WTF Mitt? A public $10,000 bet?

You know.........when I know for a fact that I'm right, the highest amount I will ever bet is what I can afford to lose.

When it's a bet that is a matter of pride and not money? A dollar.

Mitt fucked up.

It's fun watching the right wingers defend Mitt. Mitt just fed his perception as out of touch with the middle class. The optics of the bet will be used against Mitt by Perry and then by Obama. It really won't matter because you can see that Obama will crush the republican in this election. This is fun to watch, the slow eventual realization that the republicans will lose in 2012. It's starting to creep into the psyche of the right wing base.

The guy could have said "Betcha a dollar" and been just fine, but he picked a sufficiently high amount to make most people back down from even a sure thing. It's an arrogant, elitist thing to do and for this working man, about as endearing as Mr. Potter talking down to the residents of Bedford Falls. Prick.

[ame=www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWEd5u_Ihyw]One Dollar![/ame]

TM is correct. It's funny how the other Mormon in the race took him up on that bet!

With all the issues on hand, you and TM focus on that? oh brother...:rolleyes:
Now, all of a sudden character is no longer an issue for Rightwingers? :lol:

Like I keep saying: Rightwingers have no values or principles beyond personal wealth and winning elections.

You might want to look at my first post on this thread, Synth. But I do believe that leftwingers have no values in politics either. There are no borders when it comes to this kind of politicing.

Last edited:
Obama's a lock now.....:lol:
...especially if that goofball Donald Trump runs as an independent.

TM is correct. It's funny how the other Mormon in the race took him up on that bet!

Like I keep saying: Rightwingers have no values or principles beyond personal wealth and winning elections.
Some rightwingers believe in voluntary charity rather than government extortion.

Rightwingers are correctly focused on winning the next election. That is the best way to save this country from total destruction at the hands of the Marxist piper we seem to be blindly following.

The bell shaped curves of character within the liberal and conservative populations likely follow each other closely. There are likely just as many sleazy bastards in each group. Men whose character is questionable often make it to the white house and make pretty good Presidents. One must weigh all pros and cons of a man's history to accurately assess his presidential qualifications. Newt Gingrich is infinitely more qualified to be Commander in Chief than the present Muslim-lovin' Marxist we have now...despite all flaws in his marital life.

Had the numbnut libtards adequately evaluated Barack Obama before putting his sorry ass in office, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

Actually, Mormons believe you go to something called the "outer Darkness"....

Mormons believe you go to Cleveland if you’re bad?

It's fun watching the right wingers defend Mitt.

It’s fun to watch the right wingers defend any republican, regardless the issue or offence – the republican is always right. The blind, hyper- partisanism of the right is simply bizarre.

The guy could have said "Betcha a dollar" and been just fine, but he picked a sufficiently high amount to make most people back down from even a sure thing. It's an arrogant, elitist thing to do and for this working man, about as endearing as Mr. Potter talking down to the residents of Bedford Falls. Prick.

Speaking of stupid comments.... does Mitt know how many states make up this Union of ours?

If this is the best you got, you're gonna lose.

Some rightwingers believe in voluntary charity rather than government extortion.

Rightwingers are correctly focused on winning the next election. That is the best way to save this country from total destruction at the hands of the Marxist piper we seem to be blindly following.

The bell shaped curves of character within the liberal and conservative populations likely follow each other closely. There are likely just as many sleazy bastards in each group. Men whose character is questionable often make it to the white house and make pretty good Presidents. One must weigh all pros and cons of a man's history to accurately assess his presidential qualifications. Newt Gingrich is infinitely more qualified to be Commander in Chief than the present Muslim-lovin' Marxist we have now...despite all flaws in his marital life.

Had the numbnut libtards adequately evaluated Barack Obama before putting his sorry ass in office, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

How did Liberals put him in office in a Right-Center country?

For the record, I think for either side to make a big deal out of the $10,000 bet comment is petty and silly. Rick Perry, I believe honorably, attempted to use something from Mitt's book in the debate. Mitt was absolutely convinced Perry was using it out of context and incorrectly and defended his own words in his own book. The bet was a way of expressing his conviction that he could defend his point of view.

How many times have we 'bet' somebody a $100 dollars or a million dollars that we never expected to be taken seriously when we were convinced of the rightness of our fact or point of view?

For heavens sake, whether it is Obama or Mitt Romney or Rick Perry or Michelle Bachmann or any of us at USMB, if people can't find any better way to debate than to nitpick a single phrase or term or word or fact as the total of what anybody says, we are a pretty pathetic bunch.

Simple. Obama lied through his teeth yet folks believed him.

Too many on the the right stayed home rather than vote... shame on them!
I thought there was record turnout in 2008?

I checked. Yup!

2008 turnout shatters all records - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

In percentages, it falls behind only 1960, 1964, and 1968. There was even a bigger turnout for Obama-McBush than there was for Reagan-Carter.

National Voter Turnout in Federal Elections: 1960

Jey17.png

It was a dumb thing to do, no doubt.

If he said $1, it would have been much more effective.

Simple. Obama lied through his teeth yet folks believed him.
Awwww....that's cute!

What did he lie about, that got Republicans out to vote for him?

(this should be good!
Popcorn2.gif
)

You might want to look at my first post on this thread, Synth. But I do believe that leftwingers have no values in politics either. There are no borders when it comes to this kind of politicing.

You're using logic with someone who has no concept of logical thought. You're wasting bandwidth.

It was a dumb thing to do, no doubt.

If he said $1, it would have been much more effective.

But in the moment, you don't have the luxury of Sunday morning quarterbacking. I can't count the times, even remember the times, but there have been a LOT of them, after a conversation or discussion that I wished I had said thus and so or had said something differently. I would bet $10,000 that we have all been there at some time or another.

To nitpick an extemporaneous phrase or term that probably would have been said differently if the person had had time to think about it rather than focus on the intent of the comment is just silly and unfair to the person.

You're using logic with someone who has no concept of logical thought. You're wasting bandwidth.
Still got nothing but hollow insults, I see.

Go back on hiatus - you weren't missed.

Forum List

Back