Wretch

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Murderers are easily identified as villains although they are not usually referred to by that term. The word villain sounds less heinous than serial-killer and child-murderer. In that sense villain reminds me of the word wretch:

wretch (noun)

1. A miserable, unfortunate, or unhappy person.

2. A person regarded as base, mean, or despicable: “a stony adversary, an inhuman wretch” (Shakespeare).

The word wretch describes a thoroughly caitiff human being, but it lags far behind M-----f----- in common usage.

M-----f----- is a particular favorite of screen writers. I cannot imagine good or bad movie tough guys calling their opponents wretch! The problem might be that the movie industry needs tough guys with larger vocabularies!

It’s a bit different with elected officials. One side of the political spectrum is certain Richard Nixon and Joseph McCarthy belong on a list of wretches that include Stalin, Mao, and Hitler.

The other side of the spectrum maintains their own top ten spots on the wretch hit parade. Impartial judges on both sides agree on one thing: There is never a shortage of government wretches.

My personal choices are:

Woodrow Wilson
Barack Hussein Obama
Joe Biden
FDR
Alger Hiss
Bill & Hillary Clinton (They count as one.)
LBJ
Ted Kennedy
Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid

Wilson is the only one on the current top ten whose place is permanent. The other nine can be juggled around to suit taste. Listing the top 500 would be a walk in the park if I include every Democrat in Congress.

NOTE: A separate list comprised of lawyers only would surly include the infamous Roe v. Wade 7, and John “It’s A Tax” Roberts:

Harry Blackmun
Warren E. Burger
William O. Douglas
William J. Brennan
Potter Stewart
Thurgood Marshall
Lewis Powell
John Roberts

Forum List

Back