You are all morons.

I wonder if we'll learn anything from this..
Dude, you are fucking voting for it. WTF are you talking about?
I have a personal obligation to vote, and I have to react to the conditions as they are.

And in this election, I feel obligated to vote against the worse of two really lousy candidates, rather than vote third party. That's how bad I think one of the choices is.

It's an obvious fact that you can't vote against a particular candidate. All you can do is vote for one candidate.

I also advocate strongly for strict, short term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment in order to push real change in our system.

Then perhaps you should vote for a candidate who will fight for these goals?

I have a personal obligation to vote, and I have to react to the conditions as they are.

And in this election, I feel obligated to vote against the worse of two really lousy candidates, rather than vote third party. That's how bad I think one of the choices is.

It's an obvious fact that you can't vote against a particular candidate. All you do is vote for one candidate.

I also advocate strongly for strict, short term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment in order to push real change in our system.

A "known fact"?

We vote as we choose to vote, based on our own personal set of priorities.

I support your right to vote based on YOUR own personal set of priorities.

The reality is we have to chose between two bad choices. So again, it is the lesser of two evils.

That's simply not true. It's self-fulfilling prophesy based on a flawed assumption.

It's an obvious fact that you can't vote against a particular candidate. All you do is vote for one candidate.

A "known fact"?

It's a factual observation of our voting process. The ballot doesn't offer you the opportunity to vote against anyone. It ought to, but it doesn't. If you vote for Trump (or Clinton), you might tell yourself that you voted against someone else, but it's a private delusion at best. All that will be recorded is that you voted for Trump (or Clinton).

A "known fact"?

It's a factual observation of our voting process. The ballot doesn't offer you the opportunity to vote against anyone. It ought to, but it doesn't. If you vote for Trump (or Clinton), you might tell yourself that you voted against someone else, but it's a private delusion at best. All that will be recorded is that you voted for Trump (or Clinton).
I voted against Obama last election...I used my ballot to do so....

A "known fact"?

Not unless you scribbled it on the ballot with a pen or something. Which only invalidates your vote.

I just checked (U. S. Electoral College) and no "against" votes were recorded. Who did you vote for?

The fact that we ended up with these two most likely indicates some severe flaws in both our electoral process and our culture.

I wonder if we'll learn anything from this.

The flaw is called "democracy." Anyone who believes it can produce a good outcome is terminally naive.

The fact that we ended up with these two most likely indicates some severe flaws in both our electoral process and our culture.

The flaw is called "democracy." Anyone who believes it can produce a good outcome is terminally naive.
What is your favored alternative?

The reality is we have to chose between two bad choices. So again, it is the lesser of two evils.

That's simply not true. It's self-fulfilling prophesy based on a flawed assumption.
Well okay...voting for a third party is fine by me, but everyone knows the next POTUS will be an R or a D. That is the reality...sadly.

A "known fact"?

Not unless you scribbled it on the ballot with a pen or something. Which only invalidates your vote.

I just checked (U. S. Electoral College) and no "against" votes were recorded. Who did you vote for?
Not sure....it was the only person who could defeat Obama.....

A "known fact"?

Not sure....it was the only person who could defeat Obama.....

Obviously not.

both parties need to sit down and do their jobs.

And the people need to focus on the issues. This is supposed to be a government by and for the people. The only way to light a fire under their asses is to focus on the issues.

But the problem is, people don't understand the issues. They know they are angry, they really don't know what they are angry abuot, and they don't know what the solution is.

Things aren't even particularly bad now. Things were a lot worse in 2008. Or in 1980.

The frustration people have is that when Hillary is elected, the GOP will go back to business as usual of trying to obstruct anything she does, even if it is something they previously supported. And then 2020 will roll around, and the GOP rank and file will nominate someone as bad as Trump, and this time he might win.
Actually I see Hillary winning and everything staying on a downward slope(8 years worth). Then I see a guy like Bernie winning, not a guy like trump. Everyone, especially millenials will be fucked at that point and the only choice will be to take everything the rich and middle class have to get votes. Ovens and gas chambers in our future there is. Then our move to the dark side will be complete.

And by "you" I mean anyone planning to vote for Clinton or Trump. That is all.

We now return to your regularly scheduled, two-party puppet show.
I'm in a swing state of Gary Johnson can show he's got a path to the White House I'll vote for him. If by election day he doesn't, I won't. I won't risk letting Trump win as he's worse than Hillary. Not by a lot, but by enough it's not worth risking it.

For every person who says things like this there are millions of people who feverly vote for either candidate and don't have the enthusiasm issues that you do. Why do you get to poo poo on the process because YOU don't like either candidate?

I for one don't see how the democratic process is broken considering that both candidates won their perspective primaries and, as far as I know, neither one of them is planning massive electorial fraud. The people will decide nov 8th. That is all.

For every person who says things like this there are millions of people who feverly vote for either candidate and don't have the enthusiasm issues that you do. Why do you get to poo poo on the process because YOU don't like either candidate?

I for one don't see how the democratic process is broken considering that both candidates won their perspective primaries and, as far as I know, neither one of them is planning massive electorial fraud. The people will decide nov 8th. That is all.
That's all correct.

My point is that it is that very process that produces candidates like Trump & Clinton - who, in my estimation, represent by far the worst presidential choice I have had in my lifetime. And yes, that's just my opinion.

It therefore goes considerably deeper than who the parties chose to represent them. In my view, the terrible quality of these two candidates are a reflection of both a system that needs to improved and a culture in decay.

That's all correct.

My point is that it is that very process that produces candidates like Trump & Clinton - who, in my estimation, represent by far the worst presidential choice I have had in my lifetime. And yes, that's just my opinion.

It therefore goes considerably deeper than who the parties chose to represent them. In my view, the terrible quality of these two candidates are a reflection of both a system that needs to improved and a culture in decay.

While I tend to agree, a couple of things should be noted. Hillary was not really what the rank and file Democrat wanted, but it is what they got. On the other hand, the establishment GOP lost their bid to foist their establishment candidate on the rank and file. I kinda like that, while I tend to not care for Trump.

Actually I see Hillary winning and everything staying on a downward slope(8 years worth). Then I see a guy like Bernie winning, not a guy like trump. Everyone, especially millenials will be fucked at that point and the only choice will be to take everything the rich and middle class have to get votes. Ovens and gas chambers in our future there is. Then our move to the dark side will be complete.

Hysterical much? Yes, I really do see our overweight lazy population forming mobs and dragging the rich off the the gas chambers between episodes of Dancing with the Stars.

Forum List

Back