Yes, one CAN shoot an escaping mass-murderer

Chances are the shootout isn’t going to go the way you think it is.

Dude, you're out in left field. I only posited that one CAN shoot a fleeing mass murderer and NOT be charged. I never said anything about getting into shootouts or becoming Dirty Fucking Harry.

If the individual is fleeing, then he likely could be charged (proprietorial discretion).

You mean like the citizen in Texas that pursued and shot a FLEEING mass-murderer?

If the individual is fleeing, then he likely could be charged (proprietorial discretion).

You mean like the citizen in Texas that pursued and shot a FLEEING mass-murderer?

Sorry, I miss spelled Prosecutorial discretion. Not sure of the reason that this would have been used, but it is likely. Unless you have an immediate threat to yourself, or can prove there was an immediate threat to others, you would not, in most jurisdictions be allowed to shoot.

Not that I agree, but I think I am correct.

I appreciate your feedback. However, if I shoot and kill someone who had just murdered 26 people and is FLEEING and on the verge of escaping, I believe that I am correct to say that there isn't a DA in the country that would charge me. We can agree to disagree.

I appreciate your feedback. However, if I shoot and kill someone who had just murdered 26 people and is FLEEING and on the verge of escaping, I believe that I am correct to say that there isn't a DA in the country that would charge me. We can agree to disagree.

You might be right, but that's a guess, not the law.

It's an educated guess based on the 1985 SCOTUS ruling (as cited in my OP) and the recent case of the Texan citizen who shot the church shooter. I believe that the aforementioned ruling could certainly extend to a civilian, if it hasn't already. It would be nice to have feedback from some legal scholars. Until then... :)

It's an educated guess based on the 1985 SCOTUS ruling (as cited in my OP) and the recent case of the Texan citizen who shot the church shooter. I believe that the aforementioned ruling could certainly extend to a civilian, if it hasn't already. It would be nice to have feedback from some legal scholars. Until then... :)

You probably have a District Attorney in your location. Ring em up and see what they say.

Again, not saying you are not right, but the law exists for a reason, that reason is that you don't shoot, say an under cover cop that has his gun drawn and you mistake him as the perp, or an armed citizen with gun drawn in self defense.

In more proof that you are wrong, you can be charged for thinking you are a cop, and as a citizen you better not make a single mistake.

Man shopping for coffee creamer at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have

After yet another mass shooting, a concerned citizen saw a man carrying a gun. The man was legally carrying. If a cop had jumped him, the cop would have gotten off with the department saying the officer was doing his duty. If a cop had drawn and fired, same result. The argument would be the cop had no way to know the man was innocent. The citizen was arrested for felony battery. He was convicted by a jury.

Florida Man Found Guilty of Battery For Attacking Concealed Carrier - Bearing Arms - Concealed Carry, Florida

You do not have the authority of a cop. A citizen can not enforce non existent laws because they thought they were right. A citizen can not attack someone because they thought it was OK for a cop to do it. I would say if you wanted to do that sort of thing, join the cops, but they have too many jackassed morons who do that sort of thing already. One more certainty won’t help their image or reputation.

Your argument that the cops have the authority so you as a citizen have it is asinine. You can’t put emergency lights on your car because the cops can. You can’t pull over a car because you think the driver is drunk. You do not have the authority of a cop.

Foster thought he was a hero. He believed he was trying to save lives. He went to jail. He was convicted. He was sentenced to among other things probation and anger management. He lost the right to own firearms himself.

He did not prevent a mass shooting. He did not save lives. He wasn’t a hero. He was found to be what he had been all his life. An enormous ass.

In more proof that you are wrong, you can be charged for thinking you are a cop, and as a citizen you better not make a single mistake.

Man shopping for coffee creamer at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have

After yet another mass shooting, a concerned citizen saw a man carrying a gun. The man was legally carrying. If a cop had jumped him, the cop would have gotten off with the department saying the officer was doing his duty. If a cop had drawn and fired, same result. The argument would be the cop had no way to know the man was innocent. The citizen was arrested for felony battery. He was convicted by a jury.

Florida Man Found Guilty of Battery For Attacking Concealed Carrier - Bearing Arms - Concealed Carry, Florida

You do not have the authority of a cop. A citizen can not enforce non existent laws because they thought they were right. A citizen can not attack someone because they thought it was OK for a cop to do it. I would say if you wanted to do that sort of thing, join the cops, but they have too many jackassed morons who do that sort of thing already. One more certainty won’t help their image or reputation.

Your argument that the cops have the authority so you as a citizen have it is asinine. You can’t put emergency lights on your car because the cops can. You can’t pull over a car because you think the driver is drunk. You do not have the authority of a cop.

Foster thought he was a hero. He believed he was trying to save lives. He went to jail. He was convicted. He was sentenced to among other things probation and anger management. He lost the right to own firearms himself.

He did not prevent a mass shooting. He did not save lives. He wasn’t a hero. He was found to be what he had been all his life. An enormous ass.

I never argued that citizens have the same legal powers as police.

It is evident that you are very mentally ill. You continue to pull things out of your ass and ascribe them to me. And when I ask you simple questions you run like the kunt that you are.

I never argued that citizens have the same legal powers as police.

It is evident that you are very mentally ill. You continue to pull things out of your ass and ascribe them to me. And when I ask you simple questions you run like the kunt that you are.

But you do. Your thread started with the argument that if the police can shoot a fleeing felon, than you can to, and be protected by the same Supreme Court Argument. Or have you forgotten what you wrote.

Forum List

Back