Yes! Of Course! Now I can make sense of the AGWCult!

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
"Hot weather leads to diminished “coital frequency," according to a new working paper put out by the National Bureau of Economic Research. Three economists studied 80 years of U.S. fertility and temperature data and found that when it’s hotter than 80 degrees F, a large decline in births follows within 10 months. Would-be parents tend not to make up for lost time in subsequent, cooler months. "

OMG! How could it be otherwise! They suffer from diminished coital frequency and claim that the fault, Dear Denier, lies in the climate, and not themselves that they're just not making it.

Climate Change Kills the Mood: Economists Warn of Less Sex on a Warmer Planet

This is surreal.. Can't believe I'm depending on BloomBerg for important financial news and their staff is out measuring the coital rates and hyping the GW circus?? Is there any news media left with PRIDE and integrity?

Wait up a darn minute.. I was ROFLing over this at lunch and realized that this is a VERY important GW document. Any eco-leftist will tell you that the enviro problems all stem from too many humans on the planet. And they will also tell you that is unsustainable.

Well -- If this study is true and they can quantify the reduction in pro-creation caused by 1degC --- then the IPCC ought to JUMP on this. Because it's a NEGATIVE feedback on GWarming. And maybe the most important one !!!

Because 2 or 3% less humans on the planet every year adds up like interest on a savings account. And that's a crapload less carbon dioxide used and put into the atmosphere. What a wonderful "intelligent design" feature put in there to "save the planet"..

In the models NOW folks.. Call your favorite climate crocker and demand it..

Next question is -- do termites fornicate less as GW progresses? That's a golden opportunity for some GW science funding right there...

Last edited:
Did anyone read the study that this turd comes from? They took an 80degF threshold and found 0.3% effect (or some tiny result).. That's one of the problems with the media -- they can't tell real science stories from bad science stories. Or -- they just look at the titles and the Press Release and spin it into something it aint..

Just like that Joe Romm crap a couple days ago where he took a serious study about "indoor pollution" from Green building standards and made it into a story about GWarming..

Did anyone read the study that this turd comes from? They took an 80degF threshold and found 0.3% effect (or some tiny result).. That's one of the problems with the media -- they can't tell real science stories from bad science stories. Or -- they just look at the titles and the Press Release and spin it into something it aint..

Just like that Joe Romm crap a couple days ago where he took a serious study about "indoor pollution" from Green building standards and made it into a story about GWarming..

They are trying to spin everything today. It doesn't matter if its true or totally irrelevant to the lie the have spun. The media makes it a head line and the low information voter eats the shit they spew.. They are so totally invested in this power grab and desperate now that the public is waking up, they will use anything. The lie is unraveling and time is short.

Sadly we have millions who would rather remain ignorant and be useful idiots than to use their brains and cognitive thought. The liberal school system and lazy parents are to blame.

They are trying to spin everything today. It doesn't matter if its true or totally irrelevant to the lie the have spun. The media makes it a head line and the low information voter eats the shit they spew.. They are so totally invested in this power grab and desperate now that the public is waking up, they will use anything. The lie is unraveling and time is short.

Sadly we have millions who would rather remain ignorant and be useful idiots than to use their brains and cognitive thought. The liberal school system and lazy parents are to blame.
well again, with no accountability, what does it matter to them? Society in a nut shell has gone to shite. In a hand-basket.

There have been myths about what causes higher birth rates for a long time, many of them declaring the northeast blackout of 1965 caused a birth spike nine months later. That one was debunked in 1970 once the actual data was looked at, but the urban legend lived on.

The Effect of the Great Blackout of 1965 on Births in New York City on JSTOR

But yes, I agree how our nutty conservative mainstream media stinks at science reporting. I don't see how anyone can miss that. The more conservative they are, the worse at science they are. I mean, some of the media has actually treated deniers as something besides conspiracy cultists, that's how bad at science they've been.

As far as this particular paper goes, I can't see the numbers, so I can't comment on it. But it's certainly worth continuing to look at, as it costs very little, and more data means better results.

But yes, I agree how our nutty conservative mainstream media stinks at science reporting. I don't see how anyone can miss that. The more conservative they are, the worse at science they are. I mean, some of the media has actually treated deniers as something besides conspiracy cultists, that's how bad at science they've been.

Sure... It's a "Conservative" thing. That's why all these 1000s of harebrained claims of stuff related to global warming make it to the public. Including that chronic tale-teller Joe Romm who last week turned a "Green building pollution" paper into a statement on Global Warming.

Some of these crap science studies got funded in the 1st place because of the BOATLOADS of cash for "science" that can blame EVERY issue on a 1deg temperature rise.. Yeppers -- Only if those Conservatives would just scram..

You seem to be the only one here who has heard of this supposed Joe Romm paper, which kind of puts a damper on your claim that the media supposedly jumped all over it. I think the evidence there points more towards manufactured conservative hysteria.

You miss the thread? Was brought in here by a "non-regular". Means the exposure to the public was probably significant. Ain't the first or 12th time that Joe Romm has done this. He's the golden boy of green tech news.

You just never noticed him...

Don't know and don't care who Joe Rom is. If you want real information on the evidence for the ongoing warming and climate changes, go to the AGU Conferance sites. There you can get actual videos of lectures by some of the world's leading scientists on this subject.

Video On-Demand Lectures and Sessions - AGU Fall Meeting 2012
Chapman Conference on Climate Science Communications Sessions and Lectures - YouTube
AGU Virtual Options 2014

Of course, for those of limited intellect and honesty, there is always Drudge, WUWT, and the National Enquirer.

Don't know and don't care who Joe Rom is. If you want real information on the evidence for the ongoing warming and climate changes, go to the AGU Conferance sites. There you can get actual videos of lectures by some of the world's leading scientists on this subject.

Video On-Demand Lectures and Sessions - AGU Fall Meeting 2012
Chapman Conference on Climate Science Communications Sessions and Lectures - YouTube
AGU Virtual Options 2014

Of course, for those of limited intellect and honesty, there is always Drudge, WUWT, and the National Enquirer.
I wish you all knew how to use those sites. See those sites post up science material for all to review, so one doesn't need to wander around the internet trying to find them. so that is no different than what you just did. Do you understand that? Or is that beyond your comprehension?

One of the LOUDEST and most quoted "science journalists" in the Left wing media..

Despite your deflection attempt, I still note your failure to point to the mythical Joe Romm paper about how green building pollution proves global warming, which the liberal media then supposedly pushed. You backpedaled to a Atlantic piece on Romm and politics, and to pretending I said hadn't heard of Romm. So, are you officially abandoning your claim about the mystery paper?

Probably not. "The liberal media pushes bad climate science!" has become one of those denier "facts" that have transcended our mundane reality and become an item of faith.

One of the LOUDEST and most quoted "science journalists" in the Left wing media..

Despite your deflection attempt, I still note your failure to point to the mythical Joe Romm paper about how green building pollution proves global warming, which the liberal media then supposedly pushed. You backpedaled to a Atlantic piece on Romm and politics, and to pretending I said hadn't heard of Romm. So, are you officially abandoning your claim about the mystery paper?

Probably not. "The liberal media pushes bad climate science!" has become one of those denier "facts" that have transcended our mundane reality and become an item of faith.

That's because you're too lazy to go to the "Makes Johnny Stupid" thread you were on -- and then forgot.

I gave the links thru the Joe Romm fart piece to the ORIGINAL science paper he used to project all that GWarming nonsense onto it.. The ORIGINAL paper had nothing at all to do with Global Warming. Joe Romm has the skills to make it about GWarming so he can keep the movement twitching in a death spiral..

Forum List

Back