Yesterday

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
Good chick-flick movie with a taste of the Twilight Zone. A mediocre musician/song writer keeps failing to be able to launch his music career. When he is at the point of giving up, he has a twilight zone moment -- there is a world wide power failure during which he is hit by a bus. After he gets out of the hospital, he realizes the world is not the same. One difference is that in this new world, The Beatles never happened, so this dude is able to make the big time performing the Beatles songs and claiming them as his own.

The chick flick element of the movie revolves around his relationship with his "manager" before he hits it big. She is a beautiful girl that he has known since childhood who was been relegated to the friend zone.

I went to see this opening night. The theater was about 75% full of people at least 50 years old or older.

Good movie to listen to Beatles songs performed by a non-Beatle. However, it the only reason of seeing the movie is the music then you can save some money by watching/listening to the Real Beatles on youtube.

I only watch action, sci-fi, thriller and/or super-hero movies in the theaters.

For the most part.

My youngest daughter is a huge Beatles fan. I have raised her well.

We were looking forward to this movie from the day we first heard about it many months ago.

Our reaction after watching it was..."meh".

Forum List

Back