Wright: Controversy over sermons ‘unfair’

I have already quoted one article showing the stats, but I guess you refuse to read it. But since you insist here is another site for you.

In the United States, when it comes to race relations, much is said about white racism, which gives the illusion of Euro-american as a violent and threatening community. Yet this is a deceiving and prejudiced picture. A simple glance at the interracial figures show that European Americans are often targeted for interracial crimes while they seldom practice it.

http://www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com/005/06-02.htm

I suppose it's whites that cause these types of stats.:wtf:

No I ignore sources that are either indirect (quoted) or come from obviously biased sources. Read the mans page about himself, it's practically biographical masturbation.

However your second one is good, though I would prefer direct sourcing (ie not linking to someones page but instead to actual stats).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352661,00.html

Wrights now saying that the criticism of him is unfair, and that his words were taken out of context. It sounds like he's been taking lessons from Hillary...I guess he "mispoke."

How do you take "G*! Damn America" out of context?

Oh, he must have meant the other meaning for "G*! Damn America" you know, the one where it's opposite day and "G*! Damn American" actually means "God Bless America.":rolleyes: :eusa_hand:

jreeves

The only problem I've thus far had with your responses is that you aren't replying to a specific response I make, instead you come up with something not directly related and thus make me have to relpy to three things instead of just one.

You have yet to respond directly to my statement about the black power movement. I said.

The_Hammer said:
...however the primary focus of the black power movement, was to gain empowerment and independence from a position in which little or none existed for black people as a whole. It does not espouse racial superiority. Separation is not necessary, however assertion of right as equals is.

to which you replied

jreeves said:
Ok, that's the reason Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. called Black Power movement angry and divisive right?

How is that "angry" and divisive?

Second

I said

Post Link

You responded

jreeves said:
Well lets see some proof of your claims. I'm not saying that blacks haven't had a hard past, but this notion that whites today owe the blacks today some retribution is BS. Racism is wrong, regardless of which skin color is perputrating the racism.

Please tell me where in my post I espoused some sort of retributive actions or compensation to be paid by the white community.

Finally your last page showed statistics for crimes, offender vs victim statistics.

However you have failed to prove that all or a majority of these crimes are racially motivated. For example, if I were to mug someone for money, food, clothing, etc, I'd want to mug someone who was more well to do than myself. If it's likely that someone is being robbed.

From my source we can derive racially motivated crimes.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/hcrvp.pdf

You will see in that source that most perpetrators of hate crimes are white (Table 9 page 7), as they should be because they are the are a larger portion of the population. I will agree that that blacks disproportionately commit hate crimes and that most victims are white (Table 8 page 6) however the data (at least from this source) is not as exaggerated as the one you previously posted.

I will try and find another one though I doubt they'll be as accurate the BJS.

It's also difficult finding free statistics for sentencing, conviction and accusation, and race. I have found one source and I'm trying to see if I can find it for free.

jreeves

The only problem I've thus far had with your responses is that you aren't replying to a specific response I make, instead you come up with something not directly related and thus make me have to relpy to three things instead of just one.

You have yet to respond directly to my statement about the black power movement. I said.

to which you replied

Second

I said

Post Link

You responded

Please tell me where in my post I espoused some sort of retributive actions or compensation to be paid by the white community.

Finally your last page showed statistics for crimes, offender vs victim statistics.

However you have failed to prove that all or a majority of these crimes are racially motivated. For example, if I were to mug someone for money, food, clothing, etc, I'd want to mug someone who was more well to do than myself. If it's likely that someone is being robbed.

You will see in that source that most perpetrators of hate crimes are white (Table 9 page 7), as they should be because they are the are a larger portion of the population. I will agree that that blacks disproportionately commit hate crimes and that most victims are white (Table 8 page 6) however the data (at least from this source) is not as exaggerated as the one you previously posted.

It's also difficult finding free statistics for sentencing, conviction and accusation, and race. I have found one source and I'm trying to see if I can find it for free.

Would it be a consideration to possibly assume or question the system in regards to hate crimes?

For example: Do more whites commit hate crimes possibly because hate crimes really are identified more with whites committing crimes against blacks, and not the other way around? A white man kills a black man, and the activists come out of the woodwork and cry "hate-crime". I feel like circumstance woud play a large factor in this.

