You are all morons.

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
And by "you" I mean anyone planning to vote for Clinton or Trump. That is all.

We now return to your regularly scheduled, two-party puppet show.

The fact that we ended up with these two most likely indicates that we have some severe flaws in both our electoral process and our culture.

I wonder if we'll learn anything from this.

actually, what it tells me is that both parties need to sit down and do their jobs.

The Republicans nominated a Nazi and the Democrats were only stopped from nominating a Communist (Sanders) because of procedural things they put into place back in the 1970's after McGovern crashed and burned.

so the system will probably end up electing Hillary who will be resented because people dislike her on a personal level, but she doesn't scare people like the Commie or the Nazi did.

It tells me that people are frustrated on both sides.

both parties need to sit down and do their jobs.

And the people need to focus on the issues. This is supposed to be a government by and for the people. The only way to light a fire under their asses is to focus on the issues.

Call people names and leave. That is far more moronic then settling for one of two candidates.

Last edited:
The fact that we ended up with these two most likely indicates that we have some severe flaws in both our electoral process and our culture.

I wonder if we'll learn anything from this.

Unlikely.

Few leaders have universal support outside a monarchy. A good leader is 1 and 100. A good politician is 1 in 10000.

Many of the bad guys get idolized, while many of the good guys get ostracized.

And the people need to focus on the issues. This is supposed to be a government by and for the people. The only way to light a fire under their asses is to focus on the issues.

But the problem is, people don't understand the issues. They know they are angry, they really don't know what they are angry abuot, and they don't know what the solution is.

Things aren't even particularly bad now. Things were a lot worse in 2008. Or in 1980.

The frustration people have is that when Hillary is elected, the GOP will go back to business as usual of trying to obstruct anything she does, even if it is something they previously supported. And then 2020 will roll around, and the GOP rank and file will nominate someone as bad as Trump, and this time he might win.

But the problem is, people don't understand the issues. They know they are angry, they really don't know what they are angry abuot, and they don't know what the solution is.

Things aren't even particularly bad now. Things were a lot worse in 2008. Or in 1980.

The frustration people have is that when Hillary is elected, the GOP will go back to business as usual of trying to obstruct anything she does, even if it is something they previously supported. And then 2020 will roll around, and the GOP rank and file will nominate someone as bad as Trump, and this time he might win.

:rolleyes: If the only issues you see are GOP then you don't understand the issues.

This fails as a false dilemma fallacy.

It's also naive, sophomoric, and exhibits a fundamental lack of understanding as to the nature of our Constitutional Republic.

If the only issues you see are GOP then you don't understand the issues

The GOP is the party that is being intentionally obstructive. Hey, how many government shutdowns were there when Democrats controlled Congress?

Oh, wait. there weren't any.

If the only thing you see in front of you as an issue is the GOP then you don't understand the issues. Your comment on Sanders indicates you will not be able to do so in the future.

So wait, just so that we are clear. You don't want someone bought and paid for by special interests, don't want someone that is politically correct and panders to minorities for votes, and you don't want Trump?

Hilarious

Those same people who say they hate politicians who do that, say Trump is an idiot cause he is not politically correct.

What am I missing? Oh that is right. Trump is a moron racist.

Yeah, what a moron.

I wonder if we'll learn anything from this..
Dude, you are fucking voting for it. WTF are you talking about?
I have a personal obligation to vote, and I have to react to the conditions as they are.

And in this election, I feel obligated to vote against the worse of two really lousy candidates, rather than vote third party. That's how bad I think one of the choices is.

I also advocate strongly for strict, short term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment in order to push real change in our system.

This fails as a false dilemma fallacy.

It's also naive, sophomoric, and exhibits a fundamental lack of understanding as to the nature of our Constitutional Republic.

I agree. Telling ourselves that there are only two choices is a false dichotomy. "It's also naive, sophomoric, and exhibits a fundamental lack of understanding as to the nature of our Constitutional Republic." - Well said.

The reality is we have to chose between two bad choices. So again, it is the lesser of two evils. Clearly that is Trump. Clinton's history of government corruption, lies and criminal activities should disqualify her...in a sane nation where no one is above the law.

My Solution and Dream:
Terminate the two party system entirely.

Forum List

Back