Wrongly arrested Black man sues a Georgia city and police officers for excessive force and injury

That's why I advocate for all police officers to have body cams. They protect everyone. If the officer decides to turn his off, well, it will be presumed he didn't want people to see what he was about to do.

Camera's protect both parties.

Why just police officers with body cams? Why not people in all professions? Or civilians that aren't working?

The problem with police body cams is that it forces police officers to become super hard ass. They can't let anything slide. A few miles over the speed limit- pull them over, it was caught on the body cam. Face mask fails to cover a citizen's nose properly- pull them aside and right a ticket. No cop would risk pretending he didn't see an infraction

That's why I advocate for all police officers to have body cams. They protect everyone. If the officer decides to turn his off, well, it will be presumed he didn't want people to see what he was about to do.

Why just police officers with body cams? Why not people in all professions? Or civilians that aren't working?

The problem with police body cams is that it forces police officers to become super hard ass. They can't let anything slide. A few miles over the speed limit- pull them over, it was caught on the body cam. Face mask fails to cover a citizen's nose properly- pull them aside and right a ticket. No cop would risk pretending he didn't see an infraction

Is the crime rate going up and up and up?

In some places it certainly is. The murder rate went through the roof in Baltimore after the mayor attacked the police. The crime rate in New York is reaching new heights as well.

Further, the fact that many cities aren't charging all of the George Floyd Rioters doesn't mean the crimes aren't happening, even if they aren't fully counted in the official crime rates

If the police are afraid to confront a Sacred Cow- young black thugs- they aren't going to do it. Police officers usually don't have $200k sitting around the house to hire a lawyer to defend themselves against false charges. Remember , they got into the police racket to support their families by earning a paycheck.

I don't think that you know anything about Baltimore. Is the crime rate in New York actually rising? Who is doing this? If there are "young black thugs," there are "young white thugs" with tattoos and guns, too. Look at these "militia", white thugs from the scum circuit. They even call themselves "patriots."

Where are the George Floyd "rioters"? Most of the thousands of people protesting his murder are just marching down the street holding signs and chanting. Where are "young black thugs"? I have never held anything against decent cops. Ever. But we keep hearing about racist cops, on video; the dirty cops.

In some places it certainly is. The murder rate went through the roof in Baltimore after the mayor attacked the police. The crime rate in New York is reaching new heights as well.

Further, the fact that many cities aren't charging all of the George Floyd Rioters doesn't mean the crimes aren't happening, even if they aren't fully counted in the official crime rates

If the police are afraid to confront a Sacred Cow- young black thugs- they aren't going to do it. Police officers usually don't have $200k sitting around the house to hire a lawyer to defend themselves against false charges. Remember , they got into the police racket to support their families by earning a paycheck.

I don't think that you know anything about Baltimore. Is the crime rate in New York actually rising? Who is doing this? If there are "young black thugs," there are "young white thugs" with tattoos and guns, too. Look at these "militia", white thugs from the scum circuit. They even call themselves "patriots."

Where are the George Floyd "rioters"? Most of the thousands of people protesting his murder are just marching down the street holding signs and chanting. Where are "young black thugs"? I have never held anything against decent cops. Ever. But we keep hearing about racist cops, on video; the dirty cops.

People saw the rioting and looting of Macy's in Herald Square on TV. They saw the carnage on 5th Avenue, the street that the President himself used to live one, in ruins. Even more than that, since the commencement of the Floyd Riots, the market for safe suburban housing is going through the roof. People are fleeing the Big Rotten Apple and other urban Heck Holes across America.

Perception is indeed reality with crime rates, and even liberal mayors want the police to crack down. However, the libs don't want to take the blame for the beatings of thugs which are needed as well.

Because you can't force people to wear a camera. You can make it a requirement of a job.

A good number of police officers have cams now and that isn't happening so dismissed.

I saw the video. He was definitely wronged. When the cop realized it he walked away. He was upset.
That crackhead will be living the life for a couple months!

People saw the rioting and looting of Macy's in Herald Square on TV. They saw the carnage on 5th Avenue, the street that the President himself used to live one, in ruins. Even more than that, since the commencement of the Floyd Riots, the market for safe suburban housing is going through the roof. People are fleeing the Big Rotten Apple and other urban Heck Holes across America.

Perception is indeed reality with crime rates, and even liberal mayors want the police to crack down. However, the libs don't want to take the blame for the beatings of thugs which are needed as well.
Some looting and rioting on Herald Square? Nobody is "fleeing NYC." There might have been some damage, but you are exaggerating grossly. Nothing will ever bring the Big Apple down. I walked those streets as a child. Radio City twice a year. with the Rockettes at Christmas and Easter. Altmans, Macy's, Lord and Taylor's and the Birdcage Inn, and Washington Square's art show, and places like Tortilla Flats and Café Wha in the Village. There are picture of 16-year-o;d Bruce Springsteen outside of Café Wha/. My Grandmother was born on Houston Street. I have a picture taken of me in a party dress (five years old?) taken at my uncle's place at 2 East 12th. NYC is NOT going down and never will.

People will always sue the deepest pockets they can. It's all about $$$.
To me, whoever actually did the wrong should be the one who ponies up the change, no matter how long it takes them because they are who screwed up. How else will they learn if they are bailed out of the mess by anyone else?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

To me, whoever actually did the wrong should be the one who ponies up the change

Here's the thing. In a criminal prosecution, evidence of a crime has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. It is very difficult to successfully prosecute someone for a crime without undeniable evidence.

Civil litigation has a different standard of evidence, a "preponderance of the evidence ". You have to convince a judge or jury that that there was a probability that the defendant did what the plaintiff claimed did damage.

^^^ Which is why it is so awesome that cameras are all over the place now way more than they used to be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Body Worn Cameras are a cop's best friend.

You wouldn't believe how many complaints against police are withdrawn when the complainant is shown himself on video.

^^^ Which is why it is so awesome that cameras are all over the place now way more than they used to be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Body Worn Cameras are a cop's best friend.

You wouldn't believe how many complaints against police are withdrawn when the complainant is shown himself on video.

Or how often people have to fight for a long time and go to court to get the video evidence when it's not looking good for the police officer. This entire system needs changed.

Well, it's the "qualified immunity" that protects cops, and yes, even bad cops, and I think it should be easier to sue them.

If a doctor can't get malpractice insurance, they won't practice medicine. If a cop is put at risk for doing his job, he just won't do it.

Why arrest a crook when you're at risk for doing so?
Suing the police would be an industry for lawyers on late night television. Every arrest would end in a revenge lawsuit.

Well, it's the "qualified immunity" that protects cops, and yes, even bad cops, and I think it should be easier to sue them.

If a doctor can't get malpractice insurance, they won't practice medicine. If a cop is put at risk for doing his job, he just won't do it.

Suing the police would be an industry for lawyers on late night television. Every arrest would end in a revenge lawsuit.

No it wouldn't. Your hyperbole is dismissed. If this was the case it would happen now because even if police officers can be sued the bulk of the money will come from the city and it all still has to be proven.

There will alwways be people who want to be cops. Don't try to pretend they are so special.

You realize that police don't pay the man ... the city does.
They should have to pay out their own pockets..
Never be able to hire another cop if they did.

No one would want the job.
Then they don't need a job as a cop if they have trouble controlling themselves.

bud, even if they control themselves, there are going to be assholes out there making false claims just for the payout.

Those claims have to be proven in court.

Police have always had discretion in minor crimes. A warning is often enough.

Forum List

Back