I would agree that there are a white majority (in regards to black/white population) and this would also help explain higher numbers. I just feel like their are other factors involved.

For example: It seems, by watching the news, that there are always hate crimes against blacks, but you must certainly never see any hate-crimes against whitesl (Except for a month ago when the two dumbasses tried to get an old lady to pay a "white-person's fee".

In the South, a black man kills a white man, and nobody says anything. The guy may or may not be caught and that's pretty much the end of it. However, when a black man is killed by a white man, all of the activists come screaming racism and injustice, making it appear that whites are committing hate crimes. I'm not saying it's this way all of the time, but just something I've experienced in the South. I do believe that hate crimes exist on both sides, however; IMO anyone who kills anyone out of cold blood is not only insane, but committing a hate crime. It's the activists and overblown media outlets that turn things into hate crimes.

The Jena 6 deal explains this concept perfectly. The white boy was almost beaten to death by 6 black boys. But the entire black community throughout the nation was up in arms over the injustice of it all. They seemed to think that the white boy hanging a noose somewhere justified beating the crap out of him and leaving him for dead. So much for freedom of speech and expression. I'll agree that it was distastefull and disrespectful, but that doesn't give the black community the right to back a bunch of thugs and claim it righteousness under the Martin Luther King Jr. "doctrine". By the way, MLK advocated non-violent means of protest. The blacks can go around and call each other "n**ga" all they want, but when I white boy does it---in the same manner, it's unexceptable.

It seems like there is an extreme double-standard with the black community...we can destroy ourselves and stay in poverty, but we're going to blame everyone else for it. We can call each other n**ga, but you can't. ect.

Not all blacks are like this, but there are alot that are. I'm not racist, but simply stating observations I've made. I really could care less about double-standards. It doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists.

jreeves

to which you replied

Second

I said

Post Link

You responded

Are you kidding me, the stats in your source proves my point. Your source states that 89.1% of hate crimes are perputrated by blacks not whites. Then your source also says that 85% of whites are the victims of hate crimes and blacks only account for 9.2%.:eusa_wall: Thanks for proving my point.

BrianH said:
It seems like there is an extreme double-standard with the black community...we can destroy ourselves and stay in poverty, but we're going to blame everyone else for it. We can call each other n**ga, but you can't. ect.
Yup. It's all about blame and the pursuit of reparations. The civil rights era is long gone. Blacks have equal rights. Nobody is stopping them. In some situations they are even more equal than others.

Many blacks are quietly pursuing the American dream. But many others continue to blame whitey for their own shortcomings. They refuse to move forward. They see themselves in a cage that no longer exists. They continue to allow themselves to be sold a bill of goods by black leaders who seek money and power....

Get a load of Wright's new million dollar "cage"....situated right next to the country club and golf course....:eusa_whistle:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/trinity.wright.home.2.687577.html

Yup. It's all about blame and the pursuit of reparations. The civil rights era is long gone. Blacks have equal rights. Nobody is stopping them. In some situations they are even more equal than others.

Many blacks are quietly pursuing the American dream. But many others continue to blame whitey for their own shortcomings. They refuse to move forward. They see themselves in a cage that no longer exists. They continue to allow themselves to be sold a bill of goods by black leaders who seek money and power....

Get a load of Wright's new million dollar "cage"....situated right next to the country club and golf course....:eusa_whistle:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/trinity.wright.home.2.687577.html

That's crazy. Why doesn't he share some of his wealth with the poor masses instead of asking poor working class white people to foot the bill.

IMO, the real racists are your Jesse Jacksons, Rev. Wrights, Quannel X that scream racism everytime something happens to a black person. But says nothing when it's he other way around. If they're rally advocates of civil rights, you'd have seen Jesse Jackson make a statement about the black gentlement who tried to get the old white lady to pay a white person's fee. You know, they threw a fit when Stanely Tookie WIlliams was put to death. (For several counts of murder and starting the most notorious gang of it's time---that's still seen today.) Granted he turned his life around in prison, but hey, he was sentenced to death. And because Bush didn't pardon him, "Bush hates black people."

Large scale racism of whites against blacks does not exist anymore. What does exist is large scale black opinion that think there is.

That's crazy. Why doesn't he share some of his wealth with the poor masses instead of asking poor working class white people to foot the bill.

