Wright: Controversy over sermons ‘unfair’

It's not Wright anyone's defending... it's that we don't like the rabid right's little tactic of attributing wright's comments to Obama because you're so desperate for a win any way you can get it...

even with a candidate you all hate.

But that's been typical of the jerks for the last ohhhhhhhh...8 years or so.

The Clinton machine has been attacking him as well, so it's not just us poor dumb white folk clinging to our guns and religion that don't like him.

Because your guys have done such a good job bankrupting the country the past 7 years, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

:clap2: Entitlement spending is bankrupting this country. But you are right, Bush wasn't true economic conservative. Here's to hoping MCcain is a true economic conservative.

It's not Wright anyone's defending... it's that we don't like the rabid right's little tactic of attributing wright's comments to Obama because you're so desperate for a win any way you can get it...

even with a candidate you all hate.

But that's been typical of the jerks for the last ohhhhhhhh...8 years or so.

You are just full of little gems tonight. Apply your comment to the Republicans. You have and continue to attribute to Bush things that he never said and never supported.

Dear Lord,

Please help Americans consider issues that really count for America and while you’re at it remove Reverend Wright from the biased person’s mind as they are so obsessed with the reverend they are forgetting all about the important issues such as jobs, healthcare, the war, the environment, and even taxes - Lord, I never thought I’d see that day. Thank you Lord, and if you can fit it in can you help me with that lottery ticket I am buying. Thanks and hope all is well with you, I’m doing OK by the way.

Later, Midcan

The DC sniper was a Soldier as was Timothy McVey. I bet we could name LOTS of criminals that once were in the military. But hell none of them would be racists or hate the Country.

RGS, that depends on how you view McVeigh's act. He hated our government due to actions he saw as morally repulsive. There is an ironic and tragic element to this sort of feeling toward the very system that represents and maintains what we all call our own - America. When the 'system' that supports us becomes the focus of hatred we have crossed over into anarchy. And please the service is full of racists, racism is embedded in so many minds everywhere it will take ??? years to even touch it.

What I don't understand is how many people don't understand and or refuse to look objectively.

Reverend Wright is a pastor. His job is to inspire, motivate, and provide spiritual guidance for his flock. As a pastor he may say things in order to inspire his people to achieve a certain type of understanding but his purpose is not inspire hate but action.

The reason he says what he says is to motivate people to take action upon themselves. If you someone paint a picture of a world that's out to get you and there is nothing that you can do to stop it, only to strive and do the best you can with what you have, than that's what you do. You don't sit (or at least you shouldn't sit) around and blame the "man" for your problems. You do something about them.

The reverend does not hate America. He hates what America does. He hates what it does to people and because his audience is black, he focus' on them. People who hate America don't live in America. Or if they do, they advocate destroying the government and attacking the country, not improving yourself with education and focusing on self-determination. That's what black liberation theology is (supposed to be) about. Unfortunately, like most religion, their are ignorant idiots who use what they hear as excuses, ignore the entirety of a message, and run their mouths off about how the white man has oppressed them and thats why they can't succeed. The majority of our species is foolish, ignorant, and likes to hear what it whats to hear. Pastors, politicians, lawyers, etc all know this and they sell their product based on that. There are very few people who can actually hear a message and glean what they need. Most conveyed messages are designed for these masses of people, with the hope that someone with a brain will get the message act, be it a political or religous message.

The only thing that I've heard about his sermons that sounded legitimately kooky was the bit about HIV being engineered. I'm sorry but we're not that good yet. HIV is amazing as virii go. It mutates so quickly. It's extremely elegant and is pretty much impossible to defend against unless you somehow make a vaccine based off the virus' base code.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOdlnzkeoyQ&NR=1[/ame]

One of the things you can tell about a person who actually hates something or someone is that in their speech they distance themselves from their object of hatred. Wright consistently, when speaking about American actions overseas, says we. He is including himself and his congregation in America.

Because your guys have done such a good job bankrupting the country the past 7 years, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

To be honest, I don't like anyone who is currently in office or running for office. I feel that they have all become enamored of the power and wealth from being in office and no one is there to be a public servant, which was the way it was designed in the first place.

RGS, that depends on how you view McVeigh's act. He hated our government due to actions he saw as morally repulsive. There is an ironic and tragic element to this sort of feeling toward the very system that represents and maintains what we all call our own - America. When the 'system' that supports us becomes the focus of hatred we have crossed over into anarchy. And please the service is full of racists, racism is embedded in so many minds everywhere it will take ??? years to even touch it.

Oswald also hated the U.S....which explains his attempt to defect to the Soviet Union and support Fidel Castro.

To be honest, I don't like anyone who is currently in office or running for office. I feel that they have all become enamored of the power and wealth from being in office and no one is there to be a public servant, which was the way it was designed in the first place.

Then what we're left with is the people who come closest to not messing with the things that matter to us.

My point is that a lot of liberals have been scrambling to the aid of a racist in Rev. Wright. Thats funny to me, sorry.

No one is scrambling to Wright's aid, he is just irrelevant to the election. He isn't running last I checked, and I don't give a shit if he is a racist, if I were black I'd be a racist too, there's lots of justification for that given our history.

http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/african/2000/lynching.htm

Oswald also hated the U.S....which explains his attempt to defect to the Soviet Union and support Fidel Castro.

And I find that a lot of that hatred comes from the right wing conservatives who claim government is the foe.

No one is scrambling to Wright's aid, he is just irrelevant to the election. He isn't running last I checked, and I don't give a shit if he is a racist, if I were black I'd be a racist too, there's lots of justification for that given our history.

http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/african/2000/lynching.htm

Were lynchings of black Americans wrong, hell yes. Did white America today as a whole have anything to do with any of these lynchings, hell no? There is no excuse for racism, white or black. Obama subscribes to a racist theology, the very basis of the religion is racism, Black Power. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. denounced this movement as angry and divisive. Don't you think he understood white racism and why the movement was counterproductive?

Were lynchings of black Americans wrong, hell yes. Did white America today as a whole have anything to do with any of these lynchings, hell no? There is no excuse for racism, white or black. Obama subscribes to a racist theology, the very basis of the religion is racism, Black Power. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. denounced this movement as angry and divisive. Don't you think he understood white racism and why the movement was counterproductive?

That's pure BS.

Then what we're left with is the people who come closest to not messing with the things that matter to us.

Too bad they're all crooks............what happened to the days when people got elected to office to become public servants, not to suck the people dry and get rich?

Forum List

Back