WOW! That Was Weird!!! Seattle 14 GB 12

Had green bay won that game Seattle fans would be screaming (and very correctly so) that the refs handed the Packers a bullshit touchdown and everyone would have said "oh stop your whining" because it's the holy packers. It's about time Seattle fans have the opportunity to tell someone else to shut their yap and dry their tears for a change

this isn't about the seahawks getting the shaft. This isnt about one blown call. This is about bigger things, things that have led up to this.

The seahawks got away with one last night. between the call and the ignoring of tate's push off.

your point about the seahawks getting one is pointless and irrelevant. Any real fan would know the call was utter bullshit.

Exactly...it wasn't about one call...it was a slew of bullshit calls that were fucking up the game FAR before that one. The Seahawks were handed a bullshit td....guess what...so was green bay

but this is bigger because it cost them the game at the end. Naturally the last piece of evidence is always going to be the most talked about.

this isn't about the seahawks getting the shaft. This isnt about one blown call. This is about bigger things, things that have led up to this.

The seahawks got away with one last night. between the call and the ignoring of tate's push off.

your point about the seahawks getting one is pointless and irrelevant. Any real fan would know the call was utter bullshit.

Exactly...it wasn't about one call...it was a slew of bullshit calls that were fucking up the game FAR before that one. The Seahawks were handed a bullshit td....guess what...so was green bay

but this is bigger because it cost them the game at the end. Naturally the last piece of evidence is always going to be the most talked about.

The bullshit calls that led to the Packers touchdown almost cost Seattle a win. It goes both ways dude. Had it been called correctly it probably ends as a 7-6 Seahawks victory

Last edited:
I don't blame the refs. There's ambiguity in the rule and they technically called it correctly.

no there isn't, and no they didnt get it right.

And this isnt even mentioning Tate's push off.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about per usual.

Even had that been called Matthews should have been called for roughing the passer and it all offsets with a replay of the down. Green bay was guilty of some absolutely brutal holding calls that were never flagged...by the middle of the third quarter the refs had the game so completely fucked up that anything could have happened.

push>holding.....holding call you could miss. You dont miss that push.

I don't blame the refs. There's ambiguity in the rule and they technically called it correctly.

Even had that been called Matthews should have been called for roughing the passer and it all offsets with a replay of the down. Green bay was guilty of some absolutely brutal holding calls that were never flagged...by the middle of the third quarter the refs had the game so completely fucked up that anything could have happened.

Absolutely true. Both defenses deserved to win. The only truly great offensive play was the Seahawks TD pass. Green Bay limped in to their TD with a total leg up by the refs. We were tagged with at least two bullshit roughing the passer penalties that helped GB sustain drives...and at the same time late in the game Seattle QB was hammered at least four times with no flag. Seattle was called for holding numerous times when there was no grabbing just arm locks that were incidental to two big guys pushing on each other. There was also a total bullshit facemask call against the Hawks when the GB(Rodgers) guy leaned down and into the Seatle defender making it impossible to not touch the helmet.

GB recieved at least a dozen charity calls that gave them first downs in the second half. Focusing on that one last call is rediculous. Ya it was probably an interception..and our guy definitely pushed off. BUT it was only one play out of at least a couple dozen game changers in the contest that were fucked up by the refs.

GB didn't deserve the win any more than Seattle did. That is the sad and frustrating part of this discussion. A great and well matched football game was fucked up by the refs and we will never know which team really deserved to win.

I do know? Look at the fucking rule. It says if they both control the ball at the same time then the tie goes to the offensive player. They both took control at the same time; they both began the catch at the same fucking time. The rule doesn't regard if one player has 2 hands on it to a players 1 hand or if one player has it closer his chest. So blow it out your ass fuckface. You just don't want to look at shit fairly as per usual.

The GB player shouldn't have tried to be a hero and he should have knocked it down. He paid the price for playing hero ball. GB has themselves to blame for the loss; but of course they don't want to do that.

You don't miss clay Matthew hammering Wilson late either on the same play. Go back and watch that second half. The Seahawks stopped getting sacks for many reasons but one of the biggest was that the Packers embarked on one of the most aggressive holding campaigns I have ever seen, and it wasn't just one or two dude, there were tons of them that we're totally ridiculous.