IMO, the real racists are your Jesse Jacksons, Rev. Wrights, Quannel X that scream racism everytime something happens to a black person. But says nothing when it's he other way around. If they're rally advocates of civil rights, you'd have seen Jesse Jackson make a statement about the black gentlement who tried to get the old white lady to pay a white person's fee. You know, they threw a fit when Stanely Tookie WIlliams was put to death. (For several counts of murder and starting the most notorious gang of it's time---that's still seen today.) Granted he turned his life around in prison, but hey, he was sentenced to death. And because Bush didn't pardon him, "Bush hates black people."

Large scale racism of whites against blacks does not exist anymore. What does exist is large scale black opinion that think there is.

Yup. Crazy like a fox.

Lots of black leaders are no different from lots of white leaders....both are out to aggrandize themselves and rip off the public in the process.

Are you kidding me, the stats in your source proves my point. Your source states that 89.1% of hate crimes are perputrated by blacks not whites. Then your source also says that 85% of whites are the victims of hate crimes and blacks only account for 9.2%.:eusa_wall: Thanks for proving my point.

Table 8 Characteristics of Victims .9 out of 1000 white persons are the victims of hate crimes. .7 out of 1000 black persons are victims of hate crimes.

Wow where are getting that 89.1% of hate crimes are perpetrated by blacks? Table 9. Characteristics of Offenders as reported by their victims.

White offenders made up 43.5% of offenders. Blacks made up 38.8%. Learn how to read the god damn tables.

Page 8. Hate crime victims and offenders differ in age

Paragraph 2

"About 4 in 10 white hate crime victims indicated the offenders were white and the same proportion reported." Look at the table

Of hate crimes against white people, 43.2% of offenders were white, 43.3% were black. Of hate crimes against black people 85.2% perps were white (data may be inconclusive see footnote) 14.8% of perps were black (data may be inconclusive see footnote).

Page 10 table 13

Characteristics of victims by race
White 85.0%
Black 9.2%

Page 11 table 14

Characteristics of offenders by race
White 43.9%
Black 37.6%

Where the hell did you learn to read? Where are you getting that 89.1% of hate crimes are perpetrated by blacks? You also seemed to be making the argument that black people seemed to be perpetrating the attacks against white people en masse. That is not true. Black people roughly equally (greater by .1% well within margin of error) harass white persons as white persons harass white persons. I'm not going to count white on black hate crime since the data is inconclusive.

The fact of the matter is is that black people aren't committing hate crimes against white people as much as you seemed to be purporting.

I'm still trying to find a free source for sentencing by race. If anyone has access to legal journals or papers I would appreciate some help.

I'm still trying to find a free source for sentencing by race. If anyone has access to legal journals or papers I would appreciate some help.

From what I gather from your source, is that more white's are offenders and more whites are victims...that would almost conclude that there is more white-on-white hate crimes than white against black. Some of the graphs seem to be quite condradictory though. With the overall conclusion that whites are the a majority of offenders and victims, one graph shows whites as a majority of victims, while another shows blacks as the majority of victims. One graph shows %84.4 percent are white victims that reported the incident to the police. Another graph further up shows blacks making up
%85.2 of hate crime victims. I must be reading this wrong...If not, then the source is contradicting itself.

From what I gather from your source, is that more white's are offenders and more whites are victims...that would almost conclude that there is more white-on-white hate crimes than white against black. Some of the graphs seem to be quite condradictory though. With the overall conclusion that whites are the a majority of offenders and victims, one graph shows whites as a majority of victims, while another shows blacks as the majority of victims. One graph shows %84.4 percent are white victims that reported the incident to the police. Another graph further up shows blacks making up
%85.2 of hate crime victims. I must be reading this wrong...If not, then the source is contradicting itself.

No the stat you were looking at where black victims of white offenders (a stat I did not count) and white victims of crimes. There are margins that result from police collecting data and having reports given to them (not every police report results in a follow up). The data isn't contradictory.

You also have to realize that "white" is a very subjective term. White includes East Indians, Middle-Easterners, Irish, Italian, English, German, Hispanics, Pakistanis, Afghanis, pretty much everyone. Sub-Saharan Africa descendants and the Far East/Orient along with native Americans and pacific islanders are the only folks not included in the white category (at least when it's as limited in scope as this). This probably shows a correlation between white americans, who are possibly middle eastern or east indian, being harassed by other whites of european descent.

