You Dems pay $1,000 a plate for this???

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=22&art_id=qw1089356762832B226

New York - The Democratic presidential ticket netted a cool $7.5-million (about R50-million) at a star-studded concert but had to squirm through a wickedly irreverent monologue from comic Whoopi Goldberg to do it.

Aides to presidential candidate John Kerry exulted that the gate from Thursday night's extravaganza at the historic Radio City Music Hall was the biggest single take ever for a Democratic event.

But while the party was raising cash, Goldberg was clearly raising some hackles by repeatedly referring to Kerry's boyish vice-presidential running-mate John Edwards as "kid."

'He looks like he is about 18'
"He is really youthful. He looks like he is about 18," said the comedian, one of a dozen headliners who turned out to boost the Democrats' drive to unseat Republican President George Bush in November.

Such words were undoubtedly music to the ears of the Republicans who have wasted no time in attacking the 51-year-old Edwards, picked by Kerry for the ticket on Tuesday, as unready for the White House.

The North Carolina senator's high-wattage smile seemed to fade a bit more each time Goldberg called out to him. When Kerry later spoke, he took pains to make it clear he had no kid on his team.

"I have a man, Whoopi," the Massachusetts lawmaker said.
:cuckoo:

Kerry has a MAN! :gay:

Goldberg, a devout Democrat, did not spare Bush in her monologue: "Anybody who could wave to (blind singer) Stevie Wonder isn't fully there," she said to howls from the audience.

Laughing at myths created by their own leadership is quite natural... a nervous release over growing doubts about how stupid Bush can be given the improving indicators on all aspects. The emotional validation from hearing and cheering on in unison the remaining hope that "Bush is STILL stupid" validates everything the left has come to rely upon. This particular myth is old enough to be presented in this rally as a rallying call.

Yippee! Look at the stupid monkey Bush wave at the blind man!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/652693/posts

Nobody cares what really happened. Validation of convictions is paramount.

But she also produced a few embarrassed grimaces with an unsubtle anatomical double-entendre enjoining voters to "keep Bush where it belongs and not in the White House."

'America needs more Bush' was kind of "haha" 15 years ago, remember? I guess it was still a dumb joke then... we all pretty much thought of the joke ourselves, on our own, nasty as we are.

It's now a really stupid ass joke to bring up among those 20 or older. I have no idea if this was supposed to be plain stupid or the insinuation that any woman in the white house was stupid. Either way everyone was insulted and Whoopie's career is over.

The performance, which overshadowed appearances by stars ranging from hip-hop idol Wyclef Jean to actor Paul Newman, highlighted the awkward mix of strait-laced politicians and the volatile artists they routinely court.

Seems to me the Democratic candidates are fine using these artists, so far. Here we have the media covering for the Democrats and distances her comments from the party line. All in all the Democrats are 7.5 Million richer and have some good media scandal to get attention to the Democrats..

The 54-year-old Goldberg was unapologetic to the crowd of about 6 200 people who paid up to $25 000 a ticket for the gala.

:eek: ... No refunds? What a rip.

"This is what I try to explain to people," she said. "Why are you asking me to come if you don't want me to be me?"

Was Whoopie's routine condescending and crass before or is this some kind of career suicide on her part?

The comic said concert organisers had asked to see her material beforehand but she sent them a photocopied image of her behind with a kissmark on it. "I wasn't sure I was going to get the phone call," she said.

Actually, that could be funny if only I could erase the image of her huge naked ass out of my mind.

Other stars were more orthodox in their Bush-bashing.

Get out your shit-list people... grab a pen or pencil...

Newman took off on his fiscal policies, saying, "I think that tax cuts for worried, wealthy thugs like me are borderline criminal," and the notion they produce trickle-down benefits for the poor is "rubbish."

And Newman won't pay a dime in future earning beyond the interest income from his millions of personal assets. Fuck his salad dressing, I want to see his personal assets siezed by the state and distributed to the poor. I want to see his children raised alongside those who are funded by his "charitable" grant and want him whine about the government taking his wealth from his famility. Fuck him if he speaks for neither himself or any future income earner. What a fraud.

Actress Jessica Lange branded the Bush administration "a self-serving regime of deceit, hypocrisy and belligerence,"

A Hollywood sex idol who starred as King Kong's little sex toy say someone else is self-serving and hypocritical? Lame.

while comic Chevy Chase heaped scorn on Bush's intellect: "This guy is as bright as an egg-timer."

LOL, another "brilliant" double-entendre, Bush is dumb like an egg-timer!

Say Chevy, why not a plastic turkey instead? Bush is dumb as the turkey baster and of course the kicker is we know he held some plastic turkey! An extra entendres every liberal has heard of and will understand.

Also on the bill were rockers Jon Bon Jovi, the Dave Matthews Band and John Fogerty, singer John Mellencamp, hip hop artist Mary J Blige, comic John Leguizamo, and actresses Meryl Streep and Sarah Jessica Parker.

