Yon Reports, Waiting For The MSM Take

I have yet to get a good reply to that question.

The answer is extremely complex IMO but it basically boils down to the idea the freedom such as found in the US is threat to "the religion of peace". The very idea that an individual has certain "unalienable rights" implies freedom of choice. If one has freedom of choice, they may choose not to follow the teachings of the kuran and may even choose not to acknowledge Allah.

Dems plan to fight terrorists

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
What did the US do to deserve the 5 attacks under Clinton as well as 9-11?

American military bases in Muslim holy lands were in place during the Clinton administration as well as U.S. support for Israel.

"American" foreign policy is not necessarily "Bush's" foreign policy. All he's done is make a bad situation worse!

The answer is extremely complex IMO but it basically boils down to the idea the freedom such as found in the US is threat to "the religion of peace". The very idea that an individual has certain "unalienable rights" implies freedom of choice. If one has freedom of choice, they may choose not to follow the teachings of the kuran and may even choose not to acknowledge Allah.

This is complete bullshit!

This isn't a "holy" war. At least it wasn't to begin with. It was purely political. The right wing pundits have succeeded in shoving the myth down your throat that these terrorists are after you because you won't convert to Islam.

It's not that simple.

They are after you because you allow your government to meddle in THEIR way of life. It's the other way around!

This is complete bullshi*!

This isn't a "holy" war. At least it wasn't to begin with. It was purely political. The right wing pundits have succeeded in shoving the myth down your throat that these terrorists are after you because you won't convert to Islam.

It's not that simple.

They are after you because you allow your government to meddle in THEIR way of life. It's the other way around!

So why was the US attacked repeatedly for 2 decades before 9/11? I mean if 'Iraq' started it all? For that matter, why 9/11?

* at school, filters.

So why was the US attacked repeatedly for 2 decades before 9/11? I mean if 'Iraq' started it all? For that matter, why 9/11?

I never said Iraq "started" anything. No Iraqi terrorist has ever attacked the U.S. on behalf of the nation of Iraq.

Why 9-11? Please get your hands on the book "Blowback-The Costs and Consequences of American Empire" by Chalmers Johnson. He basically predicted a major, catastrophic attack like 9-11 a year before it occurred based upon U.S. foreign policy practices in the middle east that have been fermenting and festering hatred toward the west for years and years.

Right after 9-11 a professor at the University of New Mexico (Albuquerque) was put on administrative leave and nearly fired for telling a group of students what a "spectacular" and well executed attack those terrorists pulled off on 9-11. It was way too soon to be talking about that tragedy with anything close to objectivity but his point was correct from a military point of view. Remember.....the "terrorists" are simply the army with the smallest bombs.

Am I sympathising with the terrorists or "admiring" or "supporting" them?

No.

I am simply aknowledging the fact that the "rules" of warfare have changed. There aren't any "fronts" in this WOT other than U.S. foreign policy. The enemy doesn't dress himself up in uniforms which are easily distinguishable from ordinary Muslim garb. They don't play by our "rules" and why should they? They want to win. They have taken their strategies straight from Sun Tzu. They have looked at the U.S. for decades and seen a giant, well armoured dragon and realized they have no hope of defeating it by conventional means. Instead they found a tiny chink in the armour. They know we are too big and clumsy to fight terrorism on the scale of small independent cells. Our armies are not set up that way.

There is a lot of interesting reading, as far as military literature goes concerning the battles with the Apache indians in the southwest toward the end of the nineteenth century. As far as I know they still teach cadets at West Point about the "Apache wars" and still hold those bands of ragtag, gut eating warriors up as an example of one of the most deadly and effective light calvaries in the history of warfare. Someday no doubt they will teach the same thing about today's radical Islamic terrorists.

I never said Iraq "started" anything. No Iraqi terrorist has ever attacked the U.S. on behalf of the nation of Iraq.

Why 9-11? Please get your hands on the book "Blowback-The Costs and Consequences of American Empire" by Chalmers Johnson. He basically predicted a major, catastrophic attack like 9-11 a year before it occurred based upon U.S. foreign policy practices in the middle east that have been fermenting and festering hatred toward the west for years and years.