No the stat you were looking at where black victims of white offenders (a stat I did not count) and white victims of crimes. There are margins that result from police collecting data and having reports given to them (not every police report results in a follow up). The data isn't contradictory.

You also have to realize that "white" is a very subjective term. White includes East Indians, Middle-Easterners, Irish, Italian, English, German, Hispanics, Pakistanis, Afghanis, pretty much everyone. Sub-Saharan Africa descendants and the Far East/Orient along with native Americans and pacific islanders are the only folks not included in the white category (at least when it's as limited in scope as this). This probably shows a correlation between white americans, who are possibly middle eastern or east indian, being harassed by other whites of european descent.

Yeah, I was going to bring that up, but figured you already knew that. LOL.

So this source truly isn't "black and white" :cool:

That depends on where you're from.

The English are much more exclusive when using the term "white."

Ok, that's the reason Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. called Black Power movement angry and divisive right? Consider this....

According to the latest US Department of Justice survey of crime victims, more than 6.6 million violent crimes (murder, rape, assault and robbery) are committed in the US each year, of which about 20 per cent, or 1.3 million, are inter-racial crimes.

Most victims of race crime—about 90 per cent—are white, according to the survey "Highlights from 20 Years of Surveying Crime Victims", published in 1993.

Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites, according to the same survey.

Blacks thus committed 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only one-seventh the size of the white population. When these figures are adjusted on a per capita basis, they reveal an extraordinary disparity: blacks are committing more than 50 times the number of violent racial crimes of whites.

According to the latest annual report on murder by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks.
These breathtaking disparities began to emerge in the mid-1960's, when there was a sharp increase in black crime against whites, an upsurge which, not coincidentally, corresponds exactly with the beginning of the modern civil rights movement.

Over time, the cumulative effect has been staggering. Justice Department and FBI statistics indicate that between 1964 and 1994 more than 25 million violent inter-racial crimes were committed, overwhelmingly involving black offenders and white victims, and more than 45,000 people were killed in inter-racial murders. By comparisons 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam, and 34,000 were killed in the Korean war.

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/usa/racewar.htm

What about this Hammer? Suppose all this crap is just made up huh?

Table 8 Characteristics of Victims .9 out of 1000 white persons are the victims of hate crimes. .7 out of 1000 black persons are victims of hate crimes.

Wow where are getting that 89.1% of hate crimes are perpetrated by blacks? Table 9. Characteristics of Offenders as reported by their victims.

White offenders made up 43.5% of offenders. Blacks made up 38.8%. Learn how to read the god damn tables.

Paragraph 2

"About 4 in 10 white hate crime victims indicated the offenders were white and the same proportion reported." Look at the table

Of hate crimes against white people, 43.2% of offenders were white, 43.3% were black. Of hate crimes against black people 85.2% perps were white (data may be inconclusive see footnote) 14.8% of perps were black (data may be inconclusive see footnote).

Page 10 table 13

White 85.0%
Black 9.2%

Page 11 table 14

White 43.9%
Black 37.6%

Where the hell did you learn to read? Where are you getting that 89.1% of hate crimes are perpetrated by blacks? You also seemed to be making the argument that black people seemed to be perpetrating the attacks against white people en masse. That is not true. Black people roughly equally (greater by .1% well within margin of error) harass white persons as white persons harass white persons. I'm not going to count white on black hate crime since the data is inconclusive.

The fact of the matter is is that black people aren't committing hate crimes against white people as much as you seemed to be purporting.

From here;

Race of offenders
committing hate crimes
White Black Other

Race 30.5% 89.1% 59.3%

From here;

Race of offenders
committing hate crimes
White Black Other

Race 30.5% 89.1% 59.3%

More from your post;

When hate victims reported that the
persons committing the crime were
black, 9 in 10 victims said they thought
the offender’s motive for the crime was
their race; in 2 in 10, they thought it
was ethnicity. For victims reporting
white offenders, about 3 in 10 victims
attributed the crime to race, 3 in 10 to
the characteristics of associates of the
victim, 3 in 10 to their ethnicity, and
3 in 10 to their sexual orientation.

Paragraph 2

Page 10 table 13

White 85.0%
Black 9.2%

Page 11 table 14

White 43.9%
Black 37.6%

One other thing, your the one in the beginning was trying to equate hate crimes, as lynchings, don't you remember?

Forum List

Back