Yes, Mr. Prez...government restrictions on antibiotics will certainly reduce infection rates

Looking for what part that you Luddites object to....

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House on Friday announced a five-year plan to fight the threat posed by antibiotic-resistant bacteria amid fears that once-treatable germs could become deadly.

Repeated exposure to antibiotics can lead germs to become resistant to the drugs, so that they are no longer effective. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that drug-resistant bacteria cause 23,000 deaths and 2 million illnesses each year in the United States.

The World Health Organization said last year that bacteria resistant to antibiotics have spread to every part of the world and might lead to a future where minor infections could kill. Antibiotic resistance also threatens animal health, agriculture, and the economy.

In an interview with WebMD, President Barack Obama said over-prescribing antibiotics is a serious problem.

"Studies have consistently shown that a lot of America's antibiotic use is unnecessary," he said. He said he hopes his plan will create a system to show real-time rates of antibiotic use and where cases of drug resistance are being reported. "If we can see where these drugs are being over-prescribed, we can target our interventions where they're needed most."

The White House's overall goal is to prevent and contain outbreaks of infections at home and abroad. It's aiming to maintain the ability of current antibiotics to fight illnesses and develop new treatments.

The plan is the result of an order Obama signed in September forming a task force on the issue. Obama also has asked Congress to nearly double its funding to fight antibiotic resistance to $1.2 billion.

Critics say they wish the White House would go further, particularly in terms of the antibiotics used in animals processed for meat. The Food and Drug Administration has already successfully encouraged many drug companies to phase out the use of antibiotics used for animal growth promotion, but advocacy groups have called on the agency to limit other uses of animal antibiotics as well, such as for disease prevention when holding animals in crowded conditions.

"The plan continues to allow the routine feeding of antibiotics to animals that live in the crowded conditions endemic to industrial farms," said Mae Wu, health attorney at the Natural Resources Defense Council. "Our government should be taking steps to reduce antibiotics to protect our health, rather than protecting poor industry practices."
Thing is...Obama isn't the only person saying this about drug resistant bacteria. If he did nothing about it...kgirl and her ilk would bitch the same as him doing something. Their hate for black people has ruined every logical bone in their body and their only goal is to manufacture some hug controversy over the smallest of actions or words.

yes, it's always a good idea when the government determines it needs to restrict public access to medicine.
Yeah..helping to create a drug resistant strain of bacteria by encouraging over-prescribing makes so much sense!

Why do teapers try so hard to destroy America with bullshit hate politics.

The way to reduce antibiotic resistent germs is tort reform. Rein in the lawyers suing the doctors.
Hell, I wish more doctors would get sued, along with hospitals and labs. 400,000 die each year from infections they get while in hospitals. Labs tests blood, urine, and other things, and often times do a rush rush job and never catch half the problems. Doctors charge an arm and leg for their services, yet there's more bad health in this country than most other industrialized nation. We have more doctors, more nurses, more lab techs, more clinics, and more pharmasecuticals that any other nation, yet, we have the poorest health care record of any of them.

Hospitals are constantly being told to do a better job of cleaning instruments and test equipment. And, what makes matters worse, hospitals charge $1,800 a day for a tiny filthy room. $5.00 for an aspirin, and $30.00 to $40.00 for a meal that I wouldn't feed my wife's dog. Doctors charge $250.00 for an office visit that consist of a 5 minute conversation that could easily be handled over the phone. An MRI is upwards of $4,000 here in Georgia, and it takes from 10 to 20 minutes. A simple blood test by a lab cost me $2,500, and urine test cost me almost as much. The entire health care industry is infested with bad doctors, high cost, and fraud. Check the numbers on Medicare and Medicaid fraud each year. Everyone in the health care industry is getting filthy rich including pharmasecuticls and hospitals.

I'd love to see all the hospitals taken to court for killing so many citizens each year. Yet, they're still in business and raking in the money. Go figure. Health care is a scam and a fraud in this country. Even insurance companies are riding the money wave.

Black people will probably die off first, nutz. After all, they are suffering the highest rates of STDS and other infectious diseases that are primarily treated with antibiotics.
:lol: Typcal racist teaper, always making it about race. Flawed logic and hate....what a pathetic loser.