See now since only INCOME tax is the issue in the party, what little risk these respective speakers for the Democrats have in personal financial drain is made up for renewed popularity and fame. Each are worth no less than a few million in personal, untaxable assests and funds. And however they feel guilty about such lifestyle, we're still specifically speaking of future taxes unrelated to the speakers in question.

Poor Newman feels guilty and is worried about how rich he has become. Can he speak for himself when he retains millions in assets and future royalty rights or is he actually going to speak for those who have yet to earn income and be taxed on their earnings? Maybe he's full of rubbish himself?

Whoopie seems to be suffering from signs of early dementia. Sure you can joke about Bush's stupidity, and even be unoriginal about it, you'll still get laughs from the Bush-hating left. But if turn those same stupid jokes against them and all Whoopie can do is take her millions and retire. When she becomes senile maybe we'll joke about her stupidity, too. Fair enough?

John Leguizamo in "Empire" played an an honorable and honest drug dealer for Crach in NYC. And see he tried to go legit but the moral of the story was that a White man and his greedy temptations ruined his life. Cue the comedian, John Leguizamo...

And then Bon Jovi? WTF?

It just amazes me the left attracts these famous and wealthy class of artists and film stars alll became politically active just as they found themselves out of the limelight. Why are so many populist speakers in entertainment business now chosen to represent the message of the Democratic party? Aren't we tired of this already?

I heard about this all today from Glenn Beck and rush. Its dispicable. And of course the media has tried to hide any tapes or quotes from the show itself. Completely dishonest. But what else is new huh?

Yep. Drop an F-bomb on the senate floor in front of four or five people and you have no decency. Call someone a thug, a liar, or compare them to a woman's vagina and you're a super cool celebrity...or Chevy Chase.

What a bunch of absolute friggin' idiots. Are the Dem's attempting political suicide? To be seen on the same stage with the Hollywood freak weirdo left is exceeding stupid... Kerry and Eddie "The Kid", according to the omniprescient Whoopi, are seen being pumped up by people that hate the United States?

Bush/Cheney are going to wipe the floor with these two. ...
I'm bettin' by 10% or more...landslide city.... I pity the idiot left they don't realize that this is their last gasp... Can't keep the 60' bullshit going forever... And I personally pity the poor sots that will vote for those two...

Yet they are trying to not release the tape of the concert. Im sure they were taping it to get some commercials out of it yet we arent going to see the full footage thanks to the medias hypocracy.

Originally posted by Comrade
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=22&art_id=qw1089356762832B226

:cuckoo:

Kerry has a MAN! :gay:

Laughing at myths created by their own leadership is quite natural... a nervous release over growing doubts about how stupid Bush can be given the improving indicators on all aspects. The emotional validation from hearing and cheering on in unison the remaining hope that "Bush is STILL stupid" validates everything the left has come to rely upon. This particular myth is old enough to be presented in this rally as a rallying call.

Yippee! Look at the stupid monkey Bush wave at the blind man!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/652693/posts

Nobody cares what really happened. Validation of convictions is paramount.

'America needs more Bush' was kind of "haha" 15 years ago, remember? I guess it was still a dumb joke then... we all pretty much thought of the joke ourselves, on our own, nasty as we are.

It's now a really stupid ass joke to bring up among those 20 or older. I have no idea if this was supposed to be plain stupid or the insinuation that any woman in the white house was stupid. Either way everyone was insulted and Whoopie's career is over.

Seems to me the Democratic candidates are fine using these artists, so far. Here we have the media covering for the Democrats and distances her comments from the party line. All in all the Democrats are 7.5 Million richer and have some good media scandal to get attention to the Democrats..

:eek: ... No refunds? What a rip.

Was Whoopie's routine condescending and crass before or is this some kind of career suicide on her part?

Actually, that could be funny if only I could erase the image of her huge naked ass out of my mind.

Get out your shit-list people... grab a pen or pencil...

And Newman won't pay a dime in future earning beyond the interest income from his millions of personal assets. Fuck his salad dressing, I want to see his personal assets siezed by the state and distributed to the poor. I want to see his children raised alongside those who are funded by his "charitable" grant and want him whine about the government taking his wealth from his famility. Fuck him if he speaks for neither himself or any future income earner. What a fraud.

A Hollywood sex idol who starred as King Kong's little sex toy say someone else is self-serving and hypocritical? Lame.

LOL, another "brilliant" double-entendre, Bush is dumb like an egg-timer!

Say Chevy, why not a plastic turkey instead? Bush is dumb as the turkey baster and of course the kicker is we know he held some plastic turkey! An extra entendres every liberal has heard of and will understand.

See now since only INCOME tax is the issue in the party, what little risk these respective speakers for the Democrats have in personal financial drain is made up for renewed popularity and fame. Each are worth no less than a few million in personal, untaxable assests and funds. And however they feel guilty about such lifestyle, we're still specifically speaking of future taxes unrelated to the speakers in question.

Poor Newman feels guilty and is worried about how rich he has become. Can he speak for himself when he retains millions in assets and future royalty rights or is he actually going to speak for those who have yet to earn income and be taxed on their earnings? Maybe he's full of rubbish himself?