Right after 9-11 a professor at the University of New Mexico (Albuquerque) was put on administrative leave and nearly fired for telling a group of students what a "spectacular" and well executed attack those terrorists pulled off on 9-11. It was way too soon to be talking about that tragedy with anything close to objectivity but his point was correct from a military point of view. Remember.....the "terrorists" are simply the army with the smallest bombs.

Am I sympathising with the terrorists or "admiring" or "supporting" them?

No.

I am simply aknowledging the fact that the "rules" of warfare have changed. There aren't any "fronts" in this WOT other than U.S. foreign policy. The enemy doesn't dress himself up in uniforms which are easily distinguishable from ordinary Muslim garb. They don't play by our "rules" and why should they? They want to win. They have taken their strategies straight from Sun Tzu. They have looked at the U.S. for decades and seen a giant, well armoured dragon and realized they have no hope of defeating it by conventional means. Instead they found a tiny chink in the armour. They know we are too big and clumsy to fight terrorism on the scale of small independent cells. Our armies are not set up that way.

There is a lot of interesting reading, as far as military literature goes concerning the battles with the Apache indians in the southwest toward the end of the nineteenth century. As far as I know they still teach cadets at West Point about the "Apache wars" and still hold those bands of ragtag, gut eating warriors up as an example of one of the most deadly and effective light calvaries in the history of warfare. Someday no doubt they will teach the same thing about today's radical Islamic terrorists.

I've already read Blowback. Do you really think our military does not study Sun Tzu also?

Tell me, what would you be different if you had 'control?'

I've already read Blowback. Do you really think our military does not study Sun Tzu also?

Tell me, what would you be different if you had 'control?'

Give in to any and all terrorist demands of course, since that is why we were "attacked" was because we didn't do what they wanted.

American military bases in Muslim holy lands were in place during the Clinton administration as well as U.S. support for Israel.

"American" foreign policy is not necessarily "Bush's" foreign policy. All he's done is make a bad situation worse!

So that justifies the terrorist attacks? In order to stop the attacks, the US has to give into the terrorists demands?

Dems still believe appeasement is the answer to stop terrorism

Of course. But the practices are strictly "theoretical."

For starters I would withdraw all military presence from the middle east and stop ALL U.S. support of Israel.

and as Israel is destroyed and the Jews are slaughtered - will you accept the blame or blame Bush and America?

Give in to any and all terrorist demands of course, since that is why we were "attacked" was because we didn't do what they wanted.

There you go with your gross oversimplification again!

Tell me agin Ret.Gunny.....

What are the primary "demands" of these "terrorists" that we are failing to do?

So that justifies the terrorist attacks? In order to stop the attacks, the US has to give into the terrorists demands?

Ever heard of diplomacy?

This is when you're supposed to say some cornball statement like "libs believe if we simply "talk" to terrorists they'll leave us alone."

Yes.....we should negotiate terms with our enemies. It's not a sign of weakness. We have the most powerful military on earth. Everybody knows that. We will always negotiate from a position of strength.

Dems still believe appeasement is the answer to stop terrorism

This is patently false.

Only a radical shift in the paradigm of U.S. foreign policy will "stop" terrorism and even that is questionable now. These past four years in Iraq have pretty much guaranteed several generations of radical fundamentalist muslims that will be bent on revenge against our children and grandchildren and probably their children too. One thing is perfectly clear though. "Stay the course" is only going to make things worse.

Of course. But the practices are strictly "theoretical."

For starters I would withdraw all military presence from the middle east and stop ALL U.S. support of Israel.

So, give into the terrorists demands? Not going to happen. In case you failed to notice it is American and European countries that are getting the oil out for the most part. I seriously doubt we will throw Israel to the wolves.

So, give into the terrorists demands? Not going to happen. In case you failed to notice it is American and European countries that are getting the oil out for the most part. I seriously doubt we will through Israel to the wolves.

So are you saying the "WOT" is all about oil?

Forum List

Back