You can't predict weather more than 7 days into the future. So how can they predict climate 30 years into the future?

lol.......he should get the max penalty for treason
Do you not understand the legal or even common definition of treason?

On top of your climatological ignorance.

1705096343485.png

View attachment 887043
NASA? You idiot! Those assholes have been caught several times lying about data. They have no credibilty when it comes to anything about the climate. The ESA is just as bad because it is controlled by the EU, which as we all know has an Environmental Wacko agenda.

You don't have shit. There is no man made global warming. Get over it. I know you are a pussy when it comes to things like this but you ain't gonna die because I drive a gas guzzling Tundra.

Only idiots like you believe that horse shit data.

View attachment 887043
who is smarter

me- never worked a day in my life because i loved what i did, and still do some...never used an alarm clock ot had a boss
you- proletarian dust breather who slaves 50 yrs and dies 3 days after retirement

Now who is smarter dust breather....now get the fuck away from me you gender confused mess

And that is why there is NO OCEAN RISE, because there is NO ONGOING NET ICE MELT because

Planet Earth is NOT WARMING

Predicting what the planet's, annual, average temperature will be 50 years from now is not the same as predicting the odds of rain in Chicago the day after tomorrow. I know you will say, "I know, I know", but you do not else you wouldn't have made that observation as if it had any bearing.

When you want to figure out the odds of rain at a given location at some point in the future, you have to look at that point's surroundings out to the distance that could conceivably affect the weather at your point of interest in your selected time span. You need to examine what is most likely to happen throughout that entire region. That will require looking to where the air is moving, how moisture levels are changing, precipitation, what the temperature and pressure isobars are doing and so forth. And it is much like a chess game. Such-and-such might happen which would lead to this or this other thing might happen which would lead to that. It is not a simple thing and that complex interdependence determining what will happen in a specific place and a specific time is the constraint that limits accurate weather reports to a handful of days.

If all you are interested in is the temperature of the planet as a whole, things may get bigger, but they simultaneously get much simpler. The Earth as a whole will take in solar energy and, as a whole, will radiate away infrared. That is all that has to be known to calculate our temperature in 50 years. The incoming is quite stable and predictable. The outgoing can be looked at a few different ways but benefits from the fact that there are limited and predictable changes in the parameters critical to planetary emissions. Greenhouse gases are increasing and we already have preassembled scenarios describing a range of manners in which that can take place. As the computers work through those scenarios, they will continuously update the Earth's temperature which, in turn, will dictate how much IR leaves the planet's surface and the speed with which it escapes the atmosphere. The emissivity parameters of the planet's surface do not change. The affect of water vapor due to increased temperature is calculable. There are no surprises. The flexibility of the planet as a whole is far less than that of the atmosphere surrounding, say, Chicago, particularly at the depth at which the two must be examined for these differing processes.

Besides, if the public were willing to take multiple weather reports based on multiple scenarios, it would be possible to give usable weather forecasts significantly further than our mandatory single stream does now.
Climate Change is bullshit, agreed but your argument is bad . you can drop a marble down a corrugated board and have no idea the route it will take and yet know where it will end up. We know that 1) Climate is not changing 2) that the models are wrong mainly on the unscientifice principle that models only what you already think is a cause and pretending you know that in fact things are changing. and 3) we know that the claim about saving humanity is bogus,. Biden announced recently efforts to force Africa to accept its backward educational system, poor food, high morality -- all the things we escaped using fossil fuels

Here he is caught red-handed

lol.......he should get the max penalty for treason

Look, you have to give the guy credit. He saw that there was big bucks in this Environmental Wacko bullshit and he cashed in. He is milking the scam for every cent he can.

Al Gore owns three mansions. Each one of them has the carbon footprint of a small American town. One of them is on the ocean. You would think that if the sonofabitch was really concerned about the rising sea levels he wouldn't have bought a home on the ocean.

Look, you have to give the guy credit. He saw that there was big bucks in this Environmental Wacko bullshit and he cashed in. He is milking the scam for every cent he can.

Al Gore owns three mansions. Each one of them has the carbon footprint of a small American town. One of them is on the ocean. You would think that if the sonofabitch was really concerned about the rising sea levels he wouldn't have bought a home on the ocean.
my sil grandkids are worried they're going to burn up.........john kerry should be strung naked upside down and mussolinied

Predicting what the planet's, annual, average temperature will be 50 years from now is not the same as predicting the odds of rain in Chicago the day after tomorrow. I know you will say, "I know, I know", but you do not else you wouldn't have made that observation as if it had any bearing.

When you want to figure out the odds of rain at a given location at some point in the future, you have to look at that point's surroundings out to the distance that could conceivably affect the weather at your point of interest in your selected time span. You need to examine what is most likely to happen throughout that entire region. That will require looking to where the air is moving, how moisture levels are changing, precipitation, what the temperature and pressure isobars are doing and so forth. And it is much like a chess game. Such-and-such might happen which would lead to this or this other thing might happen which would lead to that. It is not a simple thing and that complex interdependence determining what will happen in a specific place and a specific time is the constraint that limits accurate weather reports to a handful of days.