Whoopie seems to be suffering from signs of early dementia. Sure you can joke about Bush's stupidity, and even be unoriginal about it, you'll still get laughs from the Bush-hating left. But if turn those same stupid jokes against them and all Whoopie can do is take her millions and retire. When she becomes senile maybe we'll joke about her stupidity, too. Fair enough?

John Leguizamo in "Empire" played an an honorable and honest drug dealer for Crach in NYC. And see he tried to go legit but the moral of the story was that a White man and his greedy temptations ruined his life. Cue the comedian, John Leguizamo...

And then Bon Jovi? WTF?

It just amazes me the left attracts these famous and wealthy class of artists and film stars alll became politically active just as they found themselves out of the limelight. Why are so many populist speakers in entertainment business now chosen to represent the message of the Democratic party? Aren't we tired of this already?

<rant></rant>

I heard someone make a good point on this. Apparently some of the Dems spin doctors are trying to laugh this all off as "good, old fashioned, raucous campaigning".

Really? What would they would call it if Toby Keith, Bruce Willis, Bo Derek, Travis Tritt and the like held a Republican fundraiser and compared Hilary Clinton's name to a certain part of the female body?

Originally posted by Jimmyeatworld
I heard someone make a good point on this. Apparently some of the Dems spin doctors are trying to laugh this all off as "good, old fashioned, raucous campaigning".

Really? What would they would call it if Toby Keith, Bruce Willis, Bo Derek, Travis Tritt and the like held a Republican fundraiser and compared Hilary Clinton's name to a certain part of the female body?

If Hillary's last name were Bush, it would have already been done...

Originally posted by nycflasher
If Hillary's last name were Bush, it would have already been done...

It wouldn't have to be Bush and that wasn't the question. I seriously doubt it would ever have happened in public like that, but if it had Democrats would be screaming from mountain tops.

Originally posted by Jimmyeatworld
It wouldn't have to be Bush and that wasn't the question. I seriously doubt it would ever have happened in public like that, but if it had Democrats would be screaming from mountain tops.

Are you really crying about someone comparing Bush to a vagina?
Better people have been called worse... not there is something inherently wrong with the vagina-- there certainly isn't.;)

EDIT: It's interesting that you name yourself after the band Jimmy Eat World, considering this is a political forum and they certainly aren't Bush supporters. They were my neighbors when i lived in Tempe, AZ in 1997, though.

Are you really crying about someone comparing Bush to a vagina?
Better people have been called worse... not there is something inherently wrong with the vagina-- there certainly isn't.;)

EDIT: It's interesting that you name yourself after the band Jimmy Eat World, considering this is a political forum and they certainly aren't Bush supporters. They were my neighbors when i lived in Tempe, AZ in 1997, though.

No the complaint is merely another in the long list of media bias. That is all. Bush has been called hitler and we have "moved on" from that. What my concern is that the media, except for Fox has completely ignored this raunchy behavior.

Originally posted by insein
No the complaint is merely another in the long list of media bias. That is all. Bush has been called hitler and we have "moved on" from that. What my concern is that the media, except for Fox has completely ignored this raunchy behavior.

It was a fundraiser where people paid to be entertained and support their candidate.

Funds were raised, people were entertained. Who cares?
Especially those of you so confident that Bush will win, anyways?

It was a fundraiser where people paid to be entertained and support their candidate.

Funds were raised, people were entertained. Who cares?
Especially those of you so confident that Bush will win, anyways?

Im just saying, flasher, you know the media would have been all over it had it been a Bush Fundraiser where Bruce Willis called John Kerry, well any derogatory name. Then if the Bush Campaign said they werent releasing the tape from the fundraiser, how would the media act? Would they simply drop it and ignore it like Kerry's little shindig or would they pry and claim it as the media's err...people's right to know?

Im just saying, flasher, you know the media would have been all over it had it been a Bush Fundraiser where Bruce Willis called John Kerry, well any derogatory name. Then if the Bush Campaign said they werent releasing the tape from the fundraiser, how would the media act? Would they simply drop it and ignore it like Kerry's little shindig or would they pry and claim it as the media's err...people's right to know?

Well, I won't defend the media. Point taken. But anyone who is relying on the mainstream media to help them make their decision on who to vote for needs to take everything they read with a grain of salt.

I mean, Bush is going after Edwards for being a trial lawyer?
What an idiot you are, John, why couldn't you have been a street-sweeper, or a doctor, or a fireman?

I think Bush is just pissed that Edwards has good command over the English language.

:D

I mentioned it because the media always uses that as their excuse to justify prying into everything a Republican does. (e.g. Jack Ryan's SEALED Divorce records)

ah...
well, in some cases the public certianly has a right to know

I'm not up in the Ryan thing, one of the stories i've missed... oh wit, now I remember.

He's the guy who ALLEDGEDLY took his ex-wife to sex clubs and stuff, right?

Well, if he didn't he has nothing to worry about.

If he did, maybe he shouldn't be in politics, as that will defintitely no help with your constituency. Eventhough it his personal life.

Forum List

Back