Zone1 Wow wow wow!!! This just really happened to me!

God as my witness, I was looking at pictures of the Shroud of Turin online after watching an Alan Parr YT video on it. I go to click on my kjv bible on my IPAD. GUESS WHAT the verse of the day is? Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his FACE continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11. I'm speechless. Wow. This is a big deal to me. The last while I've felt that God was far from me due to various things.
Wait a minute. I thought Christians believed God has no body, parts or passions. That he's so big he fills the universe and yet so small he can dwell in your heart. So, how could he have a face?

Yes, I do understand all of that. Christianity teaches that the man, Jesus, had two natures--fully human during his life on earth, yet his full existence, truly divine--and, as you say, without form. Christians do understand that there are questions about the Shroud of Turin and whether it truly is the face of the crucified Jesus. There is also the Miracle at Lanciano where the communion bread, after consecration, turned into actual heart and blood tissue.

Biblical terms such as The Face of G-d, The Right Hand of G-d, The Finger of G-d are to assist us humans by using pictures we do understand. It is Christianity and the Catholic faith that dropped me into the lap of G-d--also figuratively speaking.

Ninja007 was learning about the Shroud of Turin, which told of Jesus, which calls to mind we are taught to know G-d, love G-d, and to serve G-d. To seek the face of God, we are seeking to know God ever better and to seek His face (presence) in our own lives.

As Christians we contemplate, G-d as Creatior; as Word; as Spirit. One G-d, all inclusive, as the Spirit of G-d hovered over the abyss before Creation began; as Creation started with a Word of G-d.
Are there still Christian cemetaries, hospitals, morgues, and do Christians have life insurance policies and has anyone you ever known personally ever resurrrected, any details on him explaining how he a person who never existed as a singular historical figure can resurrect anyone? I'd expect a normal person of his time to ask how, followed by the word B.S.!

God as my witness, I was looking at pictures of the Shroud of Turin online after watching an Alan Parr YT video on it. I go to click on my kjv bible on my IPAD. GUESS WHAT the verse of the day is? Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his FACE continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11. I'm speechless. Wow. This is a big deal to me. The last while I've felt that God was far from me due to various things.
Mystery solved. It was online … so some AI simply divined your interest and gave you something appropriate to the moment.

Are there still Christian cemetaries, hospitals, morgues, and do Christians have life insurance policies and has anyone you ever known personally ever resurrrected, any details on him explaining how he a person who never existed as a singular historical figure can resurrect anyone? I'd expect a normal person of his time to ask how, followed by the word B.S.!
Weird comment. Yes, Christians have cemeteries, hospitals, and have life insurance policies. Why wouldn’t they? Life insurance is for the people left behind before the morning of the first resurrection. It takes 8 to 10 years for a family to transition from life with the breadwinner to life without the breadwinner. And, as I wrote, the resurrection will be after the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. So why are you asking to see a resurrected person?

Quit making silly statements as if they are true without evidence.

When Jesus spoke of eternal life, he was also clear that eternal life would not be limited to a physical life here on Earth. He noted that the afterlife, a life in God's presence, has many dwelling places, and that he goes to prepare a place for his followers.

I am not clear where you picked up the idea there would be no cemeteries, morgues, or death? We could discuss that passage if you would like.

When Jesus spoke of eternal life, he was also clear that eternal life would not be limited to a physical life here on Earth. He noted that the afterlife, a life in God's presence, has many dwelling places, and that he goes to prepare a place for his followers.

I am not clear where you picked up the idea there would be no cemeteries, morgues, or death? We could discuss that passage if you would like.
It's very clear you don't want to admit there is no healing nor resurrection if there are still those thing I listed, and health & life insurance shows the so called believers aren't buying it either, otherwise they'd forego those things.
And note: Christianity as the Hanotzrim did, teach the Egyptian underworld and Greek death cultism whereby his paradise is n death, the opposite of creators creation in life (perfected)-olam habah (time to come).

It's very clear you don't want to admit there is no healing nor resurrection
Your own idea of resurrection is not what Jesus nor the Church teaches. Trying to paste your own idea of what Christianity "really" means isn't working. It makes no sense to our teachings.

Your own idea of resurrection is not what Jesus nor the Church teaches. Trying to paste your own idea of what Christianity "really" means isn't working. It makes no sense to our teachings.
Fact: Judaism despises death as unnatural and opposition to the Creator (creation), in Judaism you are rewarded by "returning" to life to see what your works and deeds benefited your Olam Habah, not entering paradise in death, but by creating it in life and resurrecting into that perfected future (olam habah).
By forfeiting this life for sake of worshiping and glorifying paradise in death causes mankind to trash life and covet death.
1) the NT said he descended to hades 1 peter 3:19,
Acts 2:27, Apostles Creed.
But he told Mary to lie for him and say he ascened to his father-John 20:1-17

2)the Roman formed one world religion teaches both resurrection back to life and Egyptian underworld/greek death cultism because they are converging all cultures faiths appeasing everyone.

3) They borrowed and plagiarized the Judaic concept of Resurrection from the predated OT Rabbi with similar name Yohoshua ben Chananiah(?spell?).

4) Yeshu son of Mary of 100 bc, used for a portion of the converged figure Jesus, had learned Egyptian underworld teachings when fleeing the King Jannaeus persecution of Pharisee during the Pharisee revolt.
So on one hand Rome is appeasing the greek death cultist and the other trying to appeal to the transhumanists and naturalists.
They require keeping their paradise in death beliefs as a means to get people to defend and die for their kingdom.
Also as a way to explaining their failed dying god.-THIS TEACHING CAUSED OVER THOUSANDS OF WARS AND OVER 50 MILLION MURDERS not one which reached a paradise in the Creators creation of life, because As I hinted before "the beginning is at the end" which means they created hell by choosing death over choosing life.
Lawlessness over law.

Serendipity

My mother always used to point out how whenever she went to look something up in a book many times she would open it almost "magically" to exactly the page and paragraph that she wanted. That's happened to me a lot too. In fact, one very odd thing that has happened to me several times involved actress Drew Barrymore. First of all, Drew has the same birthday as my father. And second, back in the 1800s my grandmother's aunts were involved in a traveling singing group. They were touring the American West by train, apparently...and at some point they found themselves broke with no money to leave town and move on. It's so happened that Drew's great-great aunt Elizabeth Barrymore was in town, and at some point crossed paths with MY great- great aunts near the venue. Elizabeth Barrymore gave my ancestors the money they needed to get on a train. Several times when I relate the story to others, very soon after something about Drew Barrymore mysteriously pops up on TV or somewhere else, much as you described with your Shroud of Turin story. I tend to think Drew and might have some Karmic connection based on that chance meeting of our aunts over 125 years ago.

I'm not particularly religious, but I'm not deliberately trying to say your experience wasn't divine in some way... But these types of serendipitous occurrences do happen fairly often among people. I don't think it necessarily has to do with religion so much as our personal connections to things in our hearts, minds and souls.

Forum List

Back