YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

The Founding Fathers Were Not Christians

by Steven Morris, in Free Inquiry, Fall, 1995

"The Christian right is trying to rewrite the history of the United States as part of its campaign to force its religion on others. They try to depict the founding fathers as pious Christians who wanted the United States to be a Christian nation, with laws that favored Christians and Christianity.

This is patently untrue. The early presidents and patriots were generally Deists or Unitarians, believing in some form of impersonal Providence but rejecting the divinity of Jesus and the absurdities of the Old and New testaments.

Thomas Paine was a pamphleteer whose manifestos encouraged the faltering spirits of the country and aided materially in winning the war of Independence:
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."
The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, pp. 8,9 (Republished 1984, Prometheus Books, Buffalo, NY)

Vikings and Native Americans and Europeans and Africans and all sorts of people founded "America", just not Christians.

The Vikings may well have landed in North America but didn't impact a lot on it.
The Native Americans were murdered in large numbers and the Africans were mostly slaves.

The Christian invaders were the ones who did the damage.

So start your own thread about that dumb fuck. This thread is about the founding fathers of America being Christians.

What you're saying is, the thread is about the Christian invasion of North America but not about the bits of the Christian invasion of North America you don't want mentioning.

Talk about editing history.

Perhaps Thomas Paine is 'on topic'.

Paine,a part time pirate and failed businessman, went to the US after no fucker wanted him in England any more.
Especially his wives, who he beat mercilessly.
The sacked for being useless, tax man buggered off to America to cause more trouble.
Eventually, he got a fuck off tablet from the new United states because he was a gobby bastard so he went to France where he was almost executed for sticking his fat nose into French politics.
He eventually got off but couldn't go back to England because he was hated by pretty much everyone so he was granted a small farm back in the ex colony.
That went bust and he died, a sad, lonely bastard, buried in the corner of his field because the local Quakers didn't want the git in their graveyard.

Robert G. Ingersoll said:
He had lived long, did some good and much harm." Only six mourners came to his funeral, two of whom were black, most likely freedmen.

The Life and Works of Thomas Paine said:
we must be compelled to hold this doctrine to be false, and the old and new law called the Old and New Testament, to be impositions, fables and forgeries.

That's a founding father giving the bible a fucking - is that on topic?
If so, can you explain how Pain (not a typo) founded the US on Christian values?

We're not a Christian country we're a Muslim country

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmuE-kNgeSA]Obama Says America Muslim Nation - YouTube[/ame]

The fact is that the USA is generally a nation of Christians (almost 70% of religious America is some form of Christian).

The fact is that the Founders formed a secular nation.

This is what is being taught overwhelmingly in our public schools and institutions of higher learning.

Fact: for Christians, belief or disbelief in evolution is not a salvation issue.

Fact: for Christians, the USA is a secular nation.

Fact: for Christians, the old style evangelicalism is growing weaker in strength and numbers and percentage per capital.

Hell Muslims even discovered America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6bARRmEpH8]US Textbooks: Muslims Discovered America - YouTube[/ame]

Seamen from Europe, Africa, and Asia all arrived in America at one time or another.

The white invaders of Indian lands introduced Christianity to those lands.
They had to murder a lot of the Indians to do so but I'm sure that, along with the rapes, murdering Indian children and so on, were entirely justified.

Yes we brought Christianity with us. That's the point.

The rest of your post is entirely off topic.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Mahatma Gandhi

He may have been speaking of you, Pale Rider

The US was not established AS a Christian nation. It was created in a milieu that was rich in references to and literature concerning Christianity.
The US is not a Christian country. The majority of its population refers to itself as Christian. The two are not synonymous.

Sunday is the Christian day of worship.
Muslims have Friday
Jews have Saturday.

In our Constitution it says we will do no Government business on Sundays.
We have Christian Chaplains open with prayer every day.
Congress did have bibles printed up to be taught in our schools.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams (Federer, p. 10)

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible" George Washington (Federer, p.660)

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.... And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion ... Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail to the exclusion of religious principle." George Washington's Farewell Address

These are facts.

Well then if this is a Christian nation, why does the US rightwinged religious christians object to welfare so much and want to wage war?

Sunday is the Christian day of worship.
Muslims have Friday
Jews have Saturday.

In our Constitution it says we will do no Government business on Sundays.
We have Christian Chaplains open with prayer every day.
Congress did have bibles printed up to be taught in our schools.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams (Federer, p. 10)

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible" George Washington (Federer, p.660)

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.... And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion ... Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail to the exclusion of religious principle." George Washington's Farewell Address

These are facts.

It remains that the US is not a Christian country, especially if judged by actions.

Well then if this is a Christian nation, why does the US rightwinged religious Christians object to welfare so much and want to wage war?

Christian's do not object to welfare. They object to the way Government sets up the welfare system that keeps generations of people in that system and broke up the 2 parent's to help raise their children.

War will always be around, because there is evil out there in the world.

That is the perception of a minority of American far extremist right wing Christians.

The majority of Christians in America, historically, obviously think differently, Peach.

Well then if this is a Christian nation, why does the US rightwinged religious Christians object to welfare so much and want to wage war?

Christian's do not object to welfare. They object to the way Government sets up the welfare system that keeps generations of people in that system and broke up the 2 parent's to help raise their children.

War will always be around, because there is evil out there in the world.

Last edited:
Obama is a Muslim as much as Reaper and Pale.

Jake I'm actually and Infidel and proud of it. I guess I didn't convey well the sarcasm behind the posts. Islam trys to take credit for everything including the founding of the USA even though it's Obvious that the country was founded Primarily by Christians, my family being some of those Christians here since 1630-5. I also have a few preachers in my family past and present so I totally agree with you. Exposing Islam's lies is one of my favorite pastimes. Americans support and defend Islam as a legit religion when they really haven't got a clue what it's all about. It's a cult at best and a bad one at that. I agree Obama is Muslim and using Takeya(taquia) to cover it up. I have no love for Islam and never will.

Then you are a fellow loon and lackey like Pale.

Obama is a Muslim as much as Reaper and Pale.

Jake I'm actually and Infidel and proud of it. I guess I didn't convey well the sarcasm behind the posts. Islam trys to take credit for everything including the founding of the USA even though it's Obvious that the country was founded Primarily by Christians, my family being some of those Christians here since 1630-5. I also have a few preachers in my family past and present so I totally agree with you. Exposing Islam's lies is one of my favorite pastimes. Americans support and defend Islam as a legit religion when they really haven't got a clue what it's all about. It's a cult at best and a bad one at that. I agree Obama is Muslim and using Takeya(taquia) to cover it up. I have no love for Islam and never will.

Forum List

Back