Yea, Sure everything is ok

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/housing/nevadas-foreclosure-starts-soar-334-percent-february

Nevada’s foreclosure starts jumped 334 percent in February from the same month a year ago, leading the nation in year-over-year percentage gains, online foreclosure listing service RealtyTrac reported late Wednesday.

Other states with huge spikes in foreclosure activity include Maryland (319 percent), Washington (172 percent), New York (139 percent) and New Jersey (70 percent).

RealtyTrac showed 15,281 foreclosure filings on U.S. properties in February, a 2 percent increase from the previous month but down 25 percent from a year ago. Foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.

Florida had the nation’s highest foreclosure rate for the sixth straight month with one in every 282 housing units receiving a foreclosure filing, more than three times the national average.

Nevada was No. 2 for the fifth straight month with one in every 320 housing units receiving a filing.

Smoke and mirror government :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Last edited:
You did not keep reading:

“At a high level, the U.S. foreclosure inferno has been effectively contained and should be reduced to a slow burn in the next two years,” said RealtyTrac Vice President Daren Blomquist. “But dangerous foreclosure flare-ups are still popping up in states where foreclosures have been delayed by a lengthy court process or by new legislation making it more difficult to foreclose outside of the court system.”

Apparently he didn't even read what he copied and pasted:

RealtyTrac showed 15,281 foreclosure filings on U.S. properties in February, a 2 percent increase from the previous month but down 25 percent from a year ago. Foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.

I'm losing track is this the second, third or what foreclosure wave?

When the market is already awash in short sales and foreclosures, it only follows that the "from a year ago" number will be lower.

DUUUH.

LOL

I just read that home prices are rebounding in the Phoenix area because of growing demand again--so this thing in the OP didn't make much sense to me. I know that new home construction has really picked up in this area.

New single home construction is still at 13 year lows...having said that...we should NEVER be at the levels we were in the past 10 years. We were at that level only because the system was corrupt and propped up with our tax dollars.

New single home construction is still at 13 year lows...having said that...we should NEVER be at the levels we were in the past 10 years. We were at that level only because the system was corrupt and propped up with our tax dollars.

Do you mean corrupt because of government interference.

Uh...yeah...that is what I said. :eusa_eh:

well dear if you think it was corrupt why not tell how it was corrupt and what we should do about it?

Uh...yeah...that is what I said. :eusa_eh:

well dear if you think it was corrupt why not tell how it was corrupt and what we should do about it?

Dear??...
Anyway....I also did that.
"Propping up a corrupt system with taxpayer funds"
1) Obviously that is government interference.
2) Just as obvious...the government should not be using taxpayer dollars to effect the commerce system. Which they have been doing to a GIGANTIC degree for over 20 years. And the result is an early boom - followed by a collapse.
We are in a second bubble that would not, and could not exist without the government's willingness to treat taxpayer money as handouts to the wealthiest institutions and systems in the country (well the world really)
Like I said during the idiotic Wall Street occupiers...they were occupying the wrong street...should have been on Pennsylvania avenue.

We are in a second bubble that would not, and could not exist without the government's willingness to treat taxpayer money as handouts to the wealthiest institutions and systems in the country

handouts??? are you talking in riddles about the Tarp bailouts which amounted to only $245 billion, ($244 of which was paid back) that saved the country from certain depression.

We are in a second bubble that would not, and could not exist without the government's willingness to treat taxpayer money as handouts to the wealthiest institutions and systems in the country

handouts??? are you talking in riddles about the Tarp bailouts which amounted to only $245 billion, ($244 of which was paid back) that saved the country from certain depression.

Uh...no.
Sorry - I don't have the patience or desire to fill in the significant gaps of knowledge you posses on the topic.

Uh...no.
Sorry - I don't have the patience or desire to fill in the significant gaps of knowledge you posses on the topic.

ok, your topic is handouts to the wealthiest institutions but you're afraid to present your best example so we'll know what you're talking about??

Uh...no.

ok, your topic is handouts to the wealthiest institutions but you're afraid to present your best example so we'll know what you're talking about??

:confused:...are you posting in the wrong thread?
This thread is about the home mortgage in Phoenix...which grew into the industry as a whole - now how you got from there to government handouts to the wealthy I don't know.
I

You did not keep reading:

“At a high level, the U.S. foreclosure inferno has been effectively contained and should be reduced to a slow burn in the next two years,” said RealtyTrac Vice President Daren Blomquist. “But dangerous foreclosure flare-ups are still popping up in states where foreclosures have been delayed by a lengthy court process or by new legislation making it more difficult to foreclose outside of the court system.”

The same thing was said Two years ago.

I'm losing track is this the second, third or what foreclosure wave?

It will keep on coming in bigger waves as the wage structure keeps falling...

LOL

I just read that home prices are rebounding in the Phoenix area because of growing demand again--so this thing in the OP didn't make much sense to me. I know that new home construction has really picked up in this area.

You were lied to.The only demand is apartments being built to house all those who have lost there homes to foreclosure.

Forum List

Back