yankee food? wth?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
hubby does some favor for this guy....suddenly i got yankee shit that i have no clue what it is or how to cook it...the canadian bacon i know...

bratwurst? hot dogs right?

i dont know what scrapple is and i dont think i want to know....but how does one cook it....

i think that is all let me check freezer...i got scrapple the size of a brick?

no wonder yankees are so pissed off all the time....

hubby does some favor for this guy....suddenly i got yankee shit that i have no clue what it is or how to cook it...the canadian bacon i know...

i dont know what scrapple is and i dont think i want to know....but how does one cook it....

scrapple's pretty good- slice it and fry it with eggs for breakfast.

Weren't you the one talknig about poisoning people ? :eusa_whistle:

o good point duckie...what the hell is scrapple?

o i googled it...seems to be the left over parts of pigs....which is curious what is left over....pig lips? pig dicks? what the hell is this stuff?

Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others are added. The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.[1]

Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

livermush?

Commercial scrapple often contains these traditional ingredients, with a distinctive flavor to each brand.[2] A few manufacturers have introduced beef[3] and turkey varieties and color the loaf to retain the traditional coloration derived from the original pork liver base. Home recipes for chicken and turkey scrapple are also available.[4][5]

Vegetarian scrapple, made from soy protein or wheat gluten, is offered in some places.[6] It is seasoned to be much sweeter than typical meat scrapple.

I once got 75 points for playing the word "intoxicated" in scrapple...

scrabble.png

Anyone used this in scrapple?​

Last edited:

Scrapple is leftover cornmeal mush that is mixed with herbs and a little bit of sausage or other breakfast meat, made into a loaf. You slice it and fry it, preferrably in bacon grease.

Serve it with butter and syrup, or just butter. It's yummy.

I love scrapple, but it's hard to find, and if it's old you don't want to be anywhere near it.

The mass produced stuff is just sage, sausage and white cornmeal or grits.

Forum List

Back