You are going to HELL!!!

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
When I am told by someone that I will go to hell for eternity if I do not believe in Jesus, it peaks my curiousity. I wonder: why is going to hell such a big deal?

And it turns out that it is a VERY big deal to the person that believes it.

And to then extrapolate that same damnation to everyone worldwide that does not believe in Jesus...that's just bullshit.

I would like to ask two questions (to those who believe the above):

WHY IS YOUR RELIGION THE ONLY CORRECT ONE?

...and...

WHY IS THE PENALTY FOR NOT BELIEVING IT SO HARSH?

Not all Christians are full of hate for others who believe differently than them xotoxi.

There are many that are full of love and tolerance for others that have different faiths.

Don't compare a small group on here who are promoting their hate and intolerance to all Christians!

If we discussed this it would be just flamed. People go by what they now and understand. if you do not know what hell is or if you do not believe what difference would it make. It is a personal thing.

Not all Christians are full of hate for others who believe differently than them xotoxi.

There are many that are full of love and tolerance for others that have different faiths.

Don't compare a small group on here who are promoting their hate and intolerance to all Christians!

I'm sorry if I made it sound like a generalization. I definitely do not think that the majority of Christians believe this.

My questions are directed to that small minority of Christians (or any religion) that for some strange reason has the notion that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Being raised a Christian, and having spoken with many spiritual family members, I am of the mindset that no one is right and no one is wrong with whatever they believe, as long as they do not hurt others.

I also strongly feel that those who hurt others in the name of their religion are just evil individuals, and they are mis-interpreting their religion.

So, again, this is not directed to the mainstream Christians or people who are religious...it is directed to the Fred Phelps-like people who are lurking about.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like a generalization. I definitely do not think that the majority of Christians believe this.

My questions are directed to that small minority of Christians (or any religion) that for some strange reason has the notion that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Being raised a Christian, and having spoken with many spiritual family members, I am of the mindset that no one is right and no one is wrong with whatever they believe, as long as they do not hurt others.

I also strongly feel that those who hurt others in the name of their religion are just evil individuals, and they are mis-interpreting their religion.

So, again, this is not directed to the mainstream Christians or people who are religious...it is directed to the Fred Phelps-like people who are lurking about.

Well...by Christian doesn't that mean believing what Christ said?

Yes, he said love thy neighbor like yourself.

That means ALL your neighbors, not just the ones who think/worship the same way you do, right?

I suppose.

But I admit that I am really rusty on my Christian basics. Did Christ say that you should judge others?

I will never understand how non-believers call it "hate" to want your neighbor to attain heaven.

I suppose.

But I admit that I am really rusty on my Christian basics. Did Christ say that you should judge others?

JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED and CAST THE FIRST STONE

Yes, he said love thy neighbor like yourself.

That means ALL your neighbors, not just the ones who think/worship the same way you do, right?

Sure, where is there a Christian that doesn't love?

Love without truth, IMO, is not love. At the same time though, we don't have to bring up stuff that hurts people.

Did I bring this up? I don't think so, I know I don't like to for this exact reason.

But if somebody asks, to say anything differently than the truth that you know is not love. Especially if that truth is what Christ said. I can't help what Christ said. If there is an issue about it, the issue is with Christ, not me, He's the One who talked about hell more than He talked about heaven.

If there is an issue about it, the issue is with Christ, not me, He's the One who talked about hell more than He talked about heaven.
Well if that isn't passing the buck I don't know what is!!

And this Christ guy isn't even here to defend himself. Shame on you!!

May you sit in the corner wearing a dunce's cap for eternity. LOL!!

Exactly. Non-believers jeer and ridicule us all the time, and ask us about our beliefs, then parade around proclaiming we hate them because we believe you can't gain heaven without Christ.

Who says we hate non-believers? Not us.

And since when is knowing that actions have consequences the same as wishing that all will choose what leads to the worst consequences?

Forum List

Back