If all you are interested in is the temperature of the planet as a whole, things may get bigger, but they simultaneously get much simpler. The Earth as a whole will take in solar energy and, as a whole, will radiate away infrared. That is all that has to be known to calculate our temperature in 50 years. The incoming is quite stable and predictable. The outgoing can be looked at a few different ways but benefits from the fact that there are limited and predictable changes in the parameters critical to planetary emissions. Greenhouse gases are increasing and we already have preassembled scenarios describing a range of manners in which that can take place. As the computers work through those scenarios, they will continuously update the Earth's temperature which, in turn, will dictate how much IR leaves the planet's surface and the speed with which it escapes the atmosphere. The emissivity parameters of the planet's surface do not change. The affect of water vapor due to increased temperature is calculable. There are no surprises. The flexibility of the planet as a whole is far less than that of the atmosphere surrounding, say, Chicago, particularly at the depth at which the two must be examined for these differing processes.

Besides, if the public were willing to take multiple weather reports based on multiple scenarios, it would be possible to give usable weather forecasts significantly further than our mandatory single stream does now.
Keep pissing your pants for all I care.

If these guys were honest, they would move to the warmest, highest place on earth.

The current warming trend IS man made and in direct opposition to the cooling that Milankovitch is attempting to continue producing.
3 things you do that demonstrates why you piss your pants over climate? Talking is not any of the 3 things.

Willard Scott was a very nice weather "presenter". He had a bachelor's degree in "Philosophy and Religion" and spent his entire career performing weather broadcasts and other entertainment. He never received any formal training in meteorology. He was never involved in any climate studies of any sort. I'm sure it was nice to meet him but his comments are irrelevant to any discussion of climate science.
Sour grapes much?

This video is by a defender of Man harms weather or the globe.
But around minute 29 he admits weather can't be predicted a week into the future.

Try to resolve this dilemma.

Weather and climate are two different concepts. Weather refers to the short-term atmospheric conditions at a specific time and place, while climate refers to the long-term average of weather patterns in a particular region.

While it is difficult to predict specific weather events a week in advance due to the complex and chaotic nature of the atmosphere, climate prediction involves analyzing long-term trends and patterns based on historical data, scientific models, and understanding of larger-scale factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, ocean currents, and solar radiation.

Climate predictions are based on the understanding of how these factors interact and change over time, allowing scientists to make educated projections about how the overall climate of a region may change decades into the future.

These predictions are not exact, but they provide valuable insights into potential future climate scenarios and help inform decisions about adaptation and mitigation strategies. :)

I understand the Milankoyich cycle very well. The last Ice Age ended about 12,000 years ago and we are in a post glacial period now. It is likely that we will have another Ice Age with in the next 20-30K years or so due to that cycle. In the meantime we will have periods of warming and periods of cold.

None of that man made.

The thing we need to keep in mind is that climate change is the norm for Mother Earth. All of the species that went extinct on earth was either directly or indirectly caused by climate change.

I am not worried unlike these Environmental Wackos. Humans can adapt like they did in the past.

LOST you are.

You do not understand what an ice age is and what causes it. You fall for one of the most pathetic "scientific theories" aka Milankovich of all time, complete with believing the fault in the center of the Atlantic just "stopped" between Antarctica and South America.

So, just for the record, answer this

IS ANTARCTICA TODAY AN ICE AGE?

When you say "no" you go on record insisting that a complete continent buried under 2+ miles of ice is NOT an ICE AGE, which is HILARIOUS....

Any idea how much ice Earth would have if Earth had two polar oceans.....

LOL!!!

Weather and climate are two different concepts. Weather refers to the short-term atmospheric conditions at a specific time and place, while climate refers to the long-term average of weather patterns in a particular region.

While it is difficult to predict specific weather events a week in advance due to the complex and chaotic nature of the atmosphere, climate prediction involves analyzing long-term trends and patterns based on historical data, scientific models, and understanding of larger-scale factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, ocean currents, and solar radiation.

Climate predictions are based on the understanding of how these factors interact and change over time, allowing scientists to make educated projections about how the overall climate of a region may change decades into the future.

These predictions are not exact, but they provide valuable insights into potential future climate scenarios and help inform decisions about adaptation and mitigation strategies. :)

No, weather is weather, and climate is what sets the parameters of weather.

Climate on Earth is overwhelmingly about ice, which controls

ocean level
atmospheric thickness
humidity
temperature

What controls Earth's ice? Where LAND IS.

Earth ice

90% on LAND MASS Antarctica
7% on LAND MASS Greenland

LAND MOVES

Earth with two polar oceans would have how much ice???

Climate Change is bullshit

Global Warming, Co2 based climate change, is bullshit.

Climate Change does happen. If Earth had two polar oceans, Earth would have no ice. Earth today has 9 million cubic miles of ice....

So please, if you don't understand jack shit and you parrot Faux and you think W was "conservative" and "the terrorists" did 911, you have an IQ under 5 and you should STFU here and let those with IQ over 5 debate the issue.

IS ANTARCTICA TODAY AN ICE AGE?
If you want to define Ice Age as any time the earth has a year long ice pack then so be it. However, the common definition is when the ice pack is rapidly expanding like the series of glacial episodes during the Pleistocene period. We are in a period of gradual natural receding now so that would indicate a post glacial era.

If the Milankoyich cycle holds true then we will see another expansion sometime in the distant future like maybe 20-30K years from now.

Forum List

Back