Wrongful convictions overturned via DNA stats, by race.

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
Wrongful.png

DNA Exonerations Nationwide

I've noticed that when people cite conviction statistics by race, they never seem to include this context. I wonder why...

View attachment 48113

I've noticed that when people cite conviction statistics by race, they never seem to include this context. I wonder why...

are you trying to imply that there are people who WANT innocent people in prison to STAY in prison?

Well, there are, obviously. But that's not really what I was addressing. I'm talking about statistics being taken out of the context of reality, in order to demonize.

View attachment 48113

are you trying to imply that there are people who WANT innocent people in prison to STAY in prison?

Absolutely. The people who don't want to admit they made a mistake. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get an innocent person out of prison?
how in the heck can anyone argue against DNA evidence?

View attachment 48113

Absolutely. The people who don't want to admit they made a mistake. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get an innocent person out of prison?

And those 5 Supreme Court Justices:

District Attorney's Office v. Osborne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 48113

Well, there are, obviously. But that's not really what I was addressing. I'm talking about statistics being taken out of the context of reality, in order to demonize.
"demonize" what? what "statistics taken out of context"? Sorry, I'm not fluent in obtuse.

View attachment 48113

"demonize" what? what "statistics taken out of context"? Sorry, I'm not fluent in obtuse.

Agreed.

And while we are at it, what is the context of the stats from the OP?

View attachment 48113

Agreed.

you won't get a straight answer out of him..he'll just change the subject and act like nothing happened...you're reaching others who read this, though...they see what's going on.

Low IQ's have saved a lot of blacks from the death penalty too

View attachment 48113

Agreed.

you won't get a straight answer out of him..he'll just change the subject and act like nothing happened...you're reaching others who read this, though...they see what's going on.

I try to never really expect serious or honest answers from libs.

BUt thanks anyways. It is good to be reminded.:beer:

View attachment 48113

Possibly because when you look at the number of convictions nationwide every year, the figures you are showing are statistically insignificant.

They are instructive nonetheless, in giving an idea of the margin of error, as it were. Since blacks are wrongly convicted at a rate that is more that twice that of whites, one has to take conviction statistics with a grain of salt.

Bear in mind that successfully overturned convictions can only be viewed as a sample size of a much higher number of overall wrongful convictions.

Wrongfully Convicted African-Americans Wait Longer For Exoneration

There is no way you can make that assumption. How many whites have been dna tested vs blacks vs asian vs latino. Your nmners have absolutely no statistical value without all the other numbers as well.

Do I assume blacks probably do have a higher rate? Yes, but not as you are trying to present without additional backup.
View attachment 48113

Possibly because when you look at the number of convictions nationwide every year, the figures you are showing are statistically insignificant.

They are instructive nonetheless, in giving an idea of the margin of error, as it were. Since blacks are wrongly convicted at a rate that is more that twice that of whites, one has to take conviction statistics with a grain of salt.

Bear in mind that successfully overturned convictions can only be viewed as a sample size of a much higher number of overall wrongful convictions.

Wrongfully Convicted African-Americans Wait Longer For Exoneration

Forum List

Back