Wow, in book Bush says, "GOP leadership wanted to play politics soldiers lives"

Makes me feel even better about GW.... He didnt care about politics when it came to national defense.

Thanks Rdean....

BTW, do ever have a thought of your own?
I mean really.... you keep dragging up these dumb things and dropping them on the doorstep of USMB and then you sit there and meow....

I have a fucking cat that is more intelligent than you sir....

He didn't care about the Iraqi Christians either. From 1.4 million to 400,000. Where did they go? Not here. There weren't allowed to come here. We ruined their lives. But I'm stupid and your smart. Only I have a soul and a conscience.

You don't really miss what you never had.

and Clinton didnt care about Iraqi Kurds. I never once heard her say anything in support of them. What hypocrites the Dems are!

You know Kurds are Muslims, right? Why does the right wing care for Muslims over Christians? You would think from what they say about Muslims, it would be the other way around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky)

Mr. President, McConnell is quoted as saying, your unpopularity is going to cost us control of the Congress.

Bush said he responded to McConnell: Well, Mitch, what do you want me to do about it?

McConnell, the president wrote, answered: Mr. President, bring some troops home from Iraq.

Bush said this was his answer: Mitch, I believe our presence in Iraq is necessary to protect America, and I will not withdraw troops unless military conditions warrant.

If the story is true, Sen. McConnell will have to explain to the families of all the men and women who sacrificed in Iraq why he was willing to play politics with their lives,

Mitch McConnell Suggested Using Troops As Political Pawns

Before the 2006 midterm elections in which Republicans ultimately took a clobbering, Sen. Mitch McConnell asked President Bush in a private Oval Office meeting to pull some troops out of Iraq in order to boost the GOP's chances, Bush reports in his new memoir.

And in the same month -- September 2006 -- that McConnell made his private request, he publicly blasted Democrats for calling for a reduction of troops in Iraq, saying that their position endangered Americans.

The Washington Monthly

-------------------------------------

Is Mitch's position defensible?
Iraq was never a threat to the US. Iraq was crippled by two decades of war and sanctions. Read Clean Break Strategy.

You know Kurds are Muslims, right? Why does the right wing care for Muslims over Christians? You would think from what they say about Muslims, it would be the other way around?
True. Most Kurds are Sunni.

Fucking idiots. If they think like that, right-wing politics should have been about licking the asses of the left

Iraq was never a threat to the US. Iraq was crippled by two decades of war and sanctions. Read Clean Break Strategy.

Yep, this was a war of choice and the Bush Administration employed big time propaganda tactics to try and get us on board. Just like they changed the mission in Afghanistan, they botched Iraq and that resulted in the creation of ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood.

and Clinton didnt care about Iraqi Kurds. I never once heard her say anything in support of them. What hypocrites the Dems are!

Bush said this was his answer: Mitch, I believe our presence in Iraq is necessary to protect America, and I will not withdraw troops unless military conditions warrant.

Well, that seems quite clear, and he was looking at military considerations and not politics. Where exactly did he say he was playing politics with lives?

Republicans vote in lockstep.

You know, the funny thing is that the very start of this thread proves you are full of coprolite.

You claim they "vote in lockstep", yet you start with a senior member disagreeing with the President.

Gee, that sure makes it seem like that claim is completely false, as it does not agree with the topic you yourself created.

You know Kurds are Muslims, right?

You know Kurds are an ethnic group, right? And Islam is a Religion.

Do I actually have to break down the difference between an ethnicity and a religion?

Or are you some kind of racist, and assume that all of a certain race or religion think the same?

In a democracy the military works for the politicians. In that sense you could say that maybe FDR might have "played politics with Soldiers lives" on a stinking island that the Navy could have bypassed in 1945. Truman was surely playing politics with Soldier's lives during the incredible boondoggle that political historians refer to as "the Forgotten War". LBJ was playing politics when he used a faked "crisis" to send Troops to Vietnam and then set the rules so that Americans could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Bill Clinton was the best political player when he doubled down and attacked a defenseless country in Europe when he was literally caught with his pants down. Republicans are in the minority party and we abandoned allies in Afghanistan. How T-F is it possible to blame the senate minority leader for the treatment of Soldiers and the mess the Country is in these days?

Is there a reason surada revived this necro thread?

12 years old....really?

Sooooo, which sock is surada?

Now that the real Republicans are gone, America is threatened by the GOP itself, which has become a leftist litter

Forum List

Back