Xbox and Playstation Games

Circe

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2013
Aeaea
I've been playing Xbox 360 games since last year. I've done Fable III and Dante's Inferno so far and I'm on Assassin's Creed II now and have some on deck, not yet used: the other Ezio Assassin's Creed games, Oblivion and Skyrim, and I just got the new Lara Croft reboot. So that should hold me thru most of 2014!

I love these games. Stopping is the problem. Assassin's Creed roof climbing, omigod. Is that fun, or what?

Anyone else?

I just saw this post and I'm afraid I'm rater late for this discussion as well as being late for the Assassins Creed games. I just started playing Assassins Creed, but never finished it. I stopped on block 6. I then went to Assassins Creed II, finished it. Then on to the Brotherhood and just finished that one, last night. Now I am on Revelations. I can't wait until I play AC 3 and 4. This is one addictive game. Yeah, I am having fun, jumping from roof to roof and scaling walls. Now, I'm driving down the road and looking at buildings, noting climbing points, knowing full well what Ezio and Altair are doing is impossible, but it's fun to dream.

Well, here I am playing Assassins Creed 3. I'm depressed. For all its hype, it doesn't cut it for me. This Indian guy, Connor has no bells and whistle climbing gloves like Ezio. In fact, he climbs slow. Running around on rooftops is out of the question because the guards always spot you, which changes your notoriety.

In the Ezio series, I had the control and the fighting down perfectly. Here, the controls for fighting are confusing, so I just attack with the hatchet, and if my health goes down, I run.

Another problem is that when you start a mission, you have no clue what to do at first. You look around on your map, but there are no directions on what you're supposed to do like with AC1 and AC2. All of a sudden, the game goes out of synch because I didn't follow the guy I was supposed to, but nobody told me I was supposed to follow the guy. Then there was the incident at the homestead, where I'm supposed to save a guy hanging on the log, which is about to go over the falls. Not wanting the game to desynch, I quickly jump into the water. As soon as I do, I am met with an onscreen message that I need to stay out of the water and run overland and jump into the water at the last minute to stop the log. It would have been nice to receive that message before I began the sequence.

Now, I'm trying to hold the bridge at the Barret farm but must remain on horseback the entire time in order to direct the men when to fire at the red coats. Another sequence I hated was the sea battle. After that, I never went back to do any of the sea battle missions.

The previous games were great, climbing the tall towers so you could find what was there in the city, but I just can't get to the top of the trees. Tree climbing in AC3 sucks. I will finish the game, but I give this game an all around no. 1 suck. I hope Black Flag salvages this one. Well, I never did finish AC so I can always go back to that one.

Forum List

Back