The way to reduce antibiotic resistent germs is tort reform. Rein in the lawyers suing the doctors.
Hell, I wish more doctors would get sued, along with hospitals and labs. 400,000 die each year from infections they get while in hospitals. Labs tests blood, urine, and other things, and often times do a rush rush job and never catch half the problems. Doctors charge an arm and leg for their services, yet there's more bad health in this country than most other industrialized nation. We have more doctors, more nurses, more lab techs, more clinics, and more pharmasecuticals that any other nation, yet, we have the poorest health care record of any of them.

Hospitals are constantly being told to do a better job of cleaning instruments and test equipment. And, what makes matters worse, hospitals charge $1,800 a day for a tiny filthy room. $5.00 for an aspirin, and $30.00 to $40.00 for a meal that I wouldn't feed my wife's dog. Doctors charge $250.00 for an office visit that consist of a 5 minute conversation that could easily be handled over the phone. An MRI is upwards of $4,000 here in Georgia, and it takes from 10 to 20 minutes. A simple blood test by a lab cost me $2,500, and urine test cost me almost as much. The entire health care industry is infested with bad doctors, high cost, and fraud. Check the numbers on Medicare and Medicaid fraud each year. Everyone in the health care industry is getting filthy rich including pharmasecuticls and hospitals.

I'd love to see all the hospitals taken to court for killing so many citizens each year. Yet, they're still in business and raking in the money. Go figure. Health care is a scam and a fraud in this country. Even insurance companies are riding the money wave.

Fortunately, progressive politicians have taken up your cause. That must make you happy. Which progressive are you supporting for office?

Black people will probably die off first, nutz. After all, they are suffering the highest rates of STDS and other infectious diseases that are primarily treated with antibiotics.
:lol: Typcal racist teaper, always making it about race. Flawed logic and hate....what a pathetic loser.
You brought up race, ding dong.

Yeah...instead you have to spend time at the hospital so they can monitor your infection so it doesnt get to serious.
Extra time in the hospital as opposed to dying from a simple infection! Is your hate really that strong? Options...fighting the creation anti-biotic resistant bacteria or assist in the creation of a deadly bacteria.

It would be one thing if only liberals were concerned...but that is not the case...this is an apolitical medical issue that is being addressed WORLDWIDE!

Teapers hate America and would rather see people die than support an a political move by a negro President.

And you proved my point, ho-ho. Its about race to you and nothing else.

You didn't make a point, psycho.

The anti-science admin:

"The federal government last week announced it was taking the unusual step of temporarily stopping funds for a certain type of studies involving influenza, SARS, and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. The government asked all scientists involved in such work—called gain-of-function (GOF) research—to voluntarily halt their studies for a review of their potential risks and benefits."

Why the Government Shouldn t Be Stopping Flu Research

You didn't make a point, psycho.
Exactly, you made it for me...slut.

Yeah...instead you have to spend time at the hospital so they can monitor your infection so it doesnt get to serious.
Extra time in the hospital as opposed to dying from a simple infection! Is your hate really that strong? Options...fighting the creation anti-biotic resistant bacteria or assist in the creation of a deadly bacteria.

It would be one thing if only liberals were concerned...but that is not the case...this is an apolitical medical issue that is being addressed WORLDWIDE!

Teapers hate America and would rather see people die than support an a political move by a negro President.

Yeah..because the poor can really afford the time in the hospital. Why do you hate poor people?

The anti-science admin:

"The federal government last week announced it was taking the unusual step of temporarily stopping funds for a certain type of studies involving influenza, SARS, and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. The government asked all scientists involved in such work—called gain-of-function (GOF) research—to voluntarily halt their studies for a review of their potential risks and benefits."

Why the Government Shouldn t Be Stopping Flu Research
And this has to do with the OP, how?

Yeah..because the poor can really afford the time in the hospital. Why do you hate poor people?
Why can't they afford time in the hospital? Are you now supporting the ACA? If the bacteria is drug resistant...they will be spending time with a tag on their toe. Is that what you want, to kill off poor people? Are you trying to free America f trailer trash?

The worst drug resistant bacteria come from hospitals, anyway.

I love anti-science progressives.

Why can't they afford time in the hospital? Are you now supporting the ACA? If the bacteria is drug resistant...they will be spending time with a tag on their toe. Is that what you want, to kill off poor people? Are you trying to free America f trailer trash?

So who's gonna pay that deductible? How many days of min wage can they afford to lose?
You're one short sided nimrod.

Forum List

Back