You drop the Gloves, you'll get the knuckles!!!

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
John Kerry won much respect from me in the last debate by bringing up Cheney's daughter. Why? Because it was time for the chickens to come home to roost!

Where was Mrs Cheney and Mrs Bush when they watch the daughters of John Kerry being badgered about their father's service in Vietnam?

The reports were never disbuted; John Kerry was a true hero in Vietnam. However, the Bush campaign still allows those "725" ads to continue to paint Kerry as a "coward in action" and a "traitor" of the Vietman War. Ref: Sinclair Communications. Was this angle of attack fair to Kerry's daughters? NO!!!

But that's the old Republican hypocritical way; "Do it upon others, but don't do it upon us"

I have sympathy for the Bush campaign; for they'd learn from history's past as to what happens when family becomes part of the politics.

Michael Dukakis, as claimed by debate experts, lost his campaign when he said that if someone were to kill his wife, he would not seek the death penalty, should that person be convicted.

Al Gore got nailed the same way when he'd waffled on the "If your daughter wanted an abortion" question.

It's a fact; people DO judge candidates based on how much of their policies they are willing to apply to their own families.

Cheney made his position clear; to leave it up to the states, for he does not have the courage to support anything that will hurt his daughter's right to live her life as a lesbian. Because of this, Cheney has establish a clear and present stance against President George W. Bush's plan to ban same sex marriages.

Cheney's daughter is not just a sidebar to the gay rights issue; she's the very center of it; therefore, Kerry had all the right in the world to bring it up; just like the Bush campaign had all the right to allow his "725" ads to lie about Kerry's war record. To me it's all fair game once you take those gloves off.

Just be happy Kerry didn't bring up Bush's underage drinking policy. :poke: :laugh:

hylandrdet said:
John Kerry won much respect from me in the last debate by bringing up Cheney's daughter. Why? Because it was time for the chickens to come home to roost!

Where was Mrs Cheney and Mrs Bush when they watch the daughters of John Kerry being badgered about their father's service in Vietnam?

The reports were never disbuted; John Kerry was a true hero in Vietnam. However, the Bush campaign still allows those "725" ads to continue to paint Kerry as a "coward in action" and a "traitor" of the Vietman War. Ref: Sinclair Communications. Was this angle of attack fair to Kerry's daughters? NO!!!

But that's the old Republican hypocritical way; "Do it upon others, but don't do it upon us"

I have sympathy for the Bush campaign; for they'd learn from history's past as to what happens when family becomes part of the politics.

Michael Dukakis, as claimed by debate experts, lost his campaign when he said that if someone were to kill his wife, he would not seek the death penalty, should that person be convicted.

Al Gore got nailed the same way when he'd waffled on the "If your daughter wanted an abortion" question.

It's a fact; people DO judge candidates based on how much of their policies they are willing to apply to their own families.

Cheney made his position clear; to leave it up to the states, for he does not have the courage to support anything that will hurt his daughter's right to live her life as a lesbian. Because of this, Cheney has establish a clear and present stance against President George W. Bush's plan to ban same sex marriages.

Cheney's daughter is not just a sidebar to the gay rights issue; she's the very center of it; therefore, Kerry had all the right in the world to bring it up; just like the Bush campaign had all the right to allow his "725" ads to lie about Kerry's war record. To me it's all fair game once you take those gloves off.

Just be happy Kerry didn't bring up Bush's underage drinking policy. :poke: :laugh:

I think you've made a good point here. I think the confusion arises out of gays wanting to be accepted and have special rights but at the same time want privacy. Can't have it both ways!

hylandrdet said:

Not sure how serious you are here.

Kerry CHOSE to make his service record a main theme in his election campaign effort. Cheney did not make his duaghter's sexual preference a theme in his re-election bid. as for the 527 ads, ever hear of free speech?
As for families involvement, where is your outrage for Bush's family when the good ol Dems out there start talking about Bush being AWOL, Bush being mentally deficient and/or drug crazed?

Is your professed compassion for the family's feelings only reserved for the Democratic side of the fence? Apparently so.

hylandrdet said:

Perfect example of the extreme left. Half of Kerry's base think that the comment on ms. Chenney was inappropriate. the other half are more concerned about obtaining power.

our liberal friend here doesnt understand the difference between attacking the record of the candidate and attacking their children. He doesnt understand the difference between attacking the centerpiece of Kerry's campaign and attacking the sexuality of Chenney's daughter.

This is exactly why the far left will never get power without cheating. They are totally out of touch with reality.

hylandrdet said:

Wow. What an impressive load of bullshit. It's always nice to see when Democrats come out and prove that facts mean absolutely nothing to them. That makes it a lot easier on everyone else.

My neighbor and I have had a number of political conversations, and he was undecided until the last debate. He is from MA, and has some strong liberal tendencies....I have nothing but respect for him, and we talk a fair amount when the BBQ grills are going and the beers are being shared.

He said he watched replay of the last debate, and has finally made a decision that he can live with. He took great offense to Kerry's "use" of Mary Cheney, and has decided that he will vote for GWB. He said the primary reasoning was because he thought Kerry "stooped" to "use" the familial issue of the Cheney's in order to gain politically.

I thought it interesting that my neighbor came to the conclusion the way that he had, and I am finding that more and more people find the Kerry inclusion of the Cheney family in his closing statement the reason why they will vote for Bush. They are seeing the true nature of the political "lifer" who is grasping at any issue he can to save is political life!

Fmr jarhead said:
My neighbor and I have had a number of political conversations, and he was undecided until the last debate. He is from MA, and has some strong liberal tendencies....I have nothing but respect for him, and we talk a fair amount when the BBQ grills are going and the beers are being shared.

He said he watched replay of the last debate, and has finally made a decision that he can live with. He took great offense to Kerry's "use" of Mary Cheney, and has decided that he will vote for GWB. He said the primary reasoning was because he thought Kerry "stooped" to "use" the familial issue of the Cheney's in order to gain politically.

I thought it interesting that my neighbor came to the conclusion the way that he had, and I am finding that more and more people find the Kerry inclusion of the Cheney family in his closing statement the reason why they will vote for Bush. They are seeing the true nature of the political "lifer" who is grasping at any issue he can to save is political life!

Well if your experience is true, which i have no doubt that it is, and there are wide spread feelings about this all accross the country, Kerry is going to have to focus even more on getting the support of his base. He is already going to places he should have in the bag. it almost looks like he is conceding most of the swing states. this isnt looking good for Kerry

Im hoping we see a total upset and Kerry lose Massachesetts as well. that would be interesting.

hylandrdet.....

That's has to be the most irrational argument in defence of a politicians'
intrusion into the private life of his opponents' family I've ever read.

hylandrdet said:

Until you got here I didn't realize just how high bullshit could be piled.

Tell me - when did Dick Cheney or George Bush badger kerry's daughters about ANYTHING? Or are those reporters in league with the Republicans just like those lying, cheating Swift Boat veterans?

Forum List

Back