You don't say...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kinds of perspectives always seem to come from agenda driven sites like wattsupwiththat.com.

Got anything better? I'll even take Fox News.

Watts Up With That? based their post on DMI findings, but you can follow THE LOCAL instead since this is from Denmark:

Danish climate body wrongly reported Greenland heat record

Excerpt:

By combining measurements with observations from other weather stations, the DMI has now estimated that the temperature was closer to -2C.

"You could say that this is good news from a climate perspective," Herdis Damberg, one of the Institute's meteorologists told Danish state broadcaster DR. "There are probably a lot of people wiping their foreheads saying that it's pretty good that it wasn't four degrees."

The institute believes that snow had caused poor ventilation around the thermometers at the site, wrongly boosting the temperature.

LINK

Meanwhile melting at Summit is irrelevant as the highs are below freezing 99.99% of the year.

POLAR PORTAL (from DMI)

SMB_combine_SM_day_EN_20190812.png

Summit is near the center of Greenland, see the large new growth area of snow and ice near Summit?

Most melting is around the outer edges, which is normal as it is near the coast and above freezing part of the time.

These kinds of perspectives always seem to come from agenda driven sites like wattsupwiththat.com.

Watts Up With That? based their post on DMI findings, but you can follow THE LOCAL instead since this is from Denmark:

Excerpt:

By combining measurements with observations from other weather stations, the DMI has now estimated that the temperature was closer to -2C.

"You could say that this is good news from a climate perspective," Herdis Damberg, one of the Institute's meteorologists told Danish state broadcaster DR. "There are probably a lot of people wiping their foreheads saying that it's pretty good that it wasn't four degrees."

The institute believes that snow had caused poor ventilation around the thermometers at the site, wrongly boosting the temperature.

LINK

Meanwhile melting at Summit is irrelevant as the highs are below freezing 99% of the year.

POLAR PORTAL (from DMI)

SMB_combine_SM_day_EN_20190812.png

Summit is near the center of Greenland, see the large new growth area of snow and ice near Summit?

Most melting is around the outer edges, which is normal as it is near the coast and above freezing part of the time.

The lil matey will willfully ignore it...he's duped and proud of it

Try Google

You won't find perspectives like this on more reputable websites.

...I'm not your secretary

I doubt you're qualified for that because you're somebody that actually believes there's a worldwide science conspiracy.

Heat wave in the Mid west and SW near record heat. Houston Monday 8/12/2019 around 101 degrees.... 8/12/ 1962 106 that's warmer than now right! Hmmmm?
Climate Change! Liberals demand the climate be stable and the only way to fix it is giving them lots of money through carbon taxes.

he's duped and proud of it

Says the person that's been convinced that scientists and scientific institutions, the most educated people all over the planet, are in on a giant conspiracy to lie about science. You are a fool, and educated people the world over would be laughing at you if not for how disturbing your distrust in science is. You have no idea how deeply disrespectful your words are to the scientists that have dedicated their lives to understanding these things.

On their behalf, fuck you.

Only an ignorant person would think that scientists and scientific institutions all over the world are lying to the public. The notion that a conspiracy that large could even float is ridiculous.
Not when their livelihoods depend on it. And there are not nearly the numbers claimed.

Agenda driven? Like those who are pushing alarmist propaganda as opposed to the facts...Was it not an agenda driven site that reported the fake news in the first place? Did the "not agenda driven" site post a retraction and explain that it was all in error or are they satisfied to let people who get their propaganda from them continue to believe that the report was factual?

Are you aware that discounting information simply because of where it comes from is a failure of logic? Either the information is correct or it isn't...

The report comes from the Danish Meterological Society...it was fake news...and I doubt that any of your "not agenda driven" sources of information will ever acknowledge that the report was in error and that it actually never got above freezing..TO DO SO WOULD BE COUNTER TO THEIR AGENDA......

The report comes from the Danish Meterological Society

Do they think AGW is a hoax?

I think AGW is the result of an error cascade which has led to a group think situation which has been solidified by the politicization of the "science".

I didn't ask what you think. You touted their credentials so I am asking you about their position on AGW. Do they believe it's happening or not?

Try Google

You won't find perspectives like this on more reputable websites.

...I'm not your secretary

I doubt you're qualified for that because you're somebody that actually believes there's a worldwide science conspiracy.

Heat wave in the Mid west and SW near record heat. Houston Monday 8/12/2019 around 101 degrees.... 8/12/ 1962 106 that's warmer than now right! Hmmmm?
localized high pressure... it's summer... not unusual or record breaking...

Last edited:

I think AGW is the result of an error cascade which has led to a group think situation which has been solidified by the politicization of the "science".

Does the Danish Meteorological Society think AGW is a hoax?
No they dont, but they report facts not conjecture as they are scientists first.

Says the person that's been convinced that scientists and scientific institutions, the most educated people all over the planet, are in on a giant conspiracy to lie about science. You are a fool, and educated people the world over would be laughing at you if not for how disturbing your distrust in science is. You have no idea how deeply disrespectful your words are to the scientists that have dedicated their lives to understanding these things.

They can say fck you until the cows come home...bunch of frauds falsifying data are not scientists...they do it for the grant money

No they dont, but they report facts not conjecture as they are scientists first.

They are scientists reporting facts and they don't believe AGW is bullshit.

Thank you.

Agenda driven? Like those who are pushing alarmist propaganda as opposed to the facts...Was it not an agenda driven site that reported the fake news in the first place? Did the "not agenda driven" site post a retraction and explain that it was all in error or are they satisfied to let people who get their propaganda from them continue to believe that the report was factual?

Are you aware that discounting information simply because of where it comes from is a failure of logic? Either the information is correct or it isn't...

The report comes from the Danish Meterological Society...it was fake news...and I doubt that any of your "not agenda driven" sources of information will ever acknowledge that the report was in error and that it actually never got above freezing..TO DO SO WOULD BE COUNTER TO THEIR AGENDA......
I remember posting up the real melt and that they exaggerated the temp and melt by a factor of 13.... LOL....

They are scientists reporting facts and they don't believe AGW is bullshit.

Thank you.
The AGW hypothesis is falsified and they admit it.. The empirical evidence does not support the hypothesis.

They can say fck you until the cows come home...bunch of frauds falsifying data are not scientists...they do it for the grant money

That's nice honey.

That's nice honey.

Grow up, the premise of the thread is they were caught supplying false data and they did. Ya goddamn duped fool.

Now one more off topic or childish insult and off to ignore ya go. Tired of your little boy antics

Grow up, the premise of the thread is they were caught supplying false data and they did.

Even if that's true it doesn't change anything about what the most qualified people believe based on the evidence we have. The people that made the correction are scientists that believe it's happening. It's just like I told you earlier. You fail to understand that the only reason you even find out about this stuff is because science is transparent and self-correcting. These mistakes are uncovered by scientists that also believe in the thing you're calling a hoax perpetuated by frauds. How can you not see how ridiculous and illogical your position is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back