Yeah, I'm A Conservative Who Rejects The New War Plan

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
I'm a conservative in part because I can't relate to the airheads who formulate and promulgate the liberal/leftist POV and the idiot ideologues who pompously spew it here.
But Obama is my president and I still respect the man and the office. That said, I disagree with American airpower being used to save Syria from ISIS. Assad has stated our help is unwelcome and, as such, I believe we should chase the barbaric suckers out of Iraq and into Syria and let Assad and his people deal with them.

"... I believe in market solutions and I believe in common sense realities and [the] necessity [for America] to defend itself against a dangerous world. The problem is now I have to be homophobic. I have to count the number of times people go to church. I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con. I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride. And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect in the 21st Century. Most of all, the biggest new requirement – the only requirement – is that I have to hate Democrats.” -Will McAvoy (HBO's The Newsroom)

"... I believe in market solutions and I believe in common sense realities and [the] necessity [for America] to defend itself against a dangerous world. The problem is now I have to be homophobic. I have to count the number of times people go to church. I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con. I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride. And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect in the 21st Century. Most of all, the biggest new requirement – the only requirement – is that I have to hate Democrats.” -Will McAvoy (HBO's The Newsroom)

Why did you append Sorkin's mindless blather to your post? That's a far lefty's caricature of what he imagines constitutes conservatives and do you see how he implicitly inflates his own self-image.

I don't have to be homophobic.
I don't go to church at all, never mind counting when I do.
I don't deny facts, I freaking love making the world of liberals very uncomfortable by rubbing their noses in facts.
I'm neck deep in scientific research. The liberalism in academia is not as pervasive in sciences, math and engineering.
I don't have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride. I'm constantly advocating policies which help America's poor and Democrats don't want to help.
I love education, I have benefited from education. I simply reject the liberal efforts to use education to indoctrinate students with liberalism.
I do hate Democrats. People hate traitors. What can I say. Even a stop clock gives correct time twice a day. Sorkin got this part right.

There is no plan. There is no coalition. Assad has actually said that he is willing to work with us. He is the only one in the middle east who is. If that diarrhea stream that passes himself off as president choom gang invades Syria without the agreement of Damascus Syria and Russia will consider it an act of war and they should.

America is in huge need of a great wad of toilet paper to wipe the obama off of our asses.

I'm a conservative in part because I can't relate to the airheads who formulate and promulgate the liberal/leftist POV and the idiot ideologues who pompously spew it here.
But Obama is my president and I still respect the man and the office. That said, I disagree with American airpower being used to save Syria from ISIS. Assad has stated our help is unwelcome and, as such, I believe we should chase the barbaric suckers out of Iraq and into Syria and let Assad and his people deal with them.

What about the Iraqi constitution that Republicans helped them write. Do you like that? It's available on line. What do you think about what it says about religion? About health care?

Why did you append Sorkin's mindless blather to your post? That's a far lefty's caricature of what he imagines constitutes conservatives and do you see how he implicitly inflates his own self-image.

I don't deny facts, I freaking love making the world of liberals very uncomfortable by rubbing their noses in facts.
I'm neck deep in scientific research. The liberalism in academia is not as pervasive in sciences, math and engineering.
I don't have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride. I'm constantly advocating policies which help America's poor and Democrats don't want to help.
I love education, I have benefited from education. I simply reject the liberal efforts to use education to indoctrinate students with liberalism.
I do hate Democrats. People hate traitors. What can I say. Even a stop clock gives correct time twice a day. Sorkin got this part right.

Curious.

You can go on line and look at science and math organizations like these:

List of organizations for women in science - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

or this:

Women Minority Science Organizations

NOBCChE
National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists

suprising number of organization like this:

BioSpace - National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals Inc. News Search Jobs Events

But when I do a search like this or anything similair:

organization of conservative scientists

What I get are articles like this:

Conservative Trust Of Science At All Time Low Study Confirms Chris Mooney Thesis ThinkProgress

Organizing denial Conservative 8220 think tanks 8221 and the political tactic of environmental 8220 skepticism 8221 Climate Science Watch

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans Pew Poll

Scientists leave GOP due to attitudes toward science The Salt Lake Tribune

And look at that last one. Coming from the very conservative Salt Lake City Tribune.

Aren't you curious why that is? Scientists are generally curious people. Conservatives are threatened by curiosity or haven't you noticed?

Curious.

You can go on line and look at science and math organizations like these:

List of organizations for women in science - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

or this:

Women Minority Science Organizations

NOBCChE
National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists

suprising number of organization like this:

BioSpace - National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals Inc. News Search Jobs Events

But when I do a search like this or anything similair:

organization of conservative scientists

What I get are articles like this:

Conservative Trust Of Science At All Time Low Study Confirms Chris Mooney Thesis ThinkProgress

Organizing denial Conservative 8220 think tanks 8221 and the political tactic of environmental 8220 skepticism 8221 Climate Science Watch

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans Pew Poll

Scientists leave GOP due to attitudes toward science The Salt Lake Tribune

And look at that last one. Coming from the very conservative Salt Lake City Tribune.

Aren't you curious why that is? Scientists are generally curious people. Conservatives are threatened by curiosity or haven't you noticed?

That's simple to explain. Two things are going on. 1.) Smarter people choose not to go to graduate school because their skills are valued in the marketplace. 2.) Many of those who do complete their Ph.D's in science leave for more lucrative careers in the private sector.

Those who do not go on to graduate school are drawn atypically from the upper tail of the GRE quantitative distribution and the lower tail of the GRE verbal distribution, both of which are expected to raise their earnings. On the other hand, those who go on to graduate school are drawn disproportionately from the lower tail of the quantitative GRE distribution and from the upper tail of the GRE verbal distribution, both of which lower their opportunity costs of graduate school.
So who goes on to graduate school? The people with the weakest math & analytic skills but who can string together beautiful phrases. There's not much reward in the labor marketplace for being a talented writer.

So when you see those polls about how so many people with graduate degrees vote Democratic, what you're really seeing a whole bunch of Masters in Education, Masters in English, Masters in Womans studies. The guys who get a BS in Electrical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering or in Statistics are fully capable of going for higher degrees but there isn't much payoff for doing so. Secondly, it's a joke of monumental caliber to suggest that the typical dunce who went on to get a Masters in Education is more intelligent than the typical Electrical Engineer.

Forum List

Back