You are focusing on one play that had so many blown calls in it, but you seem to be totally overlooking that the game should have never been in that situation to begin with. Called correctly, the packers punt on their last scoring drive (twice actually) and the Seahawks are never in a position where they have to score to win. The entire situation was created by inept officiating to begin with

I do know? Look at the fucking rule. It says if they both control the ball at the same time then the tie goes to the offensive player. They both took control at the same time; they both began the catch at the same fucking time. The rule doesn't regard if one player has 2 hands on it to a players 1 hand or if one player has it closer his chest. So blow it out your ass fuckface. You just don't want to look at shit fairly as per usual.

The GB player touched the ball first..true.. but his feet were not on the ground. He does not have "control" of the football untill he has both feet inbounds. The Seattle player had his left hand wrapped around the ball before either player was on his feet and the Seattle player never lost his gip on the football once he had established his part of the control of the ball. If you want to use the "one guy had two hands on the ball and the other guy had one hand on the ball"...that doesn't fly either. Many TDs have been ruled good with one hand catches. There is no rule that says two hands are better than one.

The GB player shouldn't have tried to be a hero and he should have knocked it down. He paid the price for playing hero ball. GB has themselves to blame for the loss; but of course they don't want to do that.

That is exactly the way the coaches will evaluate the play. There was NO team advantage to make an interception with no time on the clock.

I suspect the referee strike will be resolved by tomorrow morning

The GB player touched the ball first..true.. but his feet were not on the ground. He does not have "control" of the football untill he has both feet inbounds. The Seattle player had his left hand wrapped around the ball before either player was on his feet and the Seattle player never lost his gip on the football once he had established his part of the control of the ball. If you want to use the "one guy had two hands on the ball and the other guy had one hand on the ball"...that doesn't fly either. Many TDs have been ruled good with one hand catches. There is no rule that says two hands are better than one.

Great point. It was a catch and yet ESPN (and the rest of the media) is (virtually) unanimously trumping it as a blown call to pimp their story lines.

The final calls and non call were uniformly brilliant, accurate, perceptive, fair and resulted in what may have been one of the best officiated games in the history of superbly officiated games.

:lmao:

And "the NFL" has clarified the matter by declaring that the call and the replay ruling was spot on!*

:lmao:

* Edit: Just to clarify it a bit. I recall they did address the issue of the catch vs interception, but they did concede a problem with the non-call of the pass interference -- which is not subject to review via replay.

Last edited:

there is more than one rule cumstain.

You don't miss clay Matthew hammering Wilson late either on the same play. Go back and watch that second half. The Seahawks stopped getting sacks for many reasons but one of the biggest was that the Packers embarked on one of the most aggressive holding campaigns I have ever seen, and it wasn't just one or two dude, there were tons of them that we're totally ridiculous.

You are focusing on one play that had so many blown calls in it, but you seem to be totally overlooking that the game should have never been in that situation to begin with. Called correctly, the packers punt on their last scoring drive (twice actually) and the Seahawks are never in a position where they have to score to win. The entire situation was created by inept officiating to begin with

i didnt watch the game, i was watching something with my kid. vastly more important.

I saw the last call, and like i said the last call is what has been building up. I know all about these refs and bad calls from the pats/ravens game.

i didnt watch the game, i was watching something with my kid. vastly more important.

I saw the last call, and like i said the last call is what has been building up. I know all about these refs and bad calls from the pats/ravens game.

So you are arguing that the packers got screwed out of a win but you didn't watch the game.......gotcha. :ack-1:

Bad call. Tate obviously shoved off - and the TD should not have counted. Although in a scrum in the endzone everbody is pushing and shoving.

Tate should not have been fined for the clean block on the Cowboys LB the previous week.

Nowhere near as bad as the Vinny Testeverde phantom TD -NY Jets at home against the Seahawks in Dec 1998,in the final seconds, that cost Seattle a chance at the playoffs, ushered in Instant Replay in the NFL.

Last edited:
Seahawk fan goes off! Funny shit!...

A Must watch!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_ZYo6gIaI]Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers Game Ending Play "Controversy" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back