseball team is going to find a star pitcher for 200K a year so they can pay the popcorn vendors 70K a year. Eventually, a competing team will figure it out and offer that pitcher 400K a year who pays their popcorn vendors 30K a year and produce a winning team that will beat the hell out of yours.

Last edited:

Long overdue

Owning 2 homes does qualify as an investment, I’m happy you did, I believe real estate is a great vehicle to build wealth. So when you or your heirs sell these homes, you believe that you should be taxed again for the monies you made? I’m aware of the exclusion in today’s tax code, but tell me why is the Federal Government getting more and more of my money? Especially money I have reinvested in our economy, what you and your fellow liberals never understand is this is how you bring everyone on board, it’s the only fair way...

Indeed, inflation has hit a 6-year high of 2.8%.

Another worry is tepid wage growth, which not only lags behind the strong growth in jobs, but is essentially wiped out by inflation. Wages have grown by 2.7% year-on-year, whereas in the comparably buoyant dot-com days, they rose by about 4%. One explanation is that employers are able to keep wages artificially low because of the decline of labour unions, which has weakened the bargaining power of workers.

Wage growth has been sluggish despite a strong labour market.
Image: Bloomberg / Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Income inequality is getting worse

The US has the highest income inequality in the Western world, and the gap between rich and poor Americans has been widening.

Long overdue

Owning 2 homes does qualify as an investment, I’m happy you did, I believe real estate is a great vehicle to build wealth. So when you or your heirs sell these homes, you believe that you should be taxed again for the monies you made? I’m aware of the exclusion in today’s tax code, but tell me why is the Federal Government getting more and more of my money? Especially money I have reinvested in our economy, what you and your fellow liberals never understand is this is how you bring everyone on board, it’s the only fair way...

It won't affect RW because even with his two homes, he's not the target of their tax scheme. If he were, you'd see how much he'd be complaining. You know how liberals are. They love spending other people's money, just not their own.

What motive do you think they have for crying out loud???

Greed.

Or how about that's all they can afford to pay? Why do you think every single businesses is making hand over fist money?

Apparently, in some minds, every business is wildly successful and an endless source of money.

What about Car Max?

What about Car Max?

Well HADIT?

Forum List

Back