WOW! That Was Weird!!! Seattle 14 GB 12

Crappy call but it's more on the replay booth or rule than it is on the officials.

Who picked these refs?

The real refs?

My understanding is that they were recruited from the ranks of small colleges and indoor pro football.

They seem clueless to the point that they seem to make almost intentional mistakes in judgement.

An average NFL viewer seems to know the rule-book better and is a better judge of what pass interference is.

Seattle should have lost but were given a gift to keep their final drive going and the interception in the end-zone that won the game for them was ruled a TD even though the receiver had less control over the ball than that defender. He only had on hand on the ball while the Defensive Back for Green Bay had both arms wrapped around the ball and had is securely against his chest.

This didn't seem to matter to these idiots.

One would think they're intentionally blowing calls to hurry negotiations between the refs and the owners.
Oh come on mud. The entire game was blown from the beginning. There were tons of shitty calls on both sides and it's worth noting that the packers were given at least two, maybe three, absolute gifts by the refs that kept their last scoring drve alive. The last blown calls was just one in a string of crap that was influencing the game. You could argue that had the game been called correctly Seattle would have won 7-6. The reality though is that the game was so fucked up that who knows who would have won. That's the real problem here. Instead of everyone talking about a totally dominating Seattle defensive effort, we are talking about shitty refs.

My understanding is that they were recruited from the ranks of small colleges and indoor pro football.

They seem clueless to the point that they seem to make almost intentional mistakes in judgement.

An average NFL viewer seems to know the rule-book better and is a better judge of what pass interference is.

Seattle should have lost but were given a gift to keep their final drive going and the interception in the end-zone that won the game for them was ruled a TD even though the receiver had less control over the ball than that defender. He only had on hand on the ball while the Defensive Back for Green Bay had both arms wrapped around the ball and had is securely against his chest.

One would think they're intentionally blowing calls to hurry negotiations between the refs and the owners.
Oh come on mud. The entire game was blown from the beginning. There were tons of shitty calls on both sides and it's worth noting that the packers were given at least two, maybe three, absolute gifts by the refs that kept their last scoring drve alive. The last blown calls was just one in a string of crap that was influencing the game. You could argue that had the game been called correctly Seattle would have won 7-6. The reality though is that the game was so fucked up that who knows who would have won. That's the real problem here. Instead of everyone talking about a totally dominating Seattle defensive effort, we are talking about shitty refs.

Exactly! When is the last time that Green Bay was held to two field goals and a questionable drive for one TD in a game?

Exactly! When is the last time that Green Bay was held to two field goals and a questionable drive for one TD in a game?

It's been a while for sure. Seattle has a very powerful defense that harassed and stifled green bay all night long. 8 sacks in the first half? Wow. And in reality, while green bay was able to move the ball better in the second half they really never had a legitimate drive that resulted in a touchdown. Seattle was able to hold off that attack...and twice green bay should have been punting instead of scoring....but here we go back to the refs. Lol.

That was the biggest robbery I've seen in the NFL!

How much money could the real refs be asking for? Just give them their damn money!

How much money could the real refs be asking for? Just give them their damn money!

The quality of reffing can be increased over time. My guess is they are already more than adequately compensated for what they do and they want a bigger piece of the pie than they deserve. The general public needs to stop propping up this strike BS that unions are incorporating more and more. In the end, we pay for it too.

No the biggest robbery was super bowl XL. The vast majority of the time something like this happens in a Seattle game the Seahawks are the ones getting the shaft. I don't hear green bay fans crying about the shitty calls that led to their touchdown in the first place. I don't hear anyone crying that clay Matthews should have been called for roughing the passer on the last play making the entire end zone situation irrelevant and giving the Seahawks another shot at the end zone anyhow.

Had green bay won that game Seattle fans would be screaming (and very correctly so) that the refs handed the Packers a bullshit touchdown and everyone would have said "oh stop your whining" because it's the holy packers. It's about time Seattle fans have the opportunity to tell someone else to shut their yap and dry their tears for a change

Last edited:
From what I've been reading on Facebook, even Seattle fans are unhappy with those refs.

35484_3637445745769_558271978_n.jpg

From what I've been reading on Facebook, even Seattle fans are unhappy with those refs.

35484_3637445745769_558271978_n.jpg

Yeah but that means that the game was evened out. Everyone always focuses on the one bad call that happens closer to the end but ignores all other's that actually changed the game.

I don't know who should have won that game. The officiating was out of the "Twilight Zone".

The first half was close ...our defense was outstanding.... 8 sacks on Rogers. We sucked on offense except for that one perfect TD pass. GB had one or two field goals..I can't remember.

They should have called the game then.

Then there was the most horribly called second half in NFL history.

On their one and only TD drive our D-Back broke up a Rogers pass with a perfectly timed play on about the 42. That would have left 4 th and long ..GB would have certainly punted. We were clearly hosed by the officials. Not only that but we were called about half a dozen times in the second half on some very bogus holding calls. We were called a couple of times on late hits to Rogers...and our QB got nailed about 4 times very late with no calls.

Then the game started to go down hill.. :lol:

Oh ya...the last play. I don't know who had control of the ball... ties go to the offense. The closest official apparently believed Golden Tate had enough possession for at least a tie so we got maybe the strangest victory EVAH!!!

I don't blame Green Bay for walking off the field. They got hosed in their minds..I can't dissagree. To GB's credit they did send out 11 guys for the PAT.

Those refs should never be allowed on an NFL field again.

Goodell is a fucking joke.... and I don't say that just because I'm a Saints fan. What went on last night, and has been going on for weeks now is a disgrace.

On ESPN they where saying Goodell is really at the mercy of the owners. So he is the middleman.

I don't blame the refs. There's ambiguity in the rule and they technically called it correctly.

no there isn't, and no they didnt get it right.

And this isnt even mentioning Tate's push off.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about per usual.

Had green bay won that game Seattle fans would be screaming (and very correctly so) that the refs handed the Packers a bullshit touchdown and everyone would have said "oh stop your whining" because it's the holy packers. It's about time Seattle fans have the opportunity to tell someone else to shut their yap and dry their tears for a change

this isn't about the seahawks getting the shaft. This isnt about one blown call. This is about bigger things, things that have led up to this.

The seahawks got away with one last night. between the call and the ignoring of tate's push off.

your point about the seahawks getting one is pointless and irrelevant. Any real fan would know the call was utter bullshit.

I don't blame the refs. There's ambiguity in the rule and they technically called it correctly.

no there isn't, and no they didnt get it right.

And this isnt even mentioning Tate's push off.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about per usual.

Even had that been called Matthews should have been called for roughing the passer and it all offsets with a replay of the down. Green bay was guilty of some absolutely brutal holding calls that were never flagged...by the middle of the third quarter the refs had the game so completely fucked up that anything could have happened.

this isn't about the seahawks getting the shaft. This isnt about one blown call. This is about bigger things, things that have led up to this.

The seahawks got away with one last night. between the call and the ignoring of tate's push off.

your point about the seahawks getting one is pointless and irrelevant. Any real fan would know the call was utter bullshit.

Exactly...it wasn't about one call...it was a slew of bullshit calls that were fucking up the game FAR before that one. The Seahawks were handed a bullshit td....guess what...so was green bay

This is what someone tweeted last night, and I thought it was awesome!

" "Dear NFL fans: pardon our lack of sympathy for bad officiating. None of us have forgotten Superbowl XL. Sincerely, Seahawks Nation"

Living in Washington State and having many friends and family who are Seahawks fan, at one point every status update on my Facebook was about the game. My father who is a die hard fan, even said the Seahawks stole the game.

Forum List

Back