Yes, Palin did stop that bridge

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
OWNED!

Yes, Palin Did Stop That Bridge - WSJ.com

Mr. Obama delivered over $100 million in earmarks to Illinois last year and has requested nearly a billion dollars in pet projects since 2005. His running mate, Joe Biden, is still indulging in earmarks, securing over $90 million worth this year.

Mrs. Palin also killed the infamous Bridge to Nowhere in her own state. Yes, she once supported the project: But after witnessing the problems created by earmarks for her state and for the nation's budget, she did what others like me have done: She changed her position and saved taxpayers millions. Even the Alaska Democratic Party credits her with killing the bridge.

When the Senate had its chance to stop the Bridge to Nowhere and transfer the money to Katrina rebuilding, Messrs. Obama and Biden voted for the $223 million earmark, siding with the old boys' club in the Senate. And to date, they still have not publicly renounced their support for the infamous earmark.

In other words, she was for it before she was against it.

What bullshit.

"But, you know, when you've been taking all these earmarks when it's convenient, and then suddenly you're the champion anti-earmark person, that's not change. Come on! I mean, words mean something, you can't just make stuff up." -- Barack Obama, Sept. 6, 2008

Mrs. Palin used her veto pen to slash more local projects than any other governor in the state's history. She cut nearly 10% of Alaska's budget this year, saving state residents $268 million. This included vetoing a $30,000 van for Campfire USA and $200,000 for a tennis court irrigation system. She succinctly justified these cuts by saying they were "not a state responsibility." Mrs. Palin cut Alaska's federal earmark requests in half last year, one of the strongest moves against earmarks by any governor. It took real leadership to buck Alaska's decades-long earmark addiction.

Mrs. Palin also killed the infamous Bridge to Nowhere in her own state. Yes, she once supported the project: But after witnessing the problems created by earmarks for her state and for the nation's budget, she did what others like me have done: She changed her position and saved taxpayers millions. Even the Alaska Democratic Party credits her with killing the bridge.

When the Senate had its chance to stop the Bridge to Nowhere and transfer the money to Katrina rebuilding, Messrs. Obama and Biden voted for the $223 million earmark, siding with the old boys' club in the Senate. And to date, they still have not publicly renounced their support for the infamous earmark.

Mrs. Palin's record here is solid and inspiring. She will help Mr. McCain shut down the congressional favor factory, and she has a record to prove it. Actions mean something. You can't just make stuff up.

OWNED!

Mr. Obama delivered over $100 million in earmarks to Illinois last year and has requested nearly a billion dollars in pet projects since 2005. His running mate, Joe Biden, is still indulging in earmarks, securing over $90 million worth this year.

NO. She kept the money. Even built a road to nowhere with the money. She never sent the money back.

And per person, Alaska is first in earmarks per capita.

I'm going to negative rep you for being a liar or idiot. Just warning you.

Here are some other things that should alarm you. I put them together yesterday:

Sarah Palin is involved with the Alaska Independence Party. They want to break away from America and be their own country. Is there anything more anti American?

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government," Vogler said in the interview, in which he talked extensively about his desire for Alaskan secession, the key goal of the AIP.

Alaska Independence Party Founder Broadcast Hatred Of America

She lied about being against the bridge to nowhere. She only stopped the project after it became a national embarrassment and SHE KEPT THE MONEY.

Think Progress Lies To Nowhere: The McCain Campaign’s Inaccuracies On Palin’s Bridge To Nowhere Support

She says she will fight lobbyists but actually hired one to secure millions in earmarks:

Palin Hired Lobbyist to Get Millions in Earmarks | The Political Chase

Also, Palin was a Pentecostal for over 20 years. They speak in tongues and believe the “end days” are nearing. That should alarm you because Pentecostals believe the war in the middle east is the start of it all. And the GOP are trying to start a war with russia & iran, and Israel has something to do with it too. Look up End of Days.

Palin says on the video, "Pray for our military men, for our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God.

Her campaign says she doesn't mix her faith with government business. But Palin did ask her audience to pray for a $30 billion natural gas pipeline she is on a mission to build in Alaska. In the video Palin says, "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas pipeline built. So pray for that ... I can do my job there in developing my natural resources. But all of that doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart is not good with God."

Pastor Ed Kalnin, the senior pastor of Palin's former Pentecostal church, has also come under fire for his comments. In 2004, he told church members if they voted for John Kerry for president, they wouldn't get into heaven. He told them, "I question your salvation."

In other words, she was for it before she was against it.

What bullshit.

In other words... she came into a position and was presented with a situation about the bride and earmark... saw that they were supposed to receive money for this project... and after gaining knowledge on the subject and the situation she came to the right and correct conclusion that it was BULLSHIT and stood up for the right thing... exactly what a good politician and leader SHOULD do

• Thanks
Reactions: del
NO. She kept the money. Even built a road to nowhere with the money. She never sent the money back.

And per person, Alaska is first in earmarks per capita.

I'm going to negative rep you for being a liar or idiot. Just warning you.

Here are some other things that should alarm you. I put them together yesterday:

Sarah Palin is involved with the Alaska Independence Party. They want to break away from America and be their own country. Is there anything more anti American?

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government," Vogler said in the interview, in which he talked extensively about his desire for Alaskan secession, the key goal of the AIP.

Alaska Independence Party Founder Broadcast Hatred Of America

She lied about being against the bridge to nowhere. She only stopped the project after it became a national embarrassment and SHE KEPT THE MONEY.

Think Progress Lies To Nowhere: The McCain Campaign’s Inaccuracies On Palin’s Bridge To Nowhere Support

She says she will fight lobbyists but actually hired one to secure millions in earmarks:

Palin Hired Lobbyist to Get Millions in Earmarks | The Political Chase

Also, Palin was a Pentecostal for over 20 years. They speak in tongues and believe the “end days” are nearing. That should alarm you because Pentecostals believe the war in the middle east is the start of it all. And the GOP are trying to start a war with russia & iran, and Israel has something to do with it too. Look up End of Days.

Palin says on the video, "Pray for our military men, for our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God.

Her campaign says she doesn't mix her faith with government business. But Palin did ask her audience to pray for a $30 billion natural gas pipeline she is on a mission to build in Alaska. In the video Palin says, "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas pipeline built. So pray for that ... I can do my job there in developing my natural resources. But all of that doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart is not good with God."

Pastor Ed Kalnin, the senior pastor of Palin's former Pentecostal church, has also come under fire for his comments. In 2004, he told church members if they voted for John Kerry for president, they wouldn't get into heaven. He told them, "I question your salvation."

What'd I lie about? I didn't write the article...

What a moron you are...

bobo... considering the projects that get funded in Alaska that are expensive, such as oil pipeline maintenance etc... Alaska is going to get a good amount of federal funding...

And of course come the other liberal BS slogan points on religion etc... each and every one baseless and shot out of the water when the whole picture, and not just your selective tidbits, is brought to light...

stopped it and still took the money and used it for "other" pet projects...

she's a liar

as for whether Obama got earmarks for IL or not...he's not the one running around screaming how evil earmarks are...now is he?

it's called being hypocrites people...

McPain = lying hypocrites!

Last edited:
So she FLIP FLOPPED after seeing what the rest of the country thought of that bridge and the pork needed to pay for it. WOW. HOW NOBLE!

:lol:

OWNED!

Who did she hire to get earmarks for her town in Wassila? And how much did she get and how many people live there? And how many people live in Illinois compare to Wassila? Also didn't she run on the getting the bridge to nowhere platform! ALso didn't McCain have her on his lists for wastful earmarks!
Also another question for you, do really thing she is who McCain really wanted?Shouldn't the man be able to pick who he wants to have has his second in command. I truly feel bad for the guy! Maybe I should put lipstick on my brother's pitbull and she can run for VP!

OWNED!

Mrs Palin TOOK THE EARMARK MONEY anyway.....

Calling BULLCRAP on her rejection of fiscal responsibility of NOT believing in getting Earmarks and pork from our taxes, the Federal kitty....

She took the earmarked money, got it?

She believes in PORK from the federal gvt....she is lying if she says or implies otherwise.

bobo... considering the projects that get funded in Alaska that are expensive, such as oil pipeline maintenance etc... Alaska is going to get a good amount of federal funding...

And of course come the other liberal BS slogan points on religion etc... each and every one baseless and shot out of the water when the whole picture, and not just your selective tidbits, is brought to light...

You are right Dave. This is what happens when we fight fire with fire. You talk about Obama's pork projects, then we talk about Palin's, then you defend your pork and we defend....

You love this argument Dave, because on the actual issues, you suck.

Alaskan's get paid to vote GOP. The GOP/Oil Companies own Alaska. What is it now, $3k a year to every Alaskan from the oil company and government tax breaks?

Oh, and Alaska imposes a windfall profit tax on the oil companies. See how dumb we are? They get us arguing over wedge issues and meanwhile, they are robbing us blind. YOu know it's true.

The Alaska state constitution claims common heritage rights of ownership of oil and other minerals for the people of the state as a whole. Citizen dividend checks are distributed every year in Alaska out of the interest payments to an oil royalties deposit account called the Alaska Permanent Fund (APF) created in 1976 after oil was discovered on the North Slope. The APF is a public trust fund - a diversified stock, bond and real estate portfolio - into which are deposited the oil royalties received from the corporations which extract the oil from the lands of Alaska. The first citizen dividend check from the interest of the APF was issued in 1982 and was for $1000 per every person for everyone in Alaska who had resided in the state for at least one year. Annual citizen dividends have been issued every year since then, for a total of more than $23,000 per person.

In 2003, each of the nearly 600,000 Alaska US citizens (residents of Alaska for at least one year) received a check for $1,107 from the APF.

Earth Rights Institute - Citizen Dividends And Oil Resource Rents

You are right Dave. This is what happens when we fight fire with fire. You talk about Obama's pork projects, then we talk about Palin's, then you defend your pork and we defend....

You love this argument Dave, because on the actual issues, you suck.

Alaskan's get paid to vote GOP. The GOP/Oil Companies own Alaska. What is it now, $3k a year to every Alaskan from the oil company and government tax breaks?

Oh, and Alaska imposes a windfall profit tax on the oil companies. See how dumb we are? They get us arguing over wedge issues and meanwhile, they are robbing us blind. YOu know it's true.

The Alaska state constitution claims common heritage rights of ownership of oil and other minerals for the people of the state as a whole. Citizen dividend checks are distributed every year in Alaska out of the interest payments to an oil royalties deposit account called the Alaska Permanent Fund (APF) created in 1976 after oil was discovered on the North Slope. The APF is a public trust fund - a diversified stock, bond and real estate portfolio - into which are deposited the oil royalties received from the corporations which extract the oil from the lands of Alaska. The first citizen dividend check from the interest of the APF was issued in 1982 and was for $1000 per every person for everyone in Alaska who had resided in the state for at least one year. Annual citizen dividends have been issued every year since then, for a total of more than $23,000 per person.

In 2003, each of the nearly 600,000 Alaska US citizens (residents of Alaska for at least one year) received a check for $1,107 from the APF.

Earth Rights Institute - Citizen Dividends And Oil Resource Rents

$3200 a year for every man, woman and child....bought....

Do you have a link for this? Cause I'm pretty sure the money went to Katrina Relief.

Virtually every media outlet -- from the Wall Street Journal to FactCheck.org -- that has investigated the claim has found it to be a wholesale fiction. Though Palin did abandon her onetime support for the bridge after winning Alaska's governorship, she did so only after federal dollars dried up. Moreover, she kept the federal funds already given to Alaska.

Palin Repeats "Bridge To Nowhere" Falsehood Again Despite Intense Criticism

Forum